HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread Part XI: New year...no trades.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Whats the latest and greatest on MDZ? Shark fan still wanting him..Whats it gonna take?

Tyler Kennedy
Freddie Hamilton
2014 1st or 2nd

Rangers get some secondary scoring and a player who can play top 9 and signed for another year at 2.3mil in Kennedy. Hamilton is a capable youngster who is slotted to be a 3C down the road with a 2way game. And a pick for good measure.

thoughts?
No manbearpigs allowed, sorry.

01-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Whats the latest and greatest on MDZ? Shark fan still wanting him..Whats it gonna take?

Tyler Kennedy
Freddie Hamilton
2014 1st or 2nd

Rangers get some secondary scoring and a player who can play top 9 and signed for another year at 2.3mil in Kennedy. Hamilton is a capable youngster who is slotted to be a 3C down the road with a 2way game. And a pick for good measure.

thoughts?
We're the best looking team in the league, and you offer us Tyler Kennedy?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I hate Stepan?

ROFL.
I don't understand.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
No you don't. But moving on.
no i do bc of the RFA/controllable asset.. but I see Kadri asking for more money and i think Brass wants a place to call home be part of the same team then be a joureyman, hence he wont ask for a lot of money.. they are very much the same type of play.. both feisty and skilled with the puck.. kadri prob shoots more tho.. Kadri also has a rough attitude, brass seems like he does what hes asked..

[/QUOTE]Does that describe Kadri just as much as Brassard?[/QUOTE]

i didnt mean that towards you, it just quoted what you said in the last post as well.. But BrianBoyle on that note.. I just meant kadri had a great year like stepan and brass was a ppg basically for us since the trade and playoffs.. so i was just saying you prob one of posters on the board that gives stepan **** for not uping his game this year.. not literally hating him haha

Old
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I don't understand.
Guy's saying I hate Stepan for some reason. I don't. Didn't even try and argue why I think Kadri is better than Brassard.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Gleason was held out of all team activities for Carolina, but he wasn't playing for them anyways.

Liles definitely took warmups in the Winter Classic though, and got traded during the game. Someone more resourceful than me could probably dig up a pic.
Perhaps I shall eat 50% crow.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Perhaps I shall eat 50% crow.
Okay, but you have to eat the eyeballs, butt, and feet.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i didnt mean that towards you, it just quoted what you said in the last post as well.. But BrianBoyle on that note.. I just meant kadri had a great year like stepan and brass was a ppg basically for us since the trade and playoffs.. so i was just saying you prob one of posters on the board that gives stepan **** for not uping his game this year.. not literally hating him haha
Stepan was a beast for most of the year, and Brass was great down the stretch but he's always been a notoriously inconsistent player. He looks nothing like he did last year. He overpasses the puck and is not that hard to shut down. He's about as average a player as you'll find. Good hands and a good skater, but not much else.

I don't even bring up Stepan because I don't feel like having people **** on him in more threads than they already do. He hasn't been as good as last year, but he's still been a valuable player to this team despite most people acting like he's awful.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Okay, but you have to eat the eyeballs, butt, and feet.
I think those were the ingredients for the desert round on chopped one episode.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Stepan was a beast for most of the year, and Brass was great down the stretch but he's always been a notoriously inconsistent player. He looks nothing like he did last year. He overpasses the puck and is not that hard to shut down. He's about as average a player as you'll find. Good hands and a good skater, but not much else.

I don't even bring up Stepan because I don't feel like having people **** on him in more threads than they already do. He hasn't been as good as last year, but he's still been a valuable player to this team despite most people acting like he's awful.
my bad, didn't mean it the way it sounded.. but I am the same way..

i think it would be best if brass isn't in future plans to definitely move him out with mdz if and only if g resigns and maximize the return..

Old
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

On Kadri vs. Brassard: I agree Kadri has a little more swagger and a little more scoring finish, but Brassard is bigger, quicker and a slicker puck distributer. Kadri had a nice lockout season, but we've also seen really nice stretches from Brassard as well - and in fact he's in the midst of one now. I see them as the same player with minor differences.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Gleason was held out of all team activities for Carolina, but he wasn't playing for them anyways.

Liles definitely took warmups in the Winter Classic though, and got traded during the game. Someone more resourceful than me could probably dig up a pic.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:

If Brassard was more consistant he would be lethal. Hated playing against him when he was a BJ. Has the tools to be a solid top 6 imo.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
If Brassard was more consistant he would be lethal. Hated playing against him when he was a BJ. Has the tools to be a solid top 6 imo.
IF, keyword, IF.

He never has, and at his age probably never will be. If CBJ thought so they wouldn't have moved him for 1 1/2 years of Gaborik.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:41 PM
slipknottin

Yakupov been playing pretty well as of late. Maybe he isn't getting moved. Shame. Would take him over Nash

Old
01-07-2014, 09:42 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
If Brassard had more than just good hands he could be beast. His skill set is massively overrated, IMO. His shot is barely good enough to break the 15 goal barrier.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
OverTheCap

I can tolerate offensive inconsistency if a player has another dimension to his game, but Brassard is as one-dimensional as they come. Awful defensively, not physically imposing, not a good forechecker. He's useless when he's not generating offense (which unfortunately happens too often for my liking).

Old
01-07-2014, 09:59 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I can tolerate offensive inconsistency if a player has another dimension to his game, but Brassard is as one-dimensional as they come. Awful defensively, not physically imposing, not a good forechecker. He's useless when he's not generating offense (which unfortunately happens too often for my liking).
Exactly. At least when someone like, Anisimov., was struggling offensively, he could PK and play well in a defensive role. Brassard can't do that.

Big reason why we suck defensively is our forwards are mostly on dimensional.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Mikos87

Kadri has shown more consistency throughout half a season last year, than Brassard has shown in any stretch throughout his entire career. He was terrible last night vs CBJ.

Whiffs or doesn't bury 4 prime shots, then stops skating, then loses his check on a goal.

All in a average night for Derrick Brassard.

Loser. PoS Loser.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Kadri has shown more consistency throughout half a season last year, than Brassard has shown in any stretch throughout his entire career. He was terrible last night vs CBJ.

Whiffs or doesn't bury 4 prime shots, then stops skating, then loses his check on a goal.

All in a average night for Derrick Brassard.

Loser. PoS Loser.
Can confirm.

Brassard made me facepalm several times yesterday.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:26 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Can confirm.

Brassard made me facepalm several times yesterday.
Brutal game by him. Had several opportunities to take a one timer in a prime scoring area and lost the chance by hesitating.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Mint
Only One King

Why the complete 180 on Brassard? I thought people were convinced he's a good 2C after being PPG in the playoffs and regular season.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:31 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Why the complete 180 on Brassard? I thought people were convinced he's a good 2C after being PPG in the playoffs and regular season.
There was a chance he was taking the next step at age 25 after being traded, but he has done nothing to capitalize on his good run since.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:34 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I'd love to go back 2 last season & see all of our reactions that

IMO, BY FAR

Our 2 best forwards are Kreider & Zucc

So funny how things change.

I'm recording Ducks game to see Vatanen. I love what I've heard.

Old
01-07-2014, 10:55 PM
rdhstlr23

After this week, I think it'll be time to start selling and accruing assets. The Flyers and Caps are leaving us in the dust. I don't see us getting a WC either.

Dan Girardi should be numero uno on our selling list.

Closed Thread