HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Eklund's "Subscription"

Old
01-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Kostitsyn404*

vCash: 500
OT-Eklund's "Subscription"

Hi. I was wondering if anybody actually pays the 20$ a month for Eklund's insiders section. If so, is it good? Why does Eklund remain anonymous after all this time if he's telling the truth? Everything Spector said on his site makes sense, he must have connections on the inside but what does hiding his identity do other then make him look like a fraud. (Not saying he is one, just saying that many of his rumours are outrageous and keeping yourself anoymous doesn't exactly gain anybodies trust).

Also wanted to know if Eklund actually posts here?

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Ya, he posts here. Under the name of Eklund of all things.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:47 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Bob McKenzie has vouched for him so that's good enough for me.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 09:03 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Who is seriously retarded enough to pay those 20$ ?

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 09:06 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Who is seriously retarded enough to pay those 20$ ?
I paid $10 last year because it gave live stats in the fantasy league. They changed the rules this year so I opted out.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:43 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Well you can pay the ESPN Insider fee (which is like $50 annually) and they report Eklund rumours. So if you really want his inside information, but a day or two removed, that's a better deal.

01-22-2007, 11:19 AM
StanAjax

And if you don't care too much about the deals that could have happened but did not happen, you just wait for the real trades to be completed and reported in the other media.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
And if you don't care too much about the deals that could have happened but did not happen, you just wait for the real trades to be completed and reported in the other media.
Bingo !

Why pay for rumors that are 98% false, 1% coming from remote insiders like Rejean Houle who probably didn't understand a staff member was making fun of him with a made up rumor, or a russian player trying to promote himself.... and the remaining a true chunk of 1% about being out the door in public within a day.

For those still interested in throwing $20 out the door, please send my way. I can fabricate a few rumors a day that have more chances to happen than Eklund's melting pot of ridiculous rumors, just by looking at the dynamic of each teams. For instance, I said more than a year ahead of time that Zednik and Bulis would be out the door in the following calendar year. Beside, most of us can come up with better rumors than his.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 05:10 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Bingo !

Why pay for rumors that are 98% false, 1% coming from remote insiders like Rejean Houle who probably didn't understand a staff member was making fun of him with a made up rumor, or a russian player trying to promote himself.... and the remaining a true chunk of 1% about being out the door in public within a day.

For those still interested in throwing $20 out the door, please send my way. I can fabricate a few rumors a day that have more chances to happen than Eklund's melting pot of ridiculous rumors, just by looking at the dynamic of each teams. For instance, I said more than a year ahead of time that Zednik and Bulis would be out the door in the following calendar year. Beside, most of us can come up with better rumors than his.

how are they false
Gainey calls philly "hey what am I looking at to get forsberg" guy replys "higgins+..." bob replys "cool, well work something out"

euklund "some calls out of montreal to see forsberg availability

OMG EUKLUND IS A TOTAL LIAR

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
antidot

It's crazy how people don't understand what is a trade rumour , what is a trade and what is a talk about a trade .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:29 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Bob McKenzie has vouched for him so that's good enough for me.
bob mckenzie did not vouch for him, where is it?

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
He did, check his posting history.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
On this site, check his post history. He talks about meeting with Eklund in the press box last year during the playoffs.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

There's a few sites that does the same thing about professional wrestling. You heard that right, it's actually a good business, where people pay a certain amount each month where the owner of the site gives you latest rumours. But it's not only that, it's in-depth analysis about the state of wrestling, what needs to be improved on and these guys have stronger contacts than guys like Ecklund. They usualy have many contacts from wrestlers to officials who makes no bones about saying pretty shocking things off the record and it tells a great story of why promotions use that guy or that guy. Why they want to make another a star rather than another.

It would be great if there was something like that in hockey and other sports.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Habs

Seems like a silly investment for a rumour/gossip site. I rank Eklund alongside Al Strachan, regarding any truth to the rumours.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
how are they false
Gainey calls philly "hey what am I looking at to get forsberg" guy replys "higgins+..." bob replys "cool, well work something out"

The argument here is that Eklund could be totally making up these exchanges and you're paying $20 for it. Personally I don't think he would be, but I don't feel like throwing my twenty clams into the great unknown so I don't subscribe. I also like to take the "wait another day until the rumor becomes common knowledge" approach that was mentioned.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Pere Noel

Quote:
how are they false

Wait a sec... that's not what we are talking about.

A) Of course Montreal calls Philadelphia from time to time

B) Some of those rumors are so out of whack, that it gives little credibility to the "Possible" one. So say you claim that Montreal phoned phildalphia and let people believe you are in the know... is a lie on its own.

C) Anyway, what we are really talking about is stuff like this:

To Mtl: Ryan Smyth and Brian Rafalski

To NJ: Michael Ryder, Jarret Stoll, Mtl 2nd and Edm 3rd

To EDM: Brian Gionta and Andrei Markov
Where the hell did he get that stuff ?

Do you sincerely believe he got a serious individual in the know, call him to let him know that such a hilarious trade was in the work?

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 01:31 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Wait a sec... that's not what we are talking about.

A) Of course Montreal calls Philadelphia from time to time

B) Some of those rumors are so out of whack, that it gives little credibility to the "Possible" one. So say you claim that Montreal phoned phildalphia and let people believe you are in the know... is a lie on its own.

C) Anyway, what we are really talking about is stuff like this:

To Mtl: Ryan Smyth and Brian Rafalski

To NJ: Michael Ryder, Jarret Stoll, Mtl 2nd and Edm 3rd

To EDM: Brian Gionta and Andrei Markov
Where the hell did he get that stuff ?

Do you sincerely believe he got a serious individual in the know, call him to let him know that such a hilarious trade was in the work?
you take words too much for granted, trade in the works could of meant a gm proposed it

do i think he making **** up, not really, if people like mckenzie have his back. Do the people he talk to lie to him, who knows. It's all "I don't know answers"

but really, you think he would dedicate his life to LYING to you, omg this sucker is going to pay me 20$ a month to lie to him, ya real likely.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 06:01 AM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I paid $10 last year because it gave live stats in the fantasy league. They changed the rules this year so I opted out.

Yet we're having problems at McKeen's getting people to pay $10 monthly for a classy draft magazine full of facts and reports...folks would much rather pay $10 a month to get fed a bunch of malarkey I guess.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 08:28 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
you take words too much for granted, trade in the works could of meant a gm proposed it
Last time I checked, Peanut, Milbury and Keenan weren't NHL GM's anymore.

Seriously, I don't doubt Eklund's sincerity. But not shooting the messenger doesn't mean you have to take what he's reporting for granted.

Take the Rivet + Samsonov in the stands night for example. I can imagine some random member of the Habs organization, being aware that both players were scratched, wondering if they had been dealt. The rumour spreads out of the Bell Centre, when it was only a Carbo decision.

And that will be like that for 90% of the trade rumours, as NHL GM's have no interest in letting rumours being spread. With Gainey, the percentage is even up to 99,99%. And I have no interest with rumours not involving the Habs.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 09:11 AM
znk

Quote:
He did...not 100% but he did on this forum.

Old
01-23-2007, 09:15 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Yet we're having problems at McKeen's getting people to pay $10 monthly for a classy draft magazine full of facts and reports...folks would much rather pay $10 a month to get fed a bunch of malarkey I guess.
It was 10$ for the year....and it ment I could win a prize in the pool and that I had real time stats. This pool was the best I ever played but sadly they changed the rules this year so I didnt play again. I finished 4th just out of the prizes. Yes that 10$ gave me extra stuff like access to his chat and restricted areas in the forum but that's not what I paid for. I dont know how you concluded I was paying $10 per month for malarkey by reading my previous post.