HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

New Jersey claims Alexander Urbom

Old
01-08-2014, 03:54 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
After Jacob Josefsson somehow came down with an injury while being a healthy scratch and moved to IR, today New Jersey claimed Alexander Urbom off waivers from Washington, who originally claimed him off the Devils earlier in the season.
Quote:
I'm baffled that no one has ordered in investigation into Lou's magical Injured Reserve over the past few years? I've never seen a team come down with miraculous "injuries" in order to get guys onto Injured Reserve so as to fit under Roster Deadlines/make acquisitions before. Even the Devils fans joke about it, so obviously people have noticed.
Josefson came down with a stomach virus that has been ripping through the entire state of New Jersey since mid-December. My mother had it around Christmas and couldn't get out of bed.

Not sure why you're suggesting the shadyness of it. If Josefson didn't get sick, Lou would have sent down Gelinas, Merrill, Boucher, or one of the other waiver-exempt players on paper to make room for Urbom, send him directly to Albany, and re-call the waived player tomorrow.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Lol picked up a virus from the press box? This whole situation is hysterical.
Are you suggesting the only human beings that can pick up stomach viruses are those that regularly see the ice in the NHL? Unbelievable.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 04:12 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Lou has his fault like every GM but he's nowhere bear as bad as some make him out to be.

Cup run two years ago? Fire him! Seriously going on in our forum.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 04:45 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Lol wow, has this ever happened before? Where a player was lost to waivers and then the same team that put him on waivers claims him the next time hes on waivers?
It may have happened with Steve MacIntyre. Can't remember 100% though.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
I'm baffled that no one has ordered in investigation into Lou's magical Injured Reserve over the past few years? I've never seen a team come down with miraculous "injuries" in order to get guys onto Injured Reserve so as to fit under Roster Deadlines/make acquisitions before. Even the Devils fans joke about it, so obviously people have noticed.
Clearly you haven't noticed how the Canucks do business Mike Gillis is notorious for this. We did this all of the 10/11 season, I think we were about 4mil over the cap in the playoffs.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 05:42 PM
JCLiponfanboy*

Quote:
Lol wow, has this ever happened before? Where a player was lost to waivers and then the same team that put him on waivers claims him the next time hes on waivers?
Adam hall was picked up on waivers and then the team that picked him up traded him back, that's the closest I can think of

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
RSeen

Boychuk was put on waivers by CAR, picked up by PIT, then put back on waivers and picked up by CAR if I remember correctly.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 06:08 PM
KovalSNIPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
Boychuk was put on waivers by CAR, picked up by PIT, then put back on waivers and picked up by CAR if I remember correctly.
Nope. CAR to PIT to NSH then back to CAR

KovalSNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Primetime247

Quote:
Zack Boychuk with Carolina last year carolina put him on the pens claimed him then they waved him then Nashville I believed picked him up then they waved him and Carolina took him back

Primetime247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Bahah gold! this is like the time when the yotes picked up that forward form the jets.

01-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:
Chris Bourque.

The Pens claimed him off of waivers from the Caps, then Washington reclaimed him when the Pens tried to send him to WBS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Lou has lost it . Hes going Senile

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Lamoriello on whether he's trying to add a scorer: “There’s not something would you never not do to make the team better."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Lamoriello on adding scorer: "If you can somebody you can drive in here, let me know because I’ll be the passenger as well as the driver.”
What the hell is he talking about? It's like his quotes were originally in a foreign language and then they were run through google translate.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:19 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I dont want to get into this but there were plenty of other teams that gave out similar deals to the Kovalchuk deal yet nothing was done to them.
Agreed. I'm not a Devils fan, but I'm pissed off that they have to forfeit a pick.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
well we get to put him back in Albany as planned so fair enough.
Since when can waiver claims be sent down to the AHL without going through waivers?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Since when can waiver claims be sent down to the AHL without going through waivers?
When that player was on the team prior to this and no other team has put in a claim on him

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

It's a shame to see him go. He's got good tools to be a bottom pair guy. Just no room for him right now, similar reason he was lost by NJ earlier.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:55 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
When that player was on the team prior to this and no other team has put in a claim on him
Has that always been the case? I was always under the impression that a player claimed on waivers had to go on the NHL roster or be exposed to waivers upon demotion.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:11 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Damn, don't want to see him in NJ

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime247 View Post
Zack Boychuk with Carolina last year carolina put him on the pens claimed him then they waved him then Nashville I believed picked him up then they waved him and Carolina took him back
Correct, but the Canes DID have to put him on Waivers AFTER they got him back from NSH to send him to Charlotte even though we heard the Canes were the only team that claimed him (but that might be hearsay).

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/3/2...ina-hurricanes

I think it has to do with time on an NHL roster and/or games played that required Boychuk to go through waivers again? or maybe because he went from Car-->Pitt-->NSH-->CAR that the Canes were no longer the "original owning club"?

Not sure why, but I do know that he did not get a free pass to the AHL and did have to be waived again.

Boom Boom Aho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

Quote:
Here is the direct wording in the CBA:

Quote:
13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

Boom Boom Aho is online now   Reply With Quote