HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon Gagne- Update 10/15/14: Signs 1 year deal with the Bruins.

Old
01-10-2014, 02:41 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Maybe some teams called his agent but he never passed a medicial check .

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Qyburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Maybe some teams called his agent but he never passed a medicial check .
I know it's a huuuuge stretch, but how about...

-only wants to play in philly (where he knows he'll have fan/media support)
-homer won't have him
-plan between he and his agent was to wait on it since Homer appeared to be on the chopping block not all that long ago + a new GM (any new GM) might open the door

sorry about the conspiracy theory level post lol, just a thought

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Not that I think it will happen, but would anyone put it past Holmgren to sign Gagne at the deadline so he could join the team in a playoff push? There's always going to be injuries that time of year and Gagne is certainly a more experienced playoff veteran than Rosehill, Laughton, or anyone who could potentially be called up to play on the fourth line. I don't totally support the idea but it wouldn't surprise me if Holmgren thought this way.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM

Sign him for one game, let him retire and give him the send off he deserves.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:21 PM
GingerFetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
Not that I think it will happen, but would anyone put it past Holmgren to sign Gagne at the deadline so he could join the team in a playoff push? There's always going to be injuries that time of year and Gagne is certainly a more experienced playoff veteran than Rosehill, Laughton, or anyone who could potentially be called up to play on the fourth line. I don't totally support the idea but it wouldn't surprise me if Holmgren thought this way.
Gagne would flip homer off.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:38 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I doubt it. I think the plan is to bring Laughton aboard for some fresh legs if he's available. Rookies always seem to have some jump when they make their debuts in the playoff. Pageau, Toffolli, Wilson, Krug, Kreider, etc. are all some rookies off the top of my head that brought some energy to their teams in the post season.

I think Laughton could be useful, and I'd love to see him in the lineup over Rinaldo in the playoffs.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I doubt it. I think the plan is to bring Laughton aboard for some fresh legs if he's available. Rookies always seem to have some jump when they make their debuts in the playoff. Pageau, Toffolli, Wilson, Krug, Kreider, etc. are all some rookies off the top of my head that brought some energy to their teams in the post season.

I think Laughton could be useful, and I'd love to see him in the lineup over Rinaldo in the playoffs.
*Like button*
Really good way to look at it. The enforcers always get dropped out of the lineup, and the available replacements of Usual Suspects aren't all that exciting. Scott has a great potential to slam past the threshold with confidence he might possibly gain in the wjc. It would be a perfectly timed gearing-up for what you're talking about.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
I think Gagne didn't like Holmgren when he traded him, and he likes him less now. He won't be back, and it hasn't seemed like anyone else has reached out to him. At this point in the season, he'd have to go to the AHL just to get his conditioning up, and I question whether or not he would do that.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Not sure why Gagne would hold a grudge...he already made comments backtracking his slap in the face comment. He is not in a position to be a diva.... plus I really do believe he hasn't been signed b/c he is large medical risk if you believe the story about his neurologist that somebody posted on here. Kind of passes the smell test IMO b/c somebody I think would have picked him up by now. I doubt he is just being picky.....players want to play especially when he hasn't seen the light of day in the NHL for some time now.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:38 AM
KaraLupin
카라

Sad to see a career end this way. **** concussions.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 07:03 AM
ugiswrong

I see Gagne signing in Switzerland next season

ugiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Id love to see him back, Gagne was so great back in the day. He created chances, which incidentally we have a lot of people creating somewhat good ones now, but no one to really drive it home like in the days of Jeff Carter. I thought vinny would, but it doesn't look like that

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Roman Reigns

oy vey

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 07:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Not sure why Gagne would hold a grudge...he already made comments backtracking his slap in the face comment. He is not in a position to be a diva.... plus I really do believe he hasn't been signed b/c he is large medical risk if you believe the story about his neurologist that somebody posted on here. Kind of passes the smell test IMO b/c somebody I think would have picked him up by now. I doubt he is just being picky.....players want to play especially when he hasn't seen the light of day in the NHL for some time now.
I don't think he's being picky either, he's not getting calls.

He made comments backtracking what he said. But he was still saying what he was thinking

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:46 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

$2mil a year is suitable, wouldn't give Gags anymore.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Time to let this die and move on.

Flyotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Don't think Gags would sign with the Flyers...remember this..
"Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has ruled out the possibility of the team attempting to sign Simon Gagne."
"Not that there was really any doubt of that at this point. Simon Gagne was interested in playing with the Philadelphia Flyers, to the point where he didn't pursue other opportunities. When they went after Daniel Cleary instead, Gagne said "it was like a slap in the face."

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 04:38 PM
The Couturier Effect

Gagne is going to be an analyst on TVA sports.

I wish I could tell you more, but the article is in French.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/simon-gag...ports-23012014

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Shame injuries derailed him completely.

01-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Flyerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Gagne is going to be an analyst on TVA sports.

I wish I could tell you more, but the article is in French.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/simon-gag...ports-23012014
With an experience of nearly 800 games in the NHL,the Quebecois Simon Gagne will join the team of TVA Sports as hockey analyst starting February.

the one who has spent most of his career in a Philadelphia Flyers uniform will take part in the show "The Match" and also work on the show "The First Trio".

And, Starting from next season he will participate in intermissions of several NHL games shown on TVA Sports.

"Simon Gagne joins the team that will form the next generation of analysts in Quebec. Viewers can count starting from February on his knowledge of the NHL and his passion for hockey, "said Louis-Philippe Neveu, hockey executive producer TVA Sports.

"It's something I've always wanted to do, said the winner of a Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. I believe my experience in the National League will allow me to help viewers understand "

i didn't know the exact translation of that bolded part but he's basically saying i'll help viewers understand things better.

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Anthems

vCash: 102
I think it's ridiculous. I know of a handful of teams that could use Gagne. He still has good hockey left in him and has a very respectful career. It's tough to see him go out like this.

I would love if at the deadline we signed him cheap, maybe 1.5 for the rest of the season? He's a proven playoff contributor and is very adaptable in all scenario's through the line-up. Why do we give roster spots to Rosehill, Hall, and VandeVelde?

Anthems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 05:39 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
With an experience of nearly 800 games in the NHL,the Quebecois Simon Gagne will join the team of TVA Sports as hockey analyst starting February.

the one who has spent most of his career in a Philadelphia Flyers uniform will take part in the show "The Match" and also work on the show "The First Trio".

And, Starting from next season he will participate in intermissions of several NHL games shown on TVA Sports.

"Simon Gagne joins the team that will form the next generation of analysts in Quebec. Viewers can count starting from February on his knowledge of the NHL and his passion for hockey, "said Louis-Philippe Neveu, hockey executive producer TVA Sports.

"It's something I've always wanted to do, said the winner of a Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. I believe my experience in the National League will allow me to help viewers understand "

i didn't know the exact translation of that bolded part but he's basically saying i'll help viewers understand things better.
Thanks!

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:02 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthems View Post
I think it's ridiculous. I know of a handful of teams that could use Gagne. He still has good hockey left in him and has a very respectful career. It's tough to see him go out like this.

I would love if at the deadline we signed him cheap, maybe 1.5 for the rest of the season? He's a proven playoff contributor and is very adaptable in all scenario's through the line-up. Why do we give roster spots to Rosehill, Hall, and VandeVelde?
I think your fanism for Gagne is not allowing to see the facts. Maybe teams did think about signing him but get didnt pass the physical test. He just could be not healthy. Highly doubt that he is broadcasting now that he comes back. My guess is he formally retire at the end of the season.

I guess all the teams in the NHL don't think he has enough left in the tank.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 07:16 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthems View Post

we get it, you like Gagne. so do I, but his career is over. If he was still a serviceable player, he would have signed somewhere, but he's one hit away from being in serious trouble

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

as much as I love Gagne he is done. he had a great career. won a Cup.
Best of luck to him on his new career.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote