HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don Maloney interview-WFAN

Old
01-24-2007, 12:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Don Maloney interview-WFAN

http://wfan.com/topic/play_window.ph...audioId=248531

The Rangers are not trading Prucha for Martin Rucinsky

Don't believe everything you read

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Thats good too hear. Anything else said in regards to trade rumors? Sorry if my posts don't make too much sense I just have 2 wisdom teeth yanked out like an hour ago lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 12:52 PM
bathgate

Maloney stated there would not be a Lindros or Bure type trade, that is, young assets for an aging player. He did say Dolan is committed to developing players. We'll see about that.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
does this mean prucha wont go to the pens for ryan malone either?

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:09 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:

Amazing how Maloney is always talking about relying on the young guys but the final product never shows it. ::sighs::: maybe THIS time his words will ring true and we'll see some pack boys come up to give this team a jolt..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:09 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
does this mean prucha wont go to the pens for ryan malone either?
If any deal makes sense long term,then the Rangers will make a trade

Old
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

He actually went on record saying specifically that they would NOT trade Staal for Forsberg.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
He actually went on record saying specifically that they would NOT trade Staal for Forsberg.
THANK GOD!!!! FORSBERG SUCKS!!!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The question about Staal for Forsberg comes from this moron-John Buccigross

Quote:
Marc Staal for Forsberg? I could see GM Glen Sather doing something like that. Is that smart? Maybe. Maybe not
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ohn&id=2739002

Old
01-24-2007, 02:28 PM
dave4

Quote:
Did that actually come up? I mean, did someone really ask that question? Would a GM (or assistant GM or mouthpiece or whatever it is Maloney does) actually consider that trade?

If that trade was thought about for more than one second, Sather goes from being an idiot to a GM intentionally sabotaging the team. Treason comes to mind.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Pizza

Really good to hear this from Maloney. Several things I really liked. Maybe I'll comment more later, but for now I just wanted to say how happy I am that Sather and Co. will stick to the "Mandate" of "build from within".

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post

If that trade was thought about for more than one second, Sather goes from being an idiot to a GM intentionally sabotaging the team. Treason comes to mind.
Dolan could.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:56 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Really good to hear this from Maloney. Several things I really liked. Maybe I'll comment more later, but for now I just wanted to say how happy I am that Sather and Co. will stick to the "Mandate" of "build from within".
Haven't heard the interview yet. Did he mention where the 'build from within' part comes to play here? Maybe it's me, but I'm not seeing a lot of that right now. Too much of our potential 'within' can't see the ice because they have people like Hall, Cullen, Roszival, Malik, Hossa, etc. in front of them.

When do we actually START building from within, and creating a mandate we can hopefully someday stick to?

Old
01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:

Don't believe everything you hear.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 03:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Don't believe everything you hear.
To each his own

Old
01-24-2007, 03:16 PM
trench23

Sorry guys, working in a big brick building prevents me from hearing the interview-- Did he mention anything about Kaspar being waived? or was that reported after the interview?

I would love to see Baranka play in NY... loved everything he did in the preaseason for what i saw, think he could be a stud up here.

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Great interview by Shmoozer.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
Sorry guys, working in a big brick building prevents me from hearing the interview-- Did he mention anything about Kaspar being waived? or was that reported after the interview?
That news came down today. The interview took place yesterday.

01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post

I would love to see Baranka play in NY... loved everything he did in the preaseason for what i saw, think he could be a stud up here.
Nope, must have been prior.

Actually, it IS a good interview. He not only says the right things, he says them emphatically. Mentions commitment from everyone within the organization. Says that the shift in philosophy really began last year and the reason the kids aren't up in droves is that they're trying to do it the right way and not rush anyone. Everyone at HFD has made progress and they will be bringing someone up in the next 7-10 days to join the big club. AND while he used the ol' "can't comment on other teams players" excuse multiple times, he actually broke down and did make the specific comment that they would not do a Staal for Forsberg trade. Stunning to hear, really. Listen to the interview when you get time - it will make you feel much better about the rebuild.

And then of course Sather could go out tomorrow and betray you, but still - you will have felt better at least for tonight.

Old
01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
shoothepuck

Not much faith in Satherland..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
in the hall

damn.. i am itching to hear this interview, could someone post a summary in the meantime.. it seems only bits and pieces are being posted.. i'm in class right now

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Fletch

I don't believe....

everything that's written, nor do I believe everything I hear. The proof's in the pudding.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
dave4

Quote:

Actually, it IS a good interview. He not only says the right things, he says them emphatically. Mentions commitment from everyone within the organization. Says that the shift in philosophy really began last year and the reason the kids aren't up in droves is that they're trying to do it the right way and not rush anyone. Everyone at HFD has made progress and they will be bringing someone up in the next 7-10 days to join the big club. AND while he used the ol' "can't comment on other teams players" excuse multiple times, he actually broke down and did make the specific comment that they would not do a Staal for Forsberg trade. Stunning to hear, really. Listen to the interview when you get time - it will make you feel much better about the rebuild.

And then of course Sather could go out tomorrow and betray you, but still - you will have felt better at least for tonight.
Listen I haven't heard the interview, and maybe if I did I'd be as convinced as you are. But I just can't imagine radio hosts accepting him saying this garbage when they haven't actually DONE anything they're talking about.

I mean, when he was talking about the rebuild, did anyone ask how claiming a 32-year old Jason Krog off waivers, and having him center the second line last game, and giving him more ice time than Petr Prucha, fit in with the grand rebuild? Did anyone ask him why Immonen isn't playing, when a bunch of no-talent older losers are? Did anyone ask about Renney overplaying a 38-year-old Shanahan so early in the season, and playing him so much on the PK, LIKE RENNEY SAID WOULDN'T HAPPEN, that he's already burnt out, and there's still a long way to go?

Maloney can come on and say whatever he wants. I guess the next step is Al Trautwig throwing softball questions at Sather during an 'exclusive' Isiah Thomas-like MSG interview.

But like someone said, the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding sucks. And from what I've read here, Maloney is lying about the pudding too, to make it seem better than it is.

Old
01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
damn.. i am itching to hear this interview, could someone post a summary in the meantime.. it seems only bits and pieces are being posted.. i'm in class right now
I think most of the main points have been hit. Additionally:

- The team has faced a lot more adversity than last year. Ex. Jagr's shoulder injury.

- You will see Girardi this season. Baranka, he feels, needs to show more consistency.

- The team is structured in a way that the vets who log the most ice time have to get the job done. 8-10 young guys could come up right now and play, but the team only goes as far as Shanny and the top line will take it.

- Prucha is a very important part of the future. The organization has not lost faith in him. He's not untradeable, but will only be dealt for a package that helps the team long term.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Dave & Fletch - c'mon guys, read the last line of my post again. I'm not saying it's so; I'm just saying he said all the right things and was very emphatic about it.

He didn't specifically address Immonen or Krog, but spoke in generalities about HFD and how they didn't think the kids were ready earlier and how he thinks they're in a different place now developmentally than they were at the beginning of the season. He mentioned specific guys by name that he thinks will be with the big club by the end of the year. He said they'll call someone up in the next 7-10 days. He said specifically that they won't trade Staal for Forsberg. It's about as good as I've ever heard. And Schmoozer doesn't toss softballs - he asked about specific rumors and specific prospects. Listen to the interview and you'll like what you hear.

But I ended with the last line of my previous post for a reason.