HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

trade proposal

Old
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Predulov

vCash: 500
trade proposal

To Toronto,
1st round draft pick, Chris Mason and Jordin Tootoo.

To Nashville,
Sundin and Wellwood.

I mean I live in Toronto and the leafs stink with Raycroft, everytime I see him play I am embarrassed for him. The leafs could be good with a goalie, he lets in everything!!
They get Mason who is leading the league in save percentage with .930. Tootoo is just not getting ice time here and is not really a hot commodity here now as much as he first was, I mean with Hordichuk, Arnott, Dumont, Nichol, Legwand, Vasicek and Hartnell on forward, plus our mean defense, I think the team is sound as far as hitting people, but he would be a big hit in Toronto, a new Domi. Tootoo does not sell seats. The leafs are shopping Sundin and Tucker to see what they can get, I think this deal is good for them to get rid of Sundin, they get a very solid young goalie plus a first round pick to build on and a new Domi. We get another star forward to help this season plus Wellwood who could add to our core of good youthful players. If not Wellwood, maybe Ponikarovsky, Antropov or even O'neill.
Actually put in Kubina, Nashville can always use another big body. Imagine Weber and Kubina?

You can mess with the trade abit witht he Tootoo and Wellwood part, but Mason and Sundin are the keys.

Any thoughts?

Predulov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:19 PM
dulzhok

I don't see us giving up valuable assets for Sundin. While he would be nice, Legwand and Arnott are getting the job done. And Sundin is UFA after this year. Just doesn't make sense.

Kubina is a good player, but his 5 million price tag would be a NO GO.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

don't like this proposal, at all.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
8baby*

Sundin and wellwood for 30th pick in 1st round and a bunch of nobodies?Are you nuts?Drugs don't affect you much.Preds will never ever get Mats or Kyle.So you casn wakeup now.The dream is over.Mason is only looking good because Preds are loaded with good players this year.On the Leafs,he would get sunburn from the red light going on so much.

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
don't like this proposal, at all.
me think TO fans will hate it big time

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 07:15 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
No thanks.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 05:35 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I don't see us giving up valuable assets for Sundin. While he would be nice, Legwand and Arnott are getting the job done. And Sundin is UFA after this year. Just doesn't make sense.

Kubina is a good player, but his 5 million price tag would be a NO GO.
most def agree, NAS won't have any interest in Sundin come trade deadline time, and why should they?

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 06:29 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by insertname09 View Post
most def agree, NAS won't have any interest in Sundin come trade deadline time, and why should they?
Because he's an elite centerman. The question isn't if they'd be interested in him because virtualy every team would be, the question becomes woulld they be willing to give up what it would take to get him? And if this is what it takes to do it, then I think the answer is yes.

I think the Preds would be all over this deal if Vokoun was less of a question mark (his health, not him). I just don't think Toronto would be so willing to give up not only the face of their franchise for the last 15 years or so, but also one of their only promising youngsters for players that don't really fill any holes. Sure, Mason is a bit of an upgrade on Raycroft, and a 1st round pick is always nice to have even if it's a very low one, but to downgrade your skill on the wing, and give up your franchise centerman just to get it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I agree that the original proposal was poorly thought out, but I think some of you guys are vastly underrating what adding a player like Sundin can do for a hockey team, and what it would take to aquire him.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Shaun_W_W

Take out wellwood and tootoo add aubin

To Nashville
Sundin
Aubin

To Toronto
1st Round Pick (remember its like a bottom 5 pick)
Chris Mason
Conditional 1st Round Pick (Only if you pick up his option which nobody wants)
-The last pick is just insurance

Antropov and Oneill are available Antropov is good but has injury problems and Oneill is playing a lot better than last year

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote