HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #43|Tue., Jan. 7, 2014| Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
O B

vCash: 100
Of course Giroux couldn't make the Olympic team to make room for Jeff Carter and his 26 points. Giroux will shine on the score sheet and may even knock a Devil head off in the process

Old
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Glad that Jagr is such a friendly guy. I find that kind of thing is rare to do that with former teammates.
It's also nice to hear a player legitimately liked to play for your favorite team. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Old
01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Hey man, no worries this is exactly the type of thing Giroux needs, he has a horrible temper and now he's gonna explode and in a good way.. Giroux is best when he's playing passionately.

Old
01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
hockeyfreak7

Jagr is a legend of a man. If the whole world could be like him, there would be so few problems. The man just lives in the moment and does what his heart tells him to do. Coming to Philly was the epitome of Jagr. Offer from Pittsburgh to retire a legend? Eh, who cares, he'd rather get the taste of some other places before he hangs up the skates.

One of my favorites to ever play the game for sure. I hated his guts when I was 10, though. All I heard from Caps fans around here was how big of a money grubber he was. To think I still hear that from people. I'm sure he loves the money, but he's in it for the experience moreso than the money or the fame I think.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:03 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Jagr is a legend of a man. If the whole world could be like him, there would be so few problems. The man just lives in the moment and does what his heart tells him to do. Coming to Philly was the epitome of Jagr. Offer from Pittsburgh to retire a legend? Eh, who cares, he'd rather get the taste of some other places before he hangs up the skates.

One of my favorites to ever play the game for sure. I hated his guts when I was 10, though. All I heard from Caps fans around here was how big of a money grubber he was. To think I still hear that from people. I'm sure he loves the money, but he's in it for the experience moreso than the money or the fame I think.
If it were just about the money he'd still probably be in the KHL.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Lamoriello? He's pretty much always at the top of the GM rankings.

What's wrong with him?
His team has kind of floundered over the recent years aside from a losing SCF run.

Tried to push the contract rules and circumvent what was in place so obviously with the Kovalchuk contract, got penalized, then lost both Parise and Kovalchuk for nothing eventually, his drafting hasn't produced much in recent seasons, for some reason he held on to the 29th overall pick (used to draft Matteau) so he could sacrifice his seemingly high ranking 1st this season, and traded a 1st for Schneider who seems questionable to re-sign at this point. Devils fans could elaborate more, but just from what I know that's a bulk of it for now.

He also hasn't really replaced all the big name talent that's left and his current team is pretty bad, poorly ranked, and has no 1st.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

It's not just Caps fans who believe that, basically anybody whose every been around the game of hockey & Jagr has said that the guy always goes to the highest bidder.

He's also a pretty big gambler so he has reasons for doing so.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Garbage Goal

I like Jagr, but he definitely cares about money as much as most NHL players do.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:33 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's not just Caps fans who believe that, basically anybody whose every been around the game of hockey & Jagr has said that the guy always goes to the highest bidder.
Which isn't exactly true. He turned down bigger offers to sign with the Flyers. The guy just does what he wants to do. You can't fault him for that. He just doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I like Jagr, but he definitely cares about money as much as most NHL players do.
Yeah, probably as much as anyone else, but it's not his sole motivator like some would have you believe.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I do as well but it's okay to call a spade a spade here. He's not the only guy in professional sports & certainly won't be the last. I can't say I wouldn't be the same if I was in their shoes.

The best was last week when Jay Cutler signed a big deal which made him one of the highest paid QB's in the NFL (which he didn't deserve IMO) & during his press conference was trying to make it out like he left money on the table out of the kindness of his heart.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Which isn't exactly true. He turned down bigger offers to sign with the Flyers. The guy just does what he wants to do. You can't fault him for that. He just doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks about him.
He didn't sign with Pittsburgh because they didn't have enough cap room/money to offer.

He then signed with freaking Dallas for good sum of money on the first day of free agency the following year.

It's alright to call a spade a spade, nobody faults him for what basically a lot of other athletes do.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A GINGER SCORNED! GIVE 'EM HELL CLAUDE!

Old
01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Good Maiden song

Giroux will score at 7:06

Old
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He didn't sign with Pittsburgh because they didn't have enough cap room/money to offer.

He then signed with freaking Dallas for good sum of money on the first day of free agency the following year.

It's alright to call a spade a spade, nobody faults him for what basically a lot of other athletes do.
Right, but it's been established that the Flyers were not the highest bidder for Jagr.

I'm not saying the guy isn't out for a paycheck. I'm saying that he's not only about the money like people always seem to suggest. The guy has been around the block and is clearly just having fun trying everything out.

Like it was said above, if he just wanted to maximize his paycheck, he'd still be in the KHL.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Tundra

I'll chime in. Jagr loves the devils right now largely because we are so thin up front, that DeBoer has to play him 20 minutes a game.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
Starters: Emery, Coburn-Timonen, Raffl-Giroux-Voracek

Scratches: Read, Rosehill, Gill

Goalies: Emery vs. Brodeur

Referees: Mike Leggo (3) and Chris Lee (28)

Old
01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
I don't think I'm in the mood to listen to that troll Pierre. Sixer night for me fellas.

Edit. No Doc and Pierre!

Old
01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Of course I'm blacked out on GCL

01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I'll chime in. Jagr loves the devils right now largely because we are so thin up front, that DeBoer has to play him 20 minutes a game.
A great reason to love the team. If I won 2 Stanley cups and was as accomplished as Jagr all that would matter would be the playing time/money ratio.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

I really have to watch it on TCN??? Noooooo

Old
01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I don't think I'm in the mood to listen to that troll Pierre. Sixer night for me fellas.
Watching the Sixers this year makes me want to shoot myself

Old
01-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:

Edit. No Doc and Pierre!
No TCN I take it, plus I don't think Pierre is calling the game tonight?

Old
01-07-2014, 06:33 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
Quote:

Edit. No Doc and Pierre!
Sunday night at the Rangers with be Emrick and Maguire.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:36 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

I think we sometimes forget to hate the Devils more than we do. Beat these *******s

Old
01-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
A great reason to love the team. If I won 2 Stanley cups and was as accomplished as Jagr all that would matter would be the playing time/money ratio.
I can't really fault him. He wants to play.

Closed Thread