HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 04:37 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
lol, the euro cowboy shot!

Also, thank you.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:40 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Oh good God, we've drafted Roman Beckham.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
hockey diva

Me likey. A lot

Old
01-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

Hey Preds fans, I need some advice. I need another Goaltender in my fantasy pool and the only ones that play enough games to help me are your two current goalies and Ramo from the Flames. Who would you recomend picking up? Marazec or Hutton? Who's going to get more starts?

Old
01-04-2014, 10:49 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Kiwi View Post
Hey Preds fans, I need some advice. I need another Goaltender in my fantasy pool and the only ones that play enough games to help me are your two current goalies and Ramo from the Flames. Who would you recomend picking up? Marazec or Hutton? Who's going to get more starts?
Is going without a goalie going to kill you in your fantasy league? Honestly, Maz is getting more starts right now but that is subject to change at any second. Both of our guys are inconsistent with the capacity to string together a couple wins in a row (not more than three in a row so far this season) or lay a series of stinkers. Save percentages are statistically negligible, Maz with the slightly better GAA and two shutouts but if he gives up one goal, expect at least two since he hasn't allowed only one goal in any of his starts but Hutton has the better win percentage.

Pick either at your own risk.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Is going without a goalie going to kill you in your fantasy league? Honestly, Maz is getting more starts right now but that is subject to change at any second. Both of our guys are inconsistent with the capacity to string together a couple wins in a row (not more than three in a row so far this season) or lay a series of stinkers. Save percentages are statistically negligible, Maz with the slightly better GAA and two shutouts but if he gives up one goal, expect at least two since he hasn't allowed only one goal in any of his starts but Hutton has the better win percentage.

Pick either at your own risk.
I need one to make sure I reach my require starts (3) since Rinne is on my IR and Jones is about to be sent down to Manchester. Thanks for the insight, other opinions welcome. I think I might just flip a coin..

Old
01-05-2014, 03:49 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Kiwi View Post
honestly, watch tonights game. If Hutton gives up less than 3 goals, he will have the net Tuesday. If he allows ore, Maz will

Old
01-07-2014, 04:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

All the Nichushkin haters still think he's garbage?

Old
01-07-2014, 05:48 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Lol. I'd still rather have Jones long term but your point is duly noted.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I don't think it was said that he was garbage, only that he was Russian and that they were scared to take him for that reason.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I don't think it was said that he was garbage, only that he was Russian and that they were scared to take him for that reason.
Nope. It went way beyond that. He was lazy garbage and wouldn't make it in the NHL.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
PFL615

Let's see where he is in 3-4 years before you start puffing your chest out.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Don't get the point.. Would he be the same on this team? Would we should not of picked jones? This comin from a Nichushkin supporter. He wasn really an option for us at 4 with jones there so how he pans out now is moot. Good or bad.

Old
01-07-2014, 11:26 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
I like Jones but I would like to know what Poile was offered for the pick once it was evident that jones was available. The way our offense looks, if Edmonton or philly had ofered a top 6 forward and then we could have added Nichuskin.... I think I might have taken that gamble

Old
01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
hockey diva

Nichushkin is also playing with more talented line mates in Dallas. Also, if he is not defensively responsible, he would have been on a plane to the KHL in a month due to Trotz's handling.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:22 AM
geoo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Nichushkin is also playing with more talented line mates in Dallas. Also, if he is not defensively responsible, he would have been on a plane to the KHL in a month due to Trotz's handling.
.sdfs

Last edited by geoo9: 01-08-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old
01-08-2014, 08:57 AM
PFL615

Coffee with a coach Highlights:

-Trotz said this team playing with more detail and structure than any team he has coached in Nashville.

-Trotz said goals are coming way to easy for other teams.

-Asked about Carolina game. Trotz said he should of handled his frustration better.

-Trotz said Horny is bar none the best net presence player in the NHL and went into his strong comments about not agreeing with him being snubbed.

-Trotz said they haven't determined whether FF will be in Nashville or Milwaukee.
Decision should be made while he is in Nashville this week.
From dialog after it sounds like Milwaukee unless he is needed for recent injury issues.

Old
01-08-2014, 09:02 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Coffee with a coach Highlights:

-Trotz said this team playing with more detail and structure than any team he has coached in Nashville.

-Trotz said goals are coming way to easy for other teams.

-Asked about Carolina game. Trotz said he should of handled his frustration better.

-Trotz said Horny is bar none the best net presence player in the NHL and went into his strong comments about not agreeing with him being snubbed.

-Trotz said they haven't determined whether FF will be in Nashville or Milwaukee.
Decision should be made while he is in Nashville this week.
From dialog after it sounds like Milwaukee unless he is needed for recent injury issues.
Thank you for the highlights.

-Points 1 and 2 don't seem to mesh
-Carolina...yeah. Most agree that Hutton is far from the answer in goal, but solely blaming him for the loss after only scoring 1 goal is absurd.
-Horny is awesome and one of my favorite players, but after seeing the roster, I'm not sure he was totally snubbed.
-Personally, I'd like to see FF in Milwaukee for most of this season. Once he can get used to the speed and ice size here, he's going to be great.

Old
01-08-2014, 09:38 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Thank you for the highlights.

-Points 1 and 2 don't seem to mesh
-Carolina...yeah. Most agree that Hutton is far from the answer in goal, but solely blaming him for the loss after only scoring 1 goal is absurd.
-Horny is awesome and one of my favorite players, but after seeing the roster, I'm not sure he was totally snubbed.
-Personally, I'd like to see FF in Milwaukee for most of this season. Once he can get used to the speed and ice size here, he's going to be great.
I thought the same about point 1 and 2 but he thinks it is the goalies who are letting the easy goals happen. If that was Smith standing there with his stick in both hands looking lost on Skinners 2nd goal instead of Legwand he would have been riding pine last night and he would be complaining about "lack of details"

Old
01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
Don't get the point.. Would he be the same on this team? Would we should not of picked jones? This comin from a Nichushkin supporter. He wasn really an option for us at 4 with jones there so how he pans out now is moot. Good or bad.
No where did I say we should have taken him over Jones, no where.

My point is, some of the arm chair, some of the posters on here read a report and think they can tell you everything about a prospect to the point of bashing him, posters on this board need to watch a prospect before they bash him on ends and youtube highlights never tell the entire story....

Old
01-08-2014, 10:38 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
No where did I say we should have taken him over Jones, no where.

My point is, some of the arm chair, some of the posters on here read a report and think they can tell you everything about a prospect to the point of bashing him, posters on this board need to watch a prospect before they bash him on ends and youtube highlights never tell the entire story....
I understand your point, but isn't half a season a little early to pull the "I told you so" card?

Old
01-08-2014, 10:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I understand your point, but isn't half a season a little early to pull the "I told you so" card?
Not if he was half of what they claimed he would be. Do I need to pull the quotes?

Old
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Not if he was half of what they claimed he would be. Do I need to pull the quotes?
I capable of doing that if needed. Point is, it's been 42 games. No doubt he's been good so far, but....42 games.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe I was just referring to the one that projected him to be a 10 point player this year.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM
pricer502

Blues fan here, Didn't see the game last night, but I was looking at the Box score and saw Hornquist only played 9 minutes last night. Did he get injured? Surely it wasn't a line demotion because he has been playing very well lately. Any update would be appreciated.

Closed Thread