HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the Flyers 3-1

Old
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Why did they start Budaj? There's no back to back, and Philly is a hot team. Team has no confidence in him and were playing scared. That's what happens in hockey when you feel any shot can go in. The 2 soft first period goals completely deflated the team.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I have no issues with people making comments and critics but this thread is 90% garabge. It's the "how much **** can I make up about Therrien to justify firing him" thread.

Emelin is not a bad puckhandler and I have no issue putting him instead of Bouillon, but in the grand scheme of things that has little to no impact on the games. If Emelin is better it's only marginal. In the short term Emelin needs to focus on being better defensively and 5 on 5, we need him A LOT more for that than the PP.

What cost us the game last night was not the PP, it's that out of our best players, all but Plekanec were complete crap...Subban Markov Pacioretty, Eller took a dumb penality and scored in his own net.
I think you are suggesting taking dumb penalties with no goals goals conceded cost the game and downplaying the PP's role to strengthen your defense for the coaching staff having Boullion there...The Habs are a 29th place 5 on 5 team and heavily rely on the PP for offense. Not getting a PP goal definitely had a big role in the Habs losing. No one is saying swapping Boullion for Emelin will have a big impact on the team. However, I don't think pointing this out is a valid response to disagree with opinions. I'm opposed to the opinion of not bothering change things because "in the grand scheme of things" it wouldn't have a big impact on the games. Just like improving team size or better allocation of icetime and linemates, in the grand scheme of things, many small improvements build up and can make a noticeable difference. A lot easier/realistic than thinking, for example, all we need is another elite player like Kane/Toews/Duchene/Tavares/Stamkos/etc etc to be added to the lineup. That would definitely positively impact the Habs in a big way...but not going to happen barring miracle in draft striking gold: Subban/Giroux/Benn/Karlsson/etc or getting another lottery pick (which I guess is possible).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:16 AM
SnapVirus

vCash: 500
Moctonscout loves to be alone in his boat.

Dude cant you see that a coach job is to get the best out of his players? Name me one player whos better this year the last year?

And dont say Price. Waite is his coach not Cartoon dinosaur Therrien.

He sucks.

SnapVirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Why did they start Budaj? There's no back to back, and Philly is a hot team. Team has no confidence in him and were playing scared. That's what happens in hockey when you feel any shot can go in. The 2 soft first period goals completely deflated the team.
Price got a minor groin injury.....which i hope doesn't escalate.
Price goes 2.60 gaa....down we go like a house of cards.
All about Price when your scoring 2.49 a game...
21 of your 45 games, you scored 2 goals or less,great support.

Last year Jan 18 he had a groin injury....This year Jan 8th

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-09-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
QuickWrister

MB and MT are really starting to get on my nerves.

MB for doing too little and MT for doing too much.

The East is wide open. We have a goalie, the best d tandem in the league and a 'deep' roster. The elements are there. They know what's missing.

Galchenyuk is hurt for 6 weeks.

We have assets in picks/prospects and skaters (briere, bourque)

It's probably too much to ask that MT be told to leave, but why is MB too afraid to pull the trigger? ugh

QuickWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Quote:
Price had a minor groin injury and needed the night off. Of course you want your starter in there ideally, but that factor didn't cost us the game by any means.

01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
sampollock

what a display of boys playing with men...

out skated, out hit, sad

love that MB, love the fact we are so small

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:30 AM
habs1990
Rookie User

Quote:
I Completely agree. I think that it will only get worse from now to the end of the year. I also believe that the players are more and more losing confidence with Therrien.

THerrien benching Subban the teams best player shows the other players that the coach is more concerned about his own ego rather than the team trying to win the game. As well, i found that leaving Budaj on the bench was the wrong thing to do because it telling the team that Therrien doesnt have confidence in his players to try to score with an extra man.

Overall i was extremely disappointed about how the team played and as much as the blame should go to the players for not having a intensity a lot of the blame also should be going to Therrien and the coaching staff who were not able to get the team ready for this game.

Bergevin should really consider making a trade to shake up this team or we will constantly be seeing this kind of performance the rest of the year

habs1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:32 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWrister View Post
MB and MT are really starting to get on my nerves.

MB for doing too little and MT for doing too much.

The East is wide open. We have a goalie, the best d tandem in the league and a 'deep' roster. The elements are there. They know what's missing.

Galchenyuk is hurt for 6 weeks.

We have assets in picks/prospects and skaters (briere, bourque)

It's probably too much to ask that MT be told to leave, but why is MB too afraid to pull the trigger? ugh

After Markov, Subban, Gorges and Diaz, the Habs' D is pathetic. Emelin can't handle RD, Bouillon should retire and Murray should've retired 2 years ago.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Tuggy

I'm still baffled why they didn't call up a forward to replace Galchenyuk. Is Hamilton that bad that there is not an offensive player to recall?

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
What happened to Holmgren being the worst GM in the league and the Flyers being absolutely terrible? 5 points back of us with a game in hand.
It's cause most Hab fans are mesmerized by the team every October and November and act like the playoffs never happened. We win 5 games in a row and right away there is 10 threads about how we are 'contenders', how Markov is underrated, how size doesn't matter because we are fast and all kinds of other deluded garbage. People assume our level is the way we played in October and November and that we are somehow gonna get back to that with a few tweeks here and there. Our level is what we showed in the playoffs, that's our standard and that's our real team. Some people here act so superior and like making fun of Sens, Flyers and Leafs, meanwhile they would all beat the Habs in a playoff series I have no doubt in my mind. Only thing to do is wait for change to happen, wait for prospects to replace the garbage we have and wait for the GM to do his thing. So no need to be surprised they are playing like this, this is their identity.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:39 AM
QuickWrister

How many goals will the Blackhawks score on Saturday?

Poor Carey Price will be under the bus all day Sunday from the Canadian Olympic team crowd.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:42 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm still baffled why they didn't call up a forward to replace Galchenyuk. Is Hamilton that bad that there is not an offensive player to recall?
Yes they are. The organization lacks depth everywhere. Pretty pathetic.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
It's cause most Hab fans are mesmerized by the team every October and November and act like the playoffs never happened. We win 5 games in a row and right away there is 10 threads about how we are 'contenders', how Markov is underrated, how size doesn't matter because we are fast and all kinds of other deluded garbage. People assume our level is the way we played in October and November and that we are somehow gonna get back to that with a few tweeks here and there. Our level is what we showed in the playoffs, that's our standard and that's our real team. Some people here act so superior and like making fun of Sens, Flyers and Leafs, meanwhile they would all beat the Habs in a playoff series I have no doubt in my mind. Only thing to do is wait for change to happen, wait for prospects to replace the garbage we have and wait for the GM to do his thing. So no need to be surprised they are playing like this, this is their identity.
You forgot the thread about resigning Gionta.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWrister View Post
How many goals will the Blackhawks score on Saturday?

Poor Carey Price will be under the bus all day Sunday from the Canadian Olympic team crowd.
Which is a shame if it's true. Price has been great and I have no doubt he'll perform well in Sochi.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:45 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Imagine the reaction when they call up another midget prospect like the million we have....

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:48 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
After Markov, Subban, Gorges and Diaz, the Habs' D is pathetic. Emelin can't handle RD, Bouillon should retire and Murray should've retired 2 years ago.
yeah alrighty there...

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
No Style Points

I think we all want a change (Guy Boucher anyone?) but as long as the Habs keep playing .500, keep hanging on to one of the top three spots in a very weak Eastern Conference, I don't think any change will happen.

Hell, it might even be formalized in MT's contract: "cannot be fired as long as team is in a Top 3 spot" or some such... is that possible? Sounds like something agents would argue for.

No Style Points is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

...call up Leblanc, sit Bourque in the pressbox for awhile...call up Pateryn, put Bouillon & Murray with Bourque...play Emelin on the left side where he's comfortable, at least until he gets his legs under him...stop going with the same stupid lines, every game, that aren't working, every game... stop doing the same stupid things, every game, that aren't working, every game...ADAPT!!...do something...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Gaston didn't know who Pacioretty and McDonagh were, back in 2007.
Gaston also confused Galchenyuk for, not only being Russian, but being a part of the Russian junior squad.

Gaston also picks his nose and eats his boogers.
To reabsorb the lost protein!

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...call up Leblanc, sit Bourque in the pressbox for awhile...call up Pateryn, put Bouillon & Murray with Bourque...play Emelin on the left side where he's comfortable, at least until he gets his legs under him...stop going with the same stupid lines, every game, that aren't working, every game... stop doing the same stupid things, every game, that aren't working, every game...ADAPT!!...do something...
Stop it! You are making logical points and we can't allow that!

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Why was Therrien so calm during the presser? I don't know why but this just pisses me off even more.
There's some ambiguity to his demeanor. Either he feels secure no matter what he does or he's resigned to having his fat neck feel the guillotine.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Therrien STOP dump and chase !!!! We are too ****in small !!!!

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:11 AM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Price had a minor groin injury and needed the night off. Of course you want your starter in there ideally, but that factor didn't cost us the game by any means.
You need to score at least 3 or more goals to win a hockey game. We won't be winning too many games if we are scoring 1-2 goals a game

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
QuickWrister

Does this look like a guy who has a good handle on things? yuck