HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the ducks still frozen in the ice at Centennial

Old
01-10-2014, 07:06 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Suter does something that Weber can't and visa versa. Neither are perfect.

You're just attached to the one that got away.

And as far as Weber not being elite, that's just flipping stupid.
agreed just put Weber up for trade and most of or not all of the GMs will fall on themselves trying to get him. The thing we have to remember we had Suter and Weber and Hamhuis and Rinne and we never been past the second round so something else is missing that is keeping from advancing ...you think maybe it's our ....no it couldn't be ....Our Offense....shocking!!!!

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
PFL615

It's not all on are offensive player ability. Half of it is coaching and playing style in my opinion. The line combos suck and so does the decision making. It's obvious since we are looking at a top 10 pick for the 2ns year in a row

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
agreed just put Weber up for trade and most of or not all of the GMs will fall on themselves trying to get him. The thing we have to remember we had Suter and Weber and Hamhuis and Rinne and we never been past the second round so something else is missing that is keeping from advancing ...you think maybe it's our ....no it couldn't be ....Our Offense....shocking!!!!
Just because we haven't had success with that makeup doesn't mean that the plan is fundamentally incorrect. Many successful teams prioritize building from the back end out. The Preds big problem is the lack of a guy like Toews, Kopitar, Getzlaf, etc... up the middle, IMO. Until we are capable of getting that franchise, or #1, center, our prospects are going to be limited. How we accomplish that without severely weakening our areas of strength (i.e. defense) will be a considerable challenge.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:35 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
It's not all on are offensive player ability. Half of it is coaching and playing style in my opinion. The line combos suck and so does the decision making. It's obvious since we are looking at a top 10 pick for the 2ns year in a row
Which makes me wonder, why was Cullen on the 4th line most of the night? He makes that beautiful pass to Smith and yet he's paired with Clune and Hendricks most of the night. Yeah, that makes sense. Bring in a guy to contribute and then pair him with grinders.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Which makes me wonder, why was Cullen on the 4th line most of the night? He makes that beautiful pass to Smith and yet he's paired with Clune and Hendricks most of the night. Yeah, that makes sense. Bring in a guy to contribute and then pair him with grinders.
Exactly what i am talking about. Cullen was playing like a beast then what happened? Trotz changed up the lines. Happens all the time. People wonder why this team blows ans is inconsistent?

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:26 PM
token grinder
Facts Get Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I thought he and Fisher were the 2 centers trotz referred to as hurt. $th line didn't have to take too many draws. I would start there...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote