Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Thread

Old
01-08-2014, 12:52 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
If we got rid of Wideman like some of you are suggesting, how in the hell are we even going to reach the cap floor next year? Sign 3rd liners to 8 million dollar contracts?

We need some sort of NHL roster.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Guido Sarducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
If we got rid of Wideman like some of you are suggesting, how in the hell are we even going to reach the cap floor next year? Sign 3rd liners to 8 million dollar contracts?

Making the cap floor will not be nearly as tough as some of you are making it out to be. @Capgeek the Flames have 35million committed to 12 players next season. Leaving about 21 million for 11 more players. It's not hard at all to spend 21 mill on 11 players.

(Un)Fortunatly none of the Flames RFAs or UFAs are in line for big raises. Maybe a modest raise for Berra and nice raise for Russell if the Flames extend either.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
It's also possible that we make trades to take on salary for next year. Cap dump trades.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Simple, we make Paul Statsny the NHL's first 10 million dollar man.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 02:25 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post

Not that I agree with moving Wideman, I don't but we could sign Russel to a 2 year 3m type deal.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 03:04 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

I'd just hate to see our D turn into the way of that other Alberta team. The only bright spots so far is that our D isn't terrible.. take away wideman and that's another hole.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Meh, Keep Wideman, his value cant be THAT high.

I honestly dont see a very active trade deadline. I bet Cammi goes and maybe Stempniak, other than that i cant see Burke making a lot of moves.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 07:24 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Meh, Keep Wideman, his value cant be THAT high.

I honestly dont see a very active trade deadline. I bet Cammi goes and maybe Stempniak, other than that i cant see Burke making a lot of moves.
I can, if this team keeps playing like this he will get rid of a lot of guys, even if its for peanuts. He will hit the UFA market hard.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 09:59 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

No reason to trade Wideman either. The guy has been great for us. Unless the Flames are getting an upgrade, which they won't, then keep him. If anything Russell should be an enticing piece. He's having a good year and he'll come relatively cheap.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:22 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I can, if this team keeps playing like this he will get rid of a lot of guys, even if its for peanuts. He will hit the UFA market hard.
Who are we going to trade? SOB? David Jones? Sweet we can pick up some solid 5th and 6th round picks...

Outside of Cammi and Stempniak the Flames don't have a lot of trade bait, maybe Stajan, but we will still need to hit the cap floor, So unless all of those guys are outplaying their current contracts, it will be a lateral trade at best.

Stempniak isnt even worth a 2nd right now IMO, he has been awful the last 20 games.

I suspect he will try and make a big UFA deal as well, but that's almost 6 months away from now.

We might see some minor deals sending crappy prospects around (Agostino, Hanowski etc.) but i honestly don't see us having a big "selloff"

Not to mention Burke isnt a trade deadline kind of guy, he prefers dealing a month or so ahead of it.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Trae

Don't see anything happening that will excite us fans. Stempniak at this point is worth a 3rd round pick, Cammy could fetch us a 2nd +, don't think it would be wise to move Stajan with our Center depth. Hudler has been great, but that contract. I think we move a couple 3rd line 4th line guys for 5th-7th picks.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Don't see anything happening that will excite us fans. Stempniak at this point is worth a 3rd round pick, Cammy could fetch us a 2nd +, don't think it would be wise to move Stajan with our Center depth. Hudler has been great, but that contract. I think we move a couple 3rd line 4th line guys for 5th-7th picks.
Hudler at 4M is a freaking steal!!!! We just need to surround him with actual NHL players.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Volica

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I agree with Stemps, he has hurt his value badly when he is considered a scorer and not doing so.
Stajan can be moved, because it does nothing to our center depth honestly. We currently have four guys who are best suited on the third line playing 1-4 lol. Just opens up another spot for someone like Knight or Markus and even Billy Arnold.

Cammy worth a second eh?
21 points in 35 games on a horrible team Cammy? 32 points in 32 playoff games Cammy?
I think you'll get a first for him, just because of the depth of the draft this year.
A 1st + 'meh' prospect is honestly relatively reasonable.

Also, Hudler's contract... Age comparable players making that money include:
Vermette, Booth, Pavelski, Roy, PA Parenteau and Drew Stafford.
I don't know about you, but there's only one name on that list I'd take before him. 4 for 4 is a great deal for the guy who has honestly been the Flames best forward this year, who is actually doing what he is suppose to be (veteran wise).

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Bounces R Way
Feaster's Beasters

Real curious to see what Cammy will bring in, and when it happens. IMO he's the perfect rental, plays both wings, proven goal scorer who elevates in big games, great on the PP, exactly the guy who might be a difference maker in a playoff series. Plenty of playoff teams will want some extra scoring depth and if Burke is smart enough to keep him to the deadline I could see a real nice return for what is basically a negative asset for the Flames at this point. Hoping for a 1st plus an above average prospect(no more owskis), or a good young roster player with upside.

Some possible trading partners I could envision would be VAN: Corrado(Jensen) + 2nd[Doubt they give up their 1st], PIT: Despres(Harrington) + 2nd, BOS: 1st + Khokhlachev(Caron,Bartowski), TBL: young roster player(pick just about any of em), there might be some others too.

Other than that I don't really see the Flames doing too much, maybe Stajan if a team needs C depth because of injuries.

Bounces R Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Flames rebuilder

I see Cammy bringing back a 1st, B prospect + a cap dump. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

This is my ideal trade deadline:
Mike Cammalerri To Tampa for Brett Connoly + Keith Aulie + cond 2nd (if Tampa makes playoffs)

Matt Stajan at 2.5 Mil to Chicago for Mark McNeill + 3rd (2nd if Chicago wins the cup)

Chris Butler to Boston for Matt Fraser + 3rd

Lee Stempniak + Tj Galiardi to LA for Matt Frattin + Kyle Clifford + Colin Fraser (cap purposes)

Jiri Hudler to Carolina for Jiri Tlusty + Victor Rask + Cond 2nd if Carolina makes the playoffs

Glencross,Monohan,Jones
Tlusty,Backlund,Frattin
Bouma,Colborne,Connoly
Clifford,Fraser,Mcgratten/Byron

Giordano,Brodie
Russel,Widemab
Aulie,Smid
Smith,SOB

All these trades make us a younger team. We have the potential to acquire multiple 2nds which we could later package for a 1st at the draft. We get good young NHL bodies along with pretty good prospects in Rask and McNeill. Thoughts ?

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:22 AM
fallsviewafro
Finnish goalies

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
This is my ideal trade deadline:
Mike Cammalerri To Tampa for Brett Connoly + Keith Aulie + cond 2nd (if Tampa makes playoffs)

Matt Stajan at 2.5 Mil to Chicago for Mark McNeill + 3rd (2nd if Chicago wins the cup)

Chris Butler to Boston for Matt Fraser + 3rd

Lee Stempniak + Tj Galiardi to LA for Matt Frattin + Kyle Clifford + Colin Fraser (cap purposes)

Jiri Hudler to Carolina for Jiri Tlusty + Victor Rask + Cond 2nd if Carolina makes the playoffs

Glencross,Monohan,Jones
Tlusty,Backlund,Frattin
Bouma,Colborne,Connoly
Clifford,Fraser,Mcgratten/Byron

Giordano,Brodie
Russel,Widemab
Aulie,Smid
Smith,SOB

All these trades make us a younger team. We have the potential to acquire multiple 2nds which we could later package for a 1st at the draft. We get good young NHL bodies along with pretty good prospects in Rask and McNeill. Thoughts ?
None of those teams do those trades. I don't think you're overvaluing them to a huge extent, but I do think you are moderately overestimating what other teams will pay for those dudes.

fallsviewafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:19 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I see Cammy bringing back a 1st, B prospect + a cap dump. I'd be pretty happy with that.
You are going to be dissapoint.

He is lucky to get a 1st ATM.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
You are going to be dissapoint.

He is lucky to get a 1st ATM.
He's definitely not helping his value right now. Think Armstrong's idea is a real possibility. I could see Burke targeting young players, instead of picks. If Cammy goes to Vancouver, for instance, I could see Burke asking for Booth + Kassian instead of a 1st + a crap prospect, probably about Kassian's value right now.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
He's definitely not helping his value right now. Think Armstrong's idea is a real possibility. I could see Burke targeting young players, instead of picks. If Cammy goes to Vancouver, for instance, I could see Burke asking for Booth + Kassian instead of a 1st + a crap prospect, probably about Kassian's value right now.
Vancouver wouldn't give up Kassian, even with Booth's contract being dumped.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Vancouver wouldn't give up Kassian, even with Booth's contract being dumped.
Example only

Old
01-10-2014, 02:04 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
I hate Kassian with a passion but even Gillies wouldnt do this (just for the optics). Trade Hodgson for Kassian, Hodgson plays awesome in buffalo, Kassian sucks, Trade Kassian for pending UFA Cammi, UFA Cammi leaves. Gillies insta-fired.

I hate Kassian.

Old
01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Volica

Quote:
I hate Kassian with a passion but even Gillies wouldnt do this (just for the optics). Trade Hodgson for Kassian, Hodgson plays awesome in buffalo, Kassian sucks, Trade Kassian for pending UFA Cammi, UFA Cammi leaves. Gillies insta-fired.

I hate Kassian.
On a side note, if Cammy helps them win one round, or puts up some points in the regular season... He looks good.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

I came up with my 2nd mock trade deadline that I hope is better than my first:
Cammalerri to LA for Frattin + 1st

Stempniak to Pits for Harrison Ruopp + 2nd

Galiardi + Berra + 4th to Washington for Neuvirth + Beagle

Russel to Ottawa for Gryba + 2nd

Glencross,Stajan,Jones
Hudler,Backlund,Frattin
Byron,Monohan,Colborne
Bouma,Beagle,Mcgratten

Giordano,Brodie
Smid,Wideman
Butler,Gryba

Neuvirth
Ramo

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
On a side note, if Cammy helps them win one round, or puts up some points in the regular season... He looks good.
Cammi is all heart and fire in the playoffs, i dont see him playing with the sisters as they have 0 of that.

Either way i dont think he would go to Vancouver. Itll be a team in the east most likely (Ottawa i hope)