HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2014, 09:45 AM
alce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I will not waste my time anymore ... untill you provide a source.
Well, this is latest interview of Medvedev.

http://www.pressball.by/pbonline/hockey/78972

Quote:
Перефразируя известную формулу, скоро можно будет заявлять, что, мол, "КХЛ не резиновая". Потолок расширения остается прежним?
Да, 32 клуба.

С "Дельфином" и финским "Йокеритом" станет 30, и?..
Плюс возвращающаяся в лигу "Лада" и, полагаем, еще один клуб из хоккейной державы. Есть интерес со стороны Швеции, Германии и Норвегии. Если не с ближайшего сезона, то со следующего.
These are current KHL plans. Jokerit, another European team, Lada, Dolphin and that's all.

But it's not all. Read, please.

Quote:
В завершение вновь вернемся в Минск. В субботу, я знаю, вы ознакомились со всем комплексом "Чижовка-Арены". Не обидно будет, что она останется вне системы КХЛ или хотя бы ВХЛ?
Действительно, ознакомился с комплексом, и он произвел наилучшее впечатление. Прекрасная арена: очень хоккейная, удобная, с отличным обзором и прекрасным льдом. Даже в шутку сказали, что нужно ее арендовать нашей команде "Газпромэкспорта" и заявляться в КХЛ. А, если серьезно, заявке второго белорусского клуба в лигу мы будем только рады.

Даже если он займет последнюю вакансию расширения?
Даже если так.
If Belorussia would ask for second team they would be given it as the last remaining place for European expansion.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Looks to me like some people just want to create a Nordic league at KHL's expense. Create a small division and play 90% of the games within it. Do you really think KHL is that stupid?
Actually, if you read post #978 you'll see that some of them even suggest that such division would play almost all 100% percent games inside such division. All games except final series. But they think in same time that it is duty of KHL to pay for all of that, because, you know, I quote: "Europe is not interested in that at the moment, all focus is on expanding the CHL tournament."

Old
01-09-2014, 09:55 AM
pulverapa

Quote:
KHL doesn't want to accept some nordic fishing villages into the league? What a surprise. The goal is to compete with NHL. Why take them if they can't compete with American cities. Can they build an NHL level arenas and get NHL level budgets? Not in a million years. Do they even want to stop being a feeder teams? No. So it's hilarious to read the comments like "oh, you don't think that my team is a perfect expansion candidate? You are doomed! And your league! We didn't want to join anyway, good luck in Asia".

KHL doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. It is the best league in Europe AND Asia. And it's moving in the right direction. No hasty moves. Getting a solid foothold in major hockey countries and moving next. Say whatever you won't, but from where I am Jokerit looks like the best candidate from Finland. Same for Bratislava and Prague. TPS, HIFK, JYP? What is this? Why would KHL need them when we got Jokerit and the best arena in Finland?

Looks to me like some people just want to create a Nordic league at KHL's expense. Create a small division and play 90% of the games within it. Do you really think KHL is that stupid?
Very amusing to read, you are pretty funny. I've been to Russia 3 times and if anything, places like Nizhnekamsk and Ufa looks more like fishing villages compared to modern western cities like Stockholm and Malmö.

You must have misunderstood me, I do not want to join the KHL (Djurgården) but if that day comes when we join (I would guess 1% chance within the next 10 years) I sincerely hope that there will be at least 3-4 teams from both Sweden and Finland so it could be interesting for us. You make it sound like I am jealous... "Why won't the KHL accept my team, buhuuu". LOL. As I said, if KHL wants to stay in Asia instead of going westwards, that's fine with me. I don't give a ---- really.

Being from a fishing village in Scandinavia doesn't mean your team is bad. We have amazing talent up here, just look at this years Juniors... #1 and #2. And how many times in a row have the Fishing country of Sweden beaten Russia in the World juniors?

Edit: And yeah, Jussi is right. If the KHL wants to expand in Scandinavia they will have to pay a lot of money so we can compete with the best Russian teams.

Last edited by pulverapa: 01-09-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old
01-09-2014, 10:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
KHL doesn't want to accept some nordic fishing villages into the league? What a surprise. The goal is to compete with NHL. Why take them if they can't compete with American cities. Can they build an NHL level arenas and get NHL level budgets? Not in a million years. Do they even want to stop being a feeder teams? No. So it's hilarious to read the comments like "oh, you don't think that my team is a perfect expansion candidate? You are doomed! And your league! We didn't want to join anyway, good luck in Asia".

KHL doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. It is the best league in Europe AND Asia. And it's moving in the right direction. No hasty moves. Getting a solid foothold in major hockey countries and moving next. Say whatever you won't, but from where I am Jokerit looks like the best candidate from Finland. Same for Bratislava and Prague. TPS, HIFK, JYP? What is this? Why would KHL need them when we got Jokerit and the best arena in Finland?

I agree with you that not every euro club joins KHL, small clubs have no future in KHL, only big one, from big euro cities - so Berlin, Bern, Geneve, Malmo, Stokholm etc.

@alce

You have to understand what Medvedev/KHL has talked. Yes, there is a strategy to have 32 clubs, so only one or two spots for Euros. But, what next? As Shalaev said for Radio Sport (and others), "small current clubs will have to find new wealthy owners or will be substituted by big clubs." Now ask yourself, replaced by Euros or Russian? Russia - there are not big clubs anymore in Russia (below KHL) - only Sochi, Tyumen and it is all. There is not interest nor capacity within Russia, so only euro club from cities like Berlin can join.. and they will join.

There are talks with VIF, Malmo, Servette, german club and there is interest from other countries. Why the hell should KHL talk to them, if there is no spot for more euro club?

KHL needs quality, more euro players and it is possible only with accepting more euro clubs. There is another problem with russian talent pool, not enough for 20+ top russian clubs.

and I can go on...

Old
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
As I said, if KHL wants to stay in Asia instead of going westwards, that's fine with me. I don't give a ---- really.
Stay in Asia. We can't even if we wanted too. Geography prevent us from that.

Quote:
Being from a fishing village in Scandinavia doesn't mean your team is bad. We have amazing talent up here, just look at this years Juniors... #1 and #2. And how many times in a row have the Fishing country of Sweden beaten Russia in the World juniors?
What this have to do with KHL?

Quote:
Edit: And yeah, Jussi is right. If the KHL wants to expand in Scandinavia they will have to pay a lot of money so we can compete with the best Russian teams.
Yes, yes, we got that already.But KHL needs teams that will generate money not spend it. So with your demands you better go to salvation army.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
pulverapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alce View Post
Stay in Asia. We can't even if we wanted too. Geography prevent us from that.

What this have to do with KHL?

Yes, yes, we got that already.But KHL needs teams that will generate money not spend it. So with your demands you better go to salvation army.
Name one Russian team in the KHL that generates money...

Old
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
ult

Quote:
Actually, if you read post #978 you'll see that some of them even suggest that such division would play almost all 100% percent games inside such division. All games except final series. But they think in same time that it is duty of KHL to pay for all of that, because, you know, I quote: "Europe is not interested in that at the moment, all focus is on expanding the CHL tournament."
I've been reading posts like that since day 1 KHL has been established - "You won't get a team outside of ex-USSR unless...", "KHL won't get an established foreign team, only artificial clubs like Lev Poprad", "There is no way a Nordic team will ever join KHL, you should do this and that...". Now we should get rid of 10 Russia teams to interest some swedish guy? KHL has teams from 9 countries and have more candidates lining up. I think KHL is interesting enough.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
alce

Quote:

There are talks with VIF, Malmo, Servette, german club and there is interest from other countries. Why the hell should KHL talk to them, if there is no spot for more euro club?

KHL needs quality, more euro players and it is possible only with accepting more euro clubs. There is another problem with russian talent pool, not enough for 20+ top russian clubs.

and I can go on...
Money, where the money, bro? Until current European teams aren't cut off from Russian support, there is absolutely no reason to think about future expansion.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:25 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
i can't wait till all the small clubs go to the VHL and VHL will be actually interesting to watch.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:30 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
Name one Russian team in the KHL that generates money...
Name one of Russian team that spends European money. Spending of Russia own money shouldn't concern you.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Money, where the money, bro? Until current European teams aren't cut off from Russian support, there is absolutely no reason to think about future expansion.
Dont worry, money is not a problem. Go and ask in Prague and Helsinki.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:39 AM
alce

Quote:
Guys from Prague have mentioned Russian sponsors, it's not the case anymore? Jokerit didn't play even one game how can we talk about money flow now?

Old
01-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
I would LOVE to ask the people in Helsinki about this. They should be pretty ****ing stressed out. Sure, apparantly the Russians are paying for them now, but will they do that forever? Jussi already said they can't find enough funding within Finland.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
I would LOVE to ask the people in Helsinki about this. They should be pretty ****ing stressed out. Sure, apparantly the Russians are paying for them now, but will they do that forever? Jussi already said they can't find enough funding within Finland.
Some estimate currently that Jokerit sponsorship money will go 1/3 from Finnish sponsors, 2/3 Russian.

By the way, thread has reached it's limit.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Some estimate currently that Jokerit sponsorship money will go 1/3 from Finnish sponsors, 2/3 Russian.

By the way, thread has reached it's limit.
Then, it shouldn't be surprise to anyone that KHL want to stop further expansion for now. It isn't some sort of charity organization.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Then, it shouldn't be surprise to anyone that KHL want to stop further expansion for now. It isn't some sort of charity organization.
Let me talk for all the Jokerit fans out there (even though I'm not a fan): Thank you Russia for funding Jokerit, this is what we all wanted.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Someone please start part IV. Thread has reached the size limit, and thus is closed.

Closed Thread