HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can someone explain to me what...

Old
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Can someone explain to me what...

Jay Bouwmeester, Jovanovski, Cheecho and half a dozen others, are doing at the "All-Star" game?

If the NHl was so worried about Fitzpatrick clouding the talent lineup, what the heck are these players doing at this event?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
bazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Jay Bouwmeester, Jovanovski, Cheecho and half a dozen others, are doing at the "All-Star" game?

If the NHl was so worried about Fitzpatrick clouding the talent lineup, what the heck are these players doing at this event?
The fans like them.

bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:

The NHL wasn't worried about anything. Hockey fans everywhere decided to vote Lidstrom, as it should be, into it instead.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 09:44 PM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
The NHL wasn't worried about anything. Hockey fans everywhere decided to vote Lidstrom, as it should be, into it instead.
They actually paid people full time for a week or so to vote for everybody else. They mentioned it on CKAC

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Goalie3636

It's because the nhl wants every team to be represented at the game. Jovanovski was Niedermeyers replacement as well.

Goalie3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
DieHardHabs

cheechoo was voted in for 1 ... maybe he isnt an all star this yr .. but pretty sure he was last yr... jovonovski... u gutat be kiddin me .. hes a wicked defensman..almost one the fastes skater last time around... couldnt do it this time bc of a injury .. and bouwmeester..whats wrong with him!? u hafta spread it out between the teams..

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
This I agree with. However, Jovo was a replacement by the NHL. Shouldn't they pick the next highest scoring defenceman in the league, rather than the usual Jovo allstar nomination?

Looking over the stats, he clearly isn't allstar material this season. The Coyotes have representation at the games already.

If its a case of every team having to have representation, this is news to me, and what I'd like to clarify.

Is this the case?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 12:38 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Nothing wrong with all 3... But Perreault!!!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Yea there's weird players choice this year. The League clearly forgot it was the All-Stars, not freakin charity. Bill Guerin...?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Yea there's weird players choice this year. The League clearly forgot it was the All-Stars, not freakin charity. Bill Guerin...?
because it was in Dallas maybe? thats why I figured he was there, it was obvious the Ammerican fans liked him being there, atleast the ones who actually came to the skills comp.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
They actually paid people full time for a week or so to vote for everybody else. They mentioned it on CKAC
lol no they didn't...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Nothing wrong with all 3... But Perreault!!!!
Yeah, I was wondering what Perrault was doing there, maybe they were planning on a faceoff event?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
antidot

Quote:
This I agree with. However, Jovo was a replacement by the NHL. Shouldn't they pick the next highest scoring defenceman in the league, rather than the usual Jovo allstar nomination?

Looking over the stats, he clearly isn't allstar material this season. The Coyotes have representation at the games already.

If its a case of every team having to have representation, this is news to me, and what I'd like to clarify.

Is this the case?
A d-man is a d-man ; may be he didn't get high numbers with the Yotes ( who had anyway ? ) , but a d-man is not there just to score . You seem to forget that he could be good defensively .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Le depisteur

Shanahan IN - Jagr OUT
Williams IN - Kovalchuk OUT
Staal IN - Brind'Amour OUT

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 09:13 AM
FlavorFlav

Quote:

Is this the case?

Whatever.

Dude you have the best avatar EVER.

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote