HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/31)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2014, 09:49 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Probably because in German "j" sounds about the same as Cyrillic "й" and historically German language was more known in Russia than English (English became dominant only in about last 40 years), so probabaly for many people it is still that way.
Well that's the best reason I've gotten so far. I bet a lot of people also do it because they see others do it.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:48 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
What's your take on Duclair and Buch?
Good picks so far especially chosen as 3rd rounders
More meh on Skjei & Nieves that were picked in earlier rounds

Old
01-06-2014, 01:54 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Good picks so far especially chosen as 3rd rounders
More meh on Skjei & Nieves that were picked in earlier rounds
Why Skjei? He's had a great year.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Joey Bones

Congrats to Finland!! Great upset win!!

Just a little off the topic here, but does anyone think Calle Andersson and/or Thomas Spelling will get an entry level deal? IMO I would sign Calle, but not Thomas. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old
01-06-2014, 06:31 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Congrats to Finland!! Great upset win!!

Just a little off the topic here, but does anyone think Calle Andersson and/or Thomas Spelling will get an entry level deal? IMO I would sign Calle, but not Thomas. Anyone have any thoughts?
Andersson might, but Spelling is doubtful.

Andersson has been coming along pretty well, from all reports. He's a defenseman that plays the right side, which we need, and moves the puck pretty well. He's not dissimilar from the guys we've acquired recently on defense (Moore, Skjei, Allen) in that he's mobile, offensively capable and sound defensively. I'd wager he's signed and starts in the AHL next season.

Spelling really set himself back in deciding to play in Denmark. I know he was frustrated bouncing between levels in Sweden last season, but the league he's in now is weak. It's like a guy decides he's going to play big minutes in the CHL rather than bounce between the AHL and ECHL. You get bigger minutes, a more defined role, but you're playing against nobodies. The choice probably cost him any chance at earning an ELC.

It's just pain.
Old
01-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
What's your take on Duclair and Buch?
Duclair is interesting, I like him alot but he can go either way. He has all the tools, I think if he wants it the sky is the limit.

Buch I have not enough evidence that he's anything to hang your hat on, but I like his skill and vision. Another boom of bust. This soon after the draft the jury is still out on 98% of the draftees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Define 'great'.

Old
01-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Good year, but not great. Certainly much better than last year, but he's a project.

Old
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Duclair is interesting, I like him alot but he can go either way. He has all the tools, I think if he wants it the sky is the limit.

Buch I have not enough evidence that he's anything to hang your hat on, but I like his skill and vision. Another boom of bust. This soon after the draft the jury is still out on 98% of the draftees.

Define 'great'.
Dunno, thought the consensus is that he's one of the top college d-men from what I've read. Haven't watched him in about a month or two.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:08 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Define 'great'.
He's had a great year from the standpoint that he's now one of the top defensive prospects in the college game, whereas last year he was struggling even to earn playing time behind some upperclassmen. His play might not yet be consistently great, but I think the improvement he has shown in his poise and confidence is certainly so.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
TheRightWay

This is a really big writeup on our prospects. Thought it was worth posting here.

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2014-ar...uary-2013.html

Old
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Ola

Phillip Furrer picked for the Olympics. Do we still own his rights?

Old
01-06-2014, 05:14 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Phillip Furrer picked for the Olympics. Do we still own his rights?
LOL. That's a blast from the past.

Old
01-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Andersson might, but Spelling is doubtful.

Andersson has been coming along pretty well, from all reports. He's a defenseman that plays the right side, which we need, and moves the puck pretty well. He's not dissimilar from the guys we've acquired recently on defense (Moore, Skjei, Allen) in that he's mobile, offensively capable and sound defensively. I'd wager he's signed and starts in the AHL next season.

Spelling really set himself back in deciding to play in Denmark. I know he was frustrated bouncing between levels in Sweden last season, but the league he's in now is weak. It's like a guy decides he's going to play big minutes in the CHL rather than bounce between the AHL and ECHL. You get bigger minutes, a more defined role, but you're playing against nobodies. The choice probably cost him any chance at earning an ELC.
Would love to see that. We have been hearing about him coming over for a couple of years.

Old
01-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Kwayry

Quote:

Duclair is carrying the team currently, so I don't think there is any doubt on whether he wants it or not. It's more whether the skillset will translate or not.

Old
01-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Ola

Quote:
Duclair is carrying the team currently, so I don't think there is any doubt on whether he wants it or not. It's more whether the skillset will translate or not.
Yeah, there is just so much less room in the AHL as opposed to the Q.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
He's had a great year from the standpoint that he's now one of the top defensive prospects in the college game, whereas last year he was struggling even to earn playing time behind some upperclassmen. His play might not yet be consistently great, but I think the improvement he has shown in his poise and confidence is certainly so.
He improved from what I thought was a very mediocre freshman year where he didn't play good positional hockey. Now he looks like he's more confident(maturity) and involved, thats a step up but not 'great'.

Quote:
Wanting it at a level of comfort is easy, wanting it(and achieving it) when you face adversity is the real proof.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
He improved from what I thought was a very mediocre freshman year where he didn't play good positional hockey. Now he looks like he's more confident(maturity) and involved, thats a step up but not 'great'.
All right, well, that's arguing semantics. I think the jump is "great." It's not fantastic, amazing, colossal, nor is it just fine, acceptable or satisfactory. Great.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 7m
Wow Ryan Graves to Val dor
Graves traded?

Old
01-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
All right, well, that's arguing semantics. I think the jump is "great." It's not fantastic, amazing, colossal, nor is it just fine, acceptable or satisfactory. Great.
Seems Ranger fans are eager to jump on the 'great' train when a prospect doesn't totally suck.

Ville Pokka has been great, so has Oscar Dansk. See what I mean ?

Old
01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Skjei's improvement can't be described by anything lower than great. He's a completely different player compared to last year. I am not the only one who says that. This was even harped on during the WJCs.

When your play improves exponentially, it's tough to try and say that is not a great improvement.

Old
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Brady Skjei

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Graves traded?
Nothing on the QMJHL or Charlottetown websites yet, but a bunch of people on twitter saying so. I'm guessing those websites will be updated in a few minutes if it's true. Don't know how trustworthy the sources on twitter are.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
nsvoyageurs

Ryan Graves was traded from Charlottetown to Val D'Or today as today was the QMJHL trading deadline. Link below:

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/transactions

Old
01-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Nice. It'll be good to see him make a playoff run the new squad.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

From reading the QMJHL thread, Graves was traded because Charlottetown is tanking/rebuilding. Makes sense. They also traded their captain Jack Nevins, who's having an eh overage year.

Hope Graves can thrive on his new team.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Richter915

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
Ryan Graves was traded from Charlottetown to Val D'Or today as today was the QMJHL trading deadline. Link below:

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/transactions
wonder if he gets play time with mantha...would be a huge boost to his game.

Closed Thread