HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL NOT changing schedule...

Old
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Ok, let's pretend the '80's Oilers are playing today. For ONE game against them at home I also have to take games against teams like Phoenix, LA, Columbus, Nashville, etc instead of extra games against the Flyers, Devils, Isles? No thanks, I'll forego the one game against the one west team I'd actually want to see play. Besides, with Center-Ice, it is not as if you CAN'T see these players play.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 07:48 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Rivalries are built in the playoffs, not the regular season, and in the playoffs the divisions are pretty much tossed out. You play conference teams, who may or may not be in your division. Trying to build rivalries during the regular season seems artificial.
I agree with this statement. Doesn't mean you don't hate the team down the road, but it pales in comparison with seeing something new, and if its a team you've had playoff history with, all the better. Somebody wants revenge, or at least I hope so.

I used to be able to see the Rangers play the Flames, wearing my Rangers blue in a sea of red, and more often than not leaving with egg on my face, but it was a blast cause I got to see my team.
One year me and my brother snuck down below between periods, met Gordie Howe and Phil Esposito, who we talked to for 3 or 4 minutes outside the dressing room, couldn't believe Phil Esposito was standing there listening to me saying I thought the defense needed to pinch more. The Rangers won 7-2 and I also ended up talking to Tomas Sandstrom after his 3 point game later at a bar we all went to. He was really cool and happy being a Ranger.

Not like every visit by the Rangers turns out like that, but now I don't see them at all. This league is kind of bugging me right now.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Rivalries are built in the playoffs, not the regular season, and in the playoffs the divisions are pretty much tossed out. You play conference teams, who may or may not be in your division. Trying to build rivalries during the regular season seems artificial.
I agree with this statement. Doesn't mean you don't hate the team down the road, but it pales in comparison with seeing something new, and if its a team you've had playoff history with, all the better. Somebody wants revenge, or at least I hope so.

I used to be able to see the Rangers play the Flames, and while there is no playoff history there, I think it added a lot of buzz when they visited. Now I don't get to see them at all. This league is kind of bugging me right now.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 08:40 PM
The Thomas J.*

There is such an easy way to make the schedule better,
7 divsion games (28 total)
4 games against eastern confence teams outs side the divison (40 games)
14 games vs.western confrence Foes. so that means every team could see 7 western teams twice in a season or mix it see nearly ever team in the west at least once.
I like the heavy schedule in the divsion. and that is how rivallarys are made by playing each other a bunch of times.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deville View Post
There is such an easy way to make the schedule better,
7 divsion games (28 total)
4 games against eastern confence teams outs side the divison (40 games)
14 games vs.western confrence Foes. so that means every team could see 7 western teams twice in a season or mix it see nearly ever team in the west at least once.
I like the heavy schedule in the divsion. and that is how rivallarys are made by playing each other a bunch of times.
not bad, but the thing that pops out at me is that there won't be an even home-away split for the all important division games. i guess the league could just switch back and forth each year regarding the extra home game.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 11:00 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
not bad, but the thing that pops out at me is that there won't be an even home-away split for the all important division games. i guess the league could just switch back and forth each year regarding the extra home game.

The unbalanced division series would be how you can create the heated division rivalry one team would always win the season series. The Winner of the seaon series would get the extra home game the following season. Its great bragging rights for the Fans as well. Everyone wins & loseses.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You guys are making way too much out of this schedule issue.The Rangers won't play five teams next season-Columbus,Chicago,St.Louis,Detroit and Nashville.If you really want to see the Rangers play those teams you will get your chance since the Rangers are playing four of those teams at the Garden in the next couple of months
Well, it's like saying "This elevator is broken. There is a working elevator in the building across the street".

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deville View Post
The unbalanced division series would be how you can create the heated division rivalry one team would always win the season series. The Winner of the seaon series would get the extra home game the following season. Its great bragging rights for the Fans as well. Everyone wins & loseses.
They played an odd number of games for years. When they did that, the LAST home game for the team with the extra game did not count toward the head-to-head record for tie-breaking if needed.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote