HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooks-RANGERS NEED SHOT OF YOUTH

Old
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Ola, I would like to hear more support for the accusation that Shoenfeld is calling the shots in the organization other than just "Jessiman's in Charlotte". The topic is great, but it's a pretty strong claim to make, then fail to back up with some evidence. Then, the article just heads off another tangent 2/3 of the way through and the point is abandoned completely.

Brooks has some interesting ideas and opinions, not sure I value his ability as a writer very much though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
duh? We all know this except Rangers management
Happy Birfday man !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 11:23 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Ola, I would like to hear more support for the accusation that Shoenfeld is calling the shots in the organization other than just "Jessiman's in Charlotte". The topic is great, but it's a pretty strong claim to make, then fail to back up with some evidence. Then, the article just heads off another tangent 2/3 of the way through and the point is abandoned completely.

Brooks has some interesting ideas and opinions, not sure I value his ability as a writer very much though.
To me, his game analysis ability is his greatest asset. He's usually spot on about Ranger problems and its refreshing. I don't pay much attention to anything else, and always take what he says with a large grain of salt (especially his column pieces...as opposed to his articles).

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
To me, his game analysis ability is his greatest asset. He's usually spot on about Ranger problems and its refreshing. I don't pay much attention to anything else, and always take what he says with a large grain of salt (especially his column pieces...as opposed to his articles).
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
we really don't know whether or not he's ready. A 5 game stint with Ward or Roszival wouldn't handicap his career. And this is really the root of my frustration. It is so blaringly obvious that Malik is ineffective and a hinderance on this team but Renney still favors him over the "risky" proposition of a Wolfpack defenseman getting some time. This front office has nothing in the sack when it comes to making the tough decision to ultimately bench the old in favor of the new. They want the easy solution: everyone who is currently on the roster will be the answer to the problems. They also have delusions of competing for a cup this year.
Good summary. Renney seems to rather fail with what he knows, as oppossed to possibly improving with something he does not. He is comfortable with many low-risk 4th-line types and with veterans. Both choices seem better to him than any possible growing pains that a rookie with a higher ceiling might bring.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote