HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll #10

View Poll Results: #10
Jarkko Immonen (F) 14 18.18%
Dan Girardi (D) 2 2.60%
Tom Pyatt (F) 16 20.78%
Darin Olver (F) 0 0%
Marc-Andre' Cliche (F) 8 10.39%
Ryan Hillier (F) 0 0%
Ivan Branaka (D) 34 44.16%
Dane Byers (F) 2 2.60%
Brodie Dupont (F) 1 1.30%
Greg Moore (F) 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2007, 09:46 AM
  #26
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Baranka... was going to go with Pyatt, but I changed my mind. Add Kveton.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
  #27
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,640
vCash: 500
I went with Pyatt, would be a little careful when it comes to Baranka. Don't have time now to find a link, but I remember the first time I saw him in HFD (last season). He were really impressive. He is pretty smooth, can defenitly lay people out. Got decent offensive skills.

Though he defenitly got consistency issues. In terms of talent he should be a leader for the Pack. But I don't think he really have improved at all in any aspects of his game since joining HFD. Some nights he plays a really quite game, never really playing bad, but its like he got no aspiration. Sometimes from a kid you want him to try to do to much, so that he will develop.

While Baranka is talented, he is not "that" talented. He still must develop allot. If I saw more fire in him Id have him much higher on my list.

He plays a great game every 10th game. Thats never a good sign. Many players are not that high on the AHL, he could wake up if he gets a shot in the NHL. But for his development, Id like to see him be more involved and taking a bigger responsibility.


Last edited by Ola: 01-24-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
  #28
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,584
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I went with Pyatt, would be a little careful when it comes to Baranka. Don't have time now to find a link, but I remember the first time I saw him in HFD (last season). He were really impressive. He is pretty smooth, can defenitly lay people out. Got decent offensive skills.

Though he defenitly got consistency issues. In terms of talent he should be a leader for the Pack. But I don't think he really have improved at all in any aspects of his game since joining HFD. Some nights he plays a really quite game, never really playing bad, but its like he got no aspiration. Sometimes from a kid you want him to try to do to much, so that he will develop.

While Baranka is talented, he is not "that" talented. He still must develop allot. If I saw more fire in him Id have him much higher on my list.

He plays a great game every 10th game. Thats never a good sign.
COMPLETELY disagree.

He does take a few shifts off every now and then, but you're talking about someone who doesn't even resemble Baranka, IMO...

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
  #29
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
COMPLETELY disagree.

He does take a few shifts off every now and then, but you're talking about someone who doesn't even resemble Baranka, IMO...
I am not talking about Branka like he is playing for HFD like Poti did for us.

Baranka should be a allstar in the AHL at the least. At the most there are 3-5 D's in the AHL who will make it to the NHL as top 4 D's. Thoose 3 D's are spread out on 27 teams.

Beeing solid for HFD isn't good enough. Beeing the best in HFD is not even be good enough. He have to become one of the top D's in that league to be good enough, probably top 3 of 162 defenders.

He got potential to be that. But it doesn't seem like he are pushing for it. Baranka to HFD is what Tyutin is to NY, Baranka for HFD must become what Scott Niedermayer is to Anaheim, thats cold facts.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
  #30
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,949
vCash: 500
Immonen going from #3 in our last poll to now out of the top 10. I wonder if his drop will continue as Tommy Pyatt got more votes than him this round as well. Now is it his own fault that he is dropping like this in the rankings or the Rangers organizations fault for not using him enough or giving him a good enough chance. I think he will be a solid 2nd line center in the NHL, just probably not with the Rangers as they seen to have given up completely on the kid, which is a shame.

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
  #31
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Immonen going from #3 in our last poll to now out of the top 10. I wonder if his drop will continue as Tommy Pyatt got more votes than him this round as well. Now is it his own fault that he is dropping like this in the rankings or the Rangers organizations fault for not using him enough or giving him a good enough chance. I think he will be a solid 2nd line center in the NHL, just probably not with the Rangers as they seen to have given up completely on the kid, which is a shame.
Though thats how it is with a overaged European like Immonen, he is gooing on his 2nd year now, while there still is room for improvement, the fact that his intensity is so low in combination with his small size and poor speed its hard to see him having any kind of success as a 2nd line C. With a kid like Jessiman we have followed him for something like 4 years now, he hav probably dropped a few spots per season instead.

This is what I wrote about Immonen before he stepped on the ice in North America:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3340041&postcount=56

Quote:
Jarkko is a well rounded allaround player. He doesn't really have any flaws. He will never be a selke candidate though, but he is not a young kid who have to be "tought" have to play defense. He is also quit strong at 6'0 205-210 lbs.

The big questionmark IMO is his offensive upside. He have great playmaking skills and vision and he have really heavy shoot. Jarkko isn't slow or a bad skater, but he "thinks" on the ice. In the SM-liiga he is on top of the game, he anticipates plays and always knows what to do 2-3 steps ahead. In International Games that haven't been the case, he have had some problems with the pace of the game there. The tempo is faster in the NHL but at the same time the pace isn't really as high, its defenitly much much easier for a smart player to get by in the NHL then in international hockey.

So the question is how he is gooing to be affected by the move to the NHL. Personally I belive that he even might benefit from the smaller ice ect. If I were to compare him with a player it would be Pavol Demitra. Jarkko is a bit more stocky built and Pavol might have a better release.
I had high hopes for him, like many do know. We are seeing the same player, so I can defenitly not blame you!

But the questionmarks I raised then, like how he would adjust to the tempo in the NHL, all have been answeared now. In a negative way. I thought/hoped that he would get involved enough in the NHL because of his smarts, but he haven't. I don't see that changing in the future. And if it doesn't, I don't for example think Immonen is a better option on a 2nd line then a Marcel Hossa.

Had the farm been bare like it have been in the past, Immonen would still be high up there. But now I defenitly hold guys like Pyatt, Callahan and Sauer ahead of Immonen, I think they just have higher potential.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.