HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
He played great yesterday. A lot of crow going around.
Nope.

He drew a penalty, sure.

He also played less than 10 minutes in the game or something and did nothing besides drawing the penalty.

Shouldn't be on the team.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:53 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nope.

He drew a penalty, sure.

He also played less than 10 minutes in the game or something and did nothing besides drawing the penalty.

Shouldn't be on the team.
There was also 3 pretty nice hits (NHL.com says 2). He skated hard, did not cause turnovers, got the puck deep from the red line. Simple, efficient things exactly what you want from 4th liner and drew that penalty where you guys scored.

About playing time, as some one said, he has had 2 practices with the team. He got 1 shift in 3rd, but the game being that close, that was expected.

Of course we can blame him from everything. For Example, if Carcillo didn't get Bollig mad, Brandon would have never shot that LAZER shot! Thats obviously Carcillo's fault, right ?

Old
01-09-2014, 03:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I didn't blame him for everything.

I blamed him for being subpar at what he has to do.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post
Of course we can blame him from everything. For Example, if Carcillo didn't get Bollig mad, Brandon would have never shot that LAZER shot! Thats obviously Carcillo's fault, right ?
No one said anything remotely like this.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
I didn't blame him for everything.

I blamed him for being subpar at what he has to do.
What did you expect him to do if drawing a penalty, skating hard and hitting everything that moves aint enough ?

Score a hattrick ?

Old
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
What did you expect him to do if drawing a penalty, skating hard and hitting everything that moves aint enough ?

Score a hattrick ?
Play more than 6 minutes and not let the other line tee off on Hank.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Play more than 6 minutes and not let the other line tee off on Hank.
Playing less than 7 minutes is kinda AV's fault, not his, right ?

Old
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
It's to AV's credit.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Carcillo isn't the type of player who can handle the minutes AV gives his 4th line, as demonstrated by his negative impact in 6 minutes.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
It's to AV's credit.
Maybe so, being his first game with Rangers and all.

Oh btw, why im here as a Hawks fan is because, I like Carcillo, i still think he should be part of Blackhawks. And i absolutely hate fans, who won't give a guy decent chance but bash him before his plane lands into your city. Even worse is refusing to acknowledge decent game from the dude.

All i'm saying, give the guy a decent chance, don't judge the dude straight off, see what he can do in the long run, then decide if you still want to hate him.

Quote:
Carcillo isn't the type of player who can handle the minutes AV gives his 4th line, as demonstrated by his negative impact in 6 minutes.
Like all your other players had positive Corsi ? Come out from the stat sheet and see the games.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Oh btw, why im here as a Hawks fan is because, I like Carcillo, i still think he should be part of Blackhawks. And i absolutely hate fans, who won't give a guy decent chance but bash him before his plane lands into your city. Even worse is refusing to acknowledge decent game from the dude.

All i'm saying, give the guy a decent chance, don't judge the dude straight off, see what he can do in the long run, then decide if you still want to hate him.

Like all your other players had positive Corsi ? Come out from the stat sheet and see the games.
I didn't even look at his Corsi. What I saw was a guy who would get on the ice and never see the offensive zone. Dumping it in just to let the other team grab the puck and rush up the ice has never been good hockey.

If the Corsi stats correlate with what I saw, then my point is even stronger.

AV likes to have his 4th line play consistent minutes. If Carcillo isn't good enough to do anything in the offensive zone, then I don't want him on the team.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
AV likes to have his 4th line play consistent minutes. If Carcillo isn't good enough to do anything in the offensive zone, then I don't want him on the team.
So you would rather him turning the puck over @ the offensive blueline against a team like Blackhawks ?

Are you serious dude? All Lines dump the puck and go get it.

Damn, you seriously don't know your hockey dude.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
So you would rather him turning the puck over @ the offensive blueline against a team like Blackhawks ?

Quote:
All Lines dump the puck
Yes, you're correct.

Quote:
and go get it.
Carcillo didn't. That's the entire crux of my argument. He's the kind of limited player who can dump the puck, but then lets the other team gather it up for a rush up the ice. That's literally what I said in my last post.

Sure, it's 6 minutes in one game. But as a guy who's always been a limited player, and who's bounced around the league for the past couple of years, I doubt subpar play will be the exception and not the rule.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:

Did you go to the Kings board and annoy them too? Is that why he got traded?

Old
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Did you go to the Kings board and annoy them too? Is that why he got traded?
Bravo, this made me laugh

Quote:
Carcillo didn't. That's the entire crux of my argument. He's the kind of limited player who can dump the puck, but then lets the other team gather it up for a rush up the ice. That's literally what I said in my last post.
If he is the one dumping the puck, who should get it ?

That said, yes IIRC he did lose 1 or 2 board battles in offensive zone, there you are correct. He won many others tho, especially in the neutral ice.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Ail
k.

Why does everybody who plays for the Ranger's parents and spouses gravitate to our board?

01-10-2014, 07:07 AM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

If you all could choose: Call up Haley or Stu, or get Cillo for that 7th cond. as we did?

It's either one, cause we sorely need the toughness

Old
01-10-2014, 07:46 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoves View Post
If you all could choose: Call up Haley or Stu, or get Cillo for that 7th cond. as we did?

I would prefer to have developed a player from within thst does that role while being younger than 25, cheap and controllable.

01-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoves View Post

Obviously they don't care for Haley and Bickel is a dman really. Let's give carcillo a chance

Old
01-10-2014, 08:23 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:

There's alot of guys here that are still very butt-hurt about the beating that Carcillo laid on Gaborik when the anger should be directed to the guy that stood there watching it un-fold and kept his hands tucked neatly in his pockets.

The same guy that the board is pretty split on wether we should trade or resign (while having absolutely nothing to do with the above statement)

I like agitators. I don't mind one bit the fact that Dan Carcillo plays on/over the edge.

I like players that get emotions going both good and bad with his antics. Hockey is best played when emotions are running high.

it's amazing that guys like Carcillo were revered in NY. There's a long line of names that Rangers fans adored and now this board specifically has shown a general disdain for this type of player.

Sad really.

Old
01-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
There's alot of guys here that are still very butt-hurt about the beating that Carcillo laid on Gaborik when the anger should be directed to the guy that stood there watching it un-fold and kept his hands tucked neatly in his pockets.

The same guy that the board is pretty split on wether we should trade or resign (while having absolutely nothing to do with the above statement)

I like agitators. I don't mind one bit the fact that Dan Carcillo plays on/over the edge.

I like players that get emotions going both good and bad with his antics. Hockey is best played when emotions are running high.

it's amazing that guys like Carcillo were revered in NY. There's a long line of names that Rangers fans adored and now this board specifically has shown a general disdain for this type of player.

Sad really.
Except that people loved Avery and Prust, so that is false. Also I doubt that many people actually give a **** about the Carcillo vs Gaborik incident at this point. More people were pissed at Girardi for that than Carcillo.

No one here wouldn't take a guy like Lucic or Marchand on this team. Stop spinning this in to something it isn't because you are obessed with these types of players.

Old
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
NYR2007

vCash: 50
Only on the rangers does a 4th line guy getting 10 or less minutes get this much scrunity ... He's on the ice so when this soft rangers squad starts getting pushed around .... Maybe he will start to push the other teams star players ..... Or go fight the guy that's doing the pushing

Anything extra is gravey

Old
01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Except that people loved Avery and Prust, so that is false. Also I doubt that many people actually give a **** about the Carcillo vs Gaborik incident at this point. More people were pissed at Girardi for that than Carcillo.

No one here wouldn't take a guy like Lucic or Marchand on this team. Stop spinning this in to something it isn't because you are obessed with these types of players.
Let's be honest though... This board in general does show disdain for these types of players.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Let's be honest though... This board in general does show disdain for these types of players.
Only the ones that are:

1.) Straight up goons who are lucky they can skate, let alone stick-handle. (Scott)

2.) Agitators who take dumb penalties or play dirty. (Cooke, Kaleta.)

3.) The good ones who are past their prime and should be replaced with a younger version. (Asham, Rupp)

The Rangers consistently waste picks and overpay in FA for guys who can't or can barely fill the role. They need to be developing these kinds of players not wasting assets on other teams hasbeens.

If they brought in the right guy for the right place they would be loved here ala Prust and Avery.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

He played well in his limited minutes. Didn't hurt the team. Skated well and drew a penalty. He gets under opposing players' skin. Penalty led to a goal by Zucc. I think some of you are over analyzing this way too much. It was a 7th round pick. I don't like the guy either but he's here.

Closed Thread