HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the Flyers 3-1

Old
01-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Habsoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
This donkey has to go and is MB doesn't do it soon, he needs to as well.

It's pretty obvious he has lost the team.

I can only imagine what Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Bournival think of this guy. Subban just gets beat down while Pleks plays with scrubs.

There is no way these guys can feel their coach is doing the best for them.

Maybe it's good Tinordi, Beaulieu are in the minors and away from this idiot
My thoughts exactly but MB will probably trade them for shorter better character guys before they see Montreal again! Sigh

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:59 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Therrien is screwing up so badly that SouthernHab and I agree, not just in general, but down to the freakin letter.
I generally agree, but with the caveat that dumping and chasing isn't too hot a strategy for big teams either, especially if they don't have speed. Frankly I think speed is more important than size (gotta get to that puck in time, or it's passed away before you can do any good).

But dump-and-chase is suboptimal for everyone and should be kept as a last resort no matter how your team is built.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Bloumeister
Michel t'es rien

BRACE YOURSELVES

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:27 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
BRACE YOURSELVES

loll

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:47 AM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloumeister View Post
brace yourselves

lol!

MDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Varlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
In this case it was Ok MT did not pull Budaj, imo.

The team effort was inconsistent and he sent them a message. No prob.
In this case the only message I would perceive is that the coach has no faith, and no point trying to win the game.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Miller Time

MT is an embarrassment.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:16 AM
FinnHab

Therrien aint gonna get canned until we are out of playoffs. But sneaking to play offs and kicked out 1st round..same old shi** again...

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Therrien aint gonna get canned until we are out of playoffs. But sneaking to play offs and kicked out 1st round..same old shi** again...
Carboneau got dumped in 2009 when they were still in the playoffs just after a season they finished 1st in the conference in the regular season so I wouldn't write it off the possiblity.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:53 AM
S Bah

The Toronto Sports Network are having a field day taking apart the Habs play tonight and well deserved with the effort put forth by most of the players. This is only the beginning of a slide IMO, the Habs will miss Galchenyuk's 15 mins a night in a huge way IMHO. The Habs have 14 games before the Olympic break, without Galchenyuk, and the NYI's are 16 pts back is it possible Tavares can lead them into a playoff spot?

Last edited by S Bah: 01-09-2014 at 02:02 AM.
S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:51 AM
Kenny Powders

vCash: 1000
Heartstone is so fun. Didnt even watch the game yesterday and I feel ****ing good about it. As long as Therrien is coaching this team they will lose more and more fans.

Absolute trash of a coach.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Galchenyuk is one of the only forwards that can really generate 5-5 offence so missing him is huge and the PP has become a one-trick pony, cover the points tight and you'll do ok cause there's barely any work down low or real net presence

Fire MT if you want but with this roster not much will change especially come playoffs

Need a half dozen changes to become a serious contender - upgrade Gionta, Briere, Bourque, White, Boullion & Murray

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:28 AM
poetryinmotion

How to outcoach yourself 101 Subban shows life and gets benched **** this clown.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 01-09-2014 at 05:42 AM.
poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:50 AM
IceDaddy
#MeltdownforMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
BRACE YOURSELVES

god he is the last guy they need. I would hate to see all the young guys stuck playing his trap style.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
That was one pathetic effort last night. Really no excuse for that type of performance.

Something starting to stink with this team...

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:16 AM
drivefor25

Speeches like eating at McDonalds must be doing the trick....players tuning out this clown is in full force now.

drivefor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:51 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
god he is the last guy they need. I would hate to see all the young guys stuck playing his trap style.....
That team was one game away from the Cup Finals.

And the young guys that played for him in Hamilton turned out perfectly fine.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That team was one game away from the Cup Finals.

And the young guys that played for him in Hamilton turned out perfectly fine.
All this talk about Guy Boucher (in the 16 pages of this thread) is making me more and more a Bouliever. I just hope we get away from this dump-chase and defense-minded game we're playing.

Oh, and about this game, the players didn't show up and the coach is losing his team. Too much preferential treatment for vets and weird coaching decisions. I've never felt like this, but I'm tuning out of Habs hockey. What is there to enjoy really, besides Price becoming a solid #1 and Subban growing into a top-5 defenseman? Playoffs? The playoffs? Useless, and wounding our team for the future.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
MT is an embarrassment.
How is MT an embarassment?

It's the players that failed to show up and give an effort. You are are way too obsessed with coaching. At the end of the day this is NHL hockey, the guys need to show up to the rink in a frame of mind to put in a good effort, last night most of the team mailed it in. Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Eller Bourque were among our worst players when most of those guys should be among our best.

Firing a coach because the players are not putting in an effort is a bad idea...what are you gonna do in 12 months when the team ***** the bed for Boucher? Fire him?

I don't think MT is a great coach, but last night had nothing to do with him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:27 AM
BigDaddyLurch
#NukeDaFoxhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

It's the players that failed to show up and give an effort. You are are way too obsessed with coaching. At the end of the day this is NHL hockey, the guys need to show up to the rink in a frame of mind to put in a good effort, last night most of the team mailed it in. Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Eller Bourque were among our worst players when most of those guys should be among our best.

Firing a coach because the players are not putting in an effort is a bad idea...what are you gonna do in 12 months when the team ***** the bed for Boucher? Fire him?

...you are seriously blinded by your rose coloured glasses, my friend...Subban, while he did take that stupid penalty (which should have been BOTH players going to the box, as what Couturier got away with before Subbie popped him was horseshyte), was one of the only guys to show up last night and push the play over and over...and how does our great strategist reply to his hustle and emotion??...benches him for half the period and throws him under the bus after the game...and what about No-Show Bourque??...he continues to put him out PP after PP, shift after shift...Momentum-Killer El Capitane??...same thing, continue to put him out PP after PP even though he does nothing but cough it up...so he finally puts Lars on a PP & Lars creates some chances, for freakin' CUBE no less...how does St. Michel respond??...next PP, DD-Patches-Gally & Pleky-Gio-Briere; no Larry...surprise, surprise, surprise...and what about Emelin, you know, our LHD that just got back from major knee surgery that Oh Holy Michel continues to put out on his WRONG SIDE, even though he's clearly struggled with it since he's come back...and I could go on, but why bother; I'm not going to change your opinion here, despite the growing evidence that Therrien is losing the room and is being outcoached on a pretty regular basis by pretty much every mook in the NHL...I'm actually very sad that this is all you expect out of the Habs now, mediocrity...very sad, indeed...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

So when you see Micheal Therrien's SYSTEM and how his 2014 Montreal Canadiens are scoring 2.49 goals a game on pace to score 200 goals in 82 games..28-29th in 5 on 5 scoring .....All this with a healthy roster......not his fault?

How is it Jacques Martin's SYSTEM has his team score 207 goals a year avg 2.52 goals a game.....finish 20-30th in 5 on 5 goals scored...BUT not the coaches FAULT?

BECAUSE NO TEAM IN LAST 15 YEARS has won a cup scoring 2.42-2.5 goals a game ..One team in last 15 years has won a cup with a 5 on 5 scoring rank of over 19th place.

This system is proven as a fail.....yet we're using it .

21 games this year Habs have scored 2 goals or less....
Fact is this Price is holding up this sinking ship ,failed system.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
How to outcoach yourself 101 Subban shows life and gets benched **** this clown.
Shows life?

He punched a guy in a scrum like 15 seconds after it started, probably the dumbest penality I have seen all year.

I love Subban, but that was not his brightest moment.

Old
01-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Beendair Donedat

Bouillon has had 11 ****ing power play points since 2005, and 3 total on the year.... He's averaged 1:39 and 1:28 of ice time on the power play per game in the past two seasons....

Token French guys don't give you results.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Shows life?

He punched a guy in a scrum like 15 seconds after it started, probably the dumbest penality I have seen all year.

I love Subban, but that was not his brightest moment.
Indeed, he should be like the grinding Habs and sit back to protect the 2 goal deficit with a 5 shots 3rd period instead of trying to stir something up and perhaps change the game's pace.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
So when you see Micheal Therrien's SYSTEM and how his 2014 Montreal Canadiens are scoring 2.49 goals a game on pace to score 200 goals in 82 games..28-29th in 5 on 5 scoring .....All this with a healthy roster......not his fault?

How is it Jacques Martin's SYSTEM has his team score 207 goals a year avg 2.52 goals a game.....finish 20-30th in 5 on 5 goals scored...BUT not the coaches FAULT?

BECAUSE NO TEAM IN LAST 15 YEARS has won a cup scoring 2.42-2.5 goals a game ..

This system is proven as a fail.....yet we're using it .

21 games this year Habs have scored 2 goals or less....

Systems don't score goals, players do.

New Jersey had one of the most boring styles in the history of hockey and their cup year they were among the top scoring teams. In 05-06 Gionta scored 48 goals and 89 moints!

Blaming the "system" for guys like Bourque Gionta Eller Briere Bournival Gallagher not producing is moronic.

Boston plays a defensive boring style and they are scoring. The Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year and were 3rd in the NHL in scoring. Now suddenly the system doesn't work?