HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Schrodinger puts Corvo on waivers, what is the result?

Old
01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Weircoich and Gryba both deserve the minutes over Corvo.

Corvo was an insurance policy that really serves little purpose given the emergence of Ceci.
Agreed. I was hoping that BM would be able to trade Corvo for a late round pick as he did Auld & a few others no one here thought he could move. I would think that either a team with injuries on defence (Boston) or a team looking for depth might want him. I don't see why a team out of the playoff picture would want him when they would probably want to give their own prospects a look. But if BM can't get a late round pick for Corvo than he should place him on waivers, he could always call him back up if he is needed in Ottawa. I would much rather have Gryba playing than Corvo.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Ottawa Hockey Fan

I am a huge fan of Weircioch and not really a fan of Corvo's so I hate seeing Corvo get games instead but I do not see a problem with keeping Corvo around. I think that come playoff time as much as I want to see Weircioch develop, if Corvo is outplaying him and giving us the best chance to win then I want Corvo in the line-up

Ottawa Hockey Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Wiercioch is not really losing any games because of Corvo since Corvo plays the right side. They've tried to play Wiercioch on that side to make the competition more between Corvo / Gryba and him but he has trouble playing there. They also tried Phillips and Methot on the right to open a spot for Wiercioch on the left but neither did very well there either. That's why right handed Ceci ended up here. Wiercioch is competing for ice time with Methot, Phillips and Cowen and they won't sit any of those 3 except for injuries. MacLean has the option to take Corvo and Gryba out when all the D are healthy but the team is weaker when they flip any of the left D to the right.

Even when you remove Corvo from the equation it still doesn't open much of a door for Wiercioch but it might do so for Gryba and Ceci. Next year you can add Borocop to the left side mix so it won't get easier for him unless they trade 1 left D away or don't re-sign Phillips. Then the competition would be between Borocop and Wiercioch for ice time in the 3rd pairing.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Canuckman44

Remember between Corvo and Gryba it cost less than Cowen. No sense sending then down for financial reasons. It's just development that is being hindered and the fact thatCorvo is on the ice for about 2 more goals differential against per game/ 60 min

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Corvo is just a stop gap. We have to have a mix of Veterans & Rookies, so he is still in the mix. Don't worry, he will be gone before you know it.

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 07:54 PM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
On a scale of 1-100 how high were you when you wrote this?

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:03 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinglocker View Post
Flat out wrong. When Boro was up for his 13 games, he wasn't a healthy scratch once. Corvo, Gryba and Wiercioch were all being rotated through the 6th spot. Only reason Boro is in Bingo is because he is waiver exempt. Will be interesting next year when Boro is on a one-way, has to go through waivers and could potentially be a Group VI free agent at the end of that season if he doesn't play in 50+ games. If there's expansion, I could see you guys having trouble protecting him in a draft. You will need Boro on the team for the playoffs. One of the few true warriors you have in your system.
I find people are in love with Boro more because he is a badass then because he is a good hockey player. Our biggest issue this year has been getting the puck out of our own damn end. Corvo is much better at that then Boro or Gryba.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 09:56 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

[QUOTE=SilverSeven;77561567]I find people are in love with Boro more because he is a badass then because he is a good hockey player. Our biggest issue this year has been getting the puck out of our own damn end. Corvo is much better at that then Boro or Gryba.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with that, I think Corvo may be the better skater & puck handler of the three but he makes so many mistakes on defence & screws up plays trying to get the puck out of our own end way too often. I think both Boro & Gryba play a much safer game & make the easy play to get it out, I much prefer either of them to Corvo. I wish they would just trade him or waive him & get it over with, Ottawa doesn't need him.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 10:15 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
I would say Gryba and Boro are both better then Corvo right now, they both play a simpler game that will hurt our team on the backend less. Wiercioch has the brighter future, but as to his on ice play I would say it may be worse then Corvo at this exact moment. That being said if we can get some confidence behind Wiercioch then his play should improve to better then Corvo quickly enough.
Gryba and Boro are penalty machines, and they can't move the puck nearly as well as Corvo. They're better on the PK but outside of that they're not that great and fairly easily replaced.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote