HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2014, 10:22 AM
  #276
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yet other teams make moves all the time. Poile is just waiting on the perfect deal.
Exactly. The conservative ways of this franchise have absolutely bit us in the ass.. Like, chomped the whole ass off

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:23 PM
  #277
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Did I mention, in reference to my issues from earlier in this thread, that I got a new car?

Sometimes, you have to realize that you can't hold on to something forever.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 09:01 PM
  #278
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,631
vCash: 500
Rinne, if he qualified in both stats, would rank 14th in goals against average and 19th in save percentage among 47 qualifying goaltenders (counting Rinne) in the league. Mazanec would rank 35th and 39th in those categories, respectively, while Hutton would rank 40th and 42nd. If Rinne, at his pre-injury pace, played all of Hutton and Mazanec's minutes, the difference would be 11 goals against (80 vs. 91). Knock those 11 goals off our total and we go from 129 to 118 - 13th in the West to 8th, and we probably turn three losses into wins and sit a point out of a playoff spot on this idle night rather than 7 back and fading.

That kind of dramatic change in a team's quality in goal will radically alter results. That doesn't mean the team lacks intensity or passion, and you can't really blame the defense for not being Jesus on wheat. It just means the goalies are bad. Trading our best player won't solve it, nor will firing our coach. This was the risk the organization took when they invested so much in Rinne, and sometimes people take risks and get burned. That's the nature of a risk.

When I look at those numbers, I seriously doubt the dismissal of Trotz that so many people are clamoring for - myself included - would change much. The goalies would still make mistakes, still get burned, and still cost the team games.

Honestly, there isn't much choice at this point other than ride it out and take what comes, but the team has been really poorly managed from a macro perspective, and that's on Poile. He doesn't have the cap space to go get a goalie, which is something he should have done in the off-season rather than putting all his chips on Rinne coming off surgery, and he lacks that cap space because he has spent so much money on checking forwards, spare parts, and Stalberg, who has been a complete dud (disappointingly, but not that shockingly).

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:45 PM
  #279
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Could we PLEASE get a GM who recognizes forward talent and drafts it! A new head coach would be good too.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:28 PM
  #280
twig
Registered User
 
twig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
FIRE ...... fire fire fire ....IRRREEEE !!!!!!! $#&^*

twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:54 PM
  #281
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,577
vCash: 500
6 wins in our last 20 games

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
  #282
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
6 wins in our last 20 games
Do you get the feeling that our management doesn't have any guts or doesn't care

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:15 PM
  #283
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Do you get the feeling that our management doesn't have any guts or doesn't care
1. Poile is probably busy with Team USA.
2. They don't have the guts.
3. Poile strikes me as the kind of guy who will only make a move if it is perfect. I would guess he is shopping around, but won't deal for quite a while.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
  #284
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
I think they fully believe this season is because Peka was hurt and they are not going to do a darn thing until a seasob like this happens when Peka is healthy.
Plenty of other teams have played with back up goalies this year and have been just fine. Why because they have good coaching and adapt.
This team is going to ride on excuses and live on having the special longest tenured coach in the NHL

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
  #285
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Do you get the feeling that our management doesn't have any guts or doesn't care
Realistically the only change you're going to get at this point is a coaching change. Even if this is more on Poile than it is on Trotz, there's only so much that a GM can do mid-season to change the course of a team (and drastic/panic moves could just create more harm in the long-term anyway). So the question is whether this is on Trotz, and if a new coach would be able to make up any substantial ground in the next 3 months.

Frankly, I think Rinne coming back could solve some of the woes, but who knows when that will be.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
  #286
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Yep, Peka is going to hide this teams lack of coaching and strategy again when he gets back. Sadly, i doubt it's going to happen this year.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:37 PM
  #287
Predsfan78
Ambassador
 
Predsfan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Yep, Peka is going to hide this teams lack of coaching and strategy again when he gets back. Sadly, i doubt it's going to happen this year.
It's Pekka.

Predsfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
  #288
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I think they fully believe this season is because Peka was hurt and they are not going to do a darn thing until a seasob like this happens when Peka is healthy.
Plenty of other teams have played with back up goalies this year and have been just fine. Why because they have good coaching and adapt.
This team is going to ride on excuses and live on having the special longest tenured coach in the NHL
And this is the problem with the team and franchise, there always seems to be an excuse. One guy goes down and it's, well, we were without so and so. I love how they use Josi and Weber as being out as a big deal. Josi missed some time but Weber was out what, a week and they use that as a reason why we haven't been good this year. It's a freaking joke. There is no accountability.

Funny thing is if you read other people's opinions outside of this fan base, many were offended at Trotz going off on Hutton and many think Trotz and Poile need to be gone. It's not just us that see this problem. If only management saw it. I still can't get over the email I received from Sean Henry about this and that he believes in the guys running the team. If he feels they're going in the right direction, I think he's going to be sadly let down by the team and the fan base. I think when someone like myself who loved going and would go to games on my death bed is not interested in stepping foot inside 501, something is wrong. It ain't me I can tell you that.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
  #289
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And this is the problem with the team and franchise, there always seems to be an excuse. One guy goes down and it's, well, we were without so and so. I love how they use Josi and Weber as being out as a big deal. Josi missed some time but Weber was out what, a week and they use that as a reason why we haven't been good this year. It's a freaking joke. There is no accountability.

Funny thing is if you read other people's opinions outside of this fan base, many were offended at Trotz going off on Hutton and many think Trotz and Poile need to be gone. It's not just us that see this problem. If only management saw it. I still can't get over the email I received from Sean Henry about this and that he believes in the guys running the team. If he feels they're going in the right direction, I think he's going to be sadly let down by the team and the fan base. I think when someone like myself who loved going and would go to games on my death bed is not interested in stepping foot inside 501, something is wrong. It ain't me I can tell you that.
Depends on what ownership's expectations were for the season. If they expected us to be a playoff team, then yeah, they've clearly got their head in the clouds. If they expected it to be a challenging year, and the team might be looking at a lottery pick again, well, there wouldn't be any real reason for them to make changes.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
  #290
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Depends on what ownership's expectations were for the season. If they expected us to be a playoff team, then yeah, they've clearly got their head in the clouds. If they expected it to be a challenging year, and the team might be looking at a lottery pick again, well, there wouldn't be any real reason for them to make changes.
Then why the need for excuses? If they were expecting bigger things, winners don't make excuses. If they thought they'd be bad, why use the injury excuse, there's no reason for it. All they would have to say is we're where we thought we'd be at this time and no further explanation would be needed.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
  #291
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
I sure don't see LA or Chicago for starters have any problem when their goaltender was out. No excuses adapted.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:39 PM
  #292
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Then why the need for excuses? If they were expecting bigger things, winners don't make excuses. If they thought they'd be bad, why use the injury excuse, there's no reason for it. All they would have to say is we're where we thought we'd be at this time and no further explanation would be needed.
I doubt many teams are going to come out and say they expected to be also-rans and that another wasted season fits within their long-term plans. At least, not if they expect any fan support moving forward. I also think that even with an under talented team, having a guy like Rinne in net always gives the team a chance to be competitive and take a run at a playoff spot. Poor as the team has performed, you replace Hutton and Maz with Rinne in even a handful of games over the last couple of months and you're pretty easily sitting 8-10 points up of where we are now.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
  #293
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I sure don't see LA or Chicago for starters have any problem when their goaltender was out. No excuses adapted.
Those are two of the most complete teams top-to-bottom in the league. I don't really see how they are apt comparisons.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
  #294
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Depends on what ownership's expectations were for the season. If they expected us to be a playoff team, then yeah, they've clearly got their head in the clouds. If they expected it to be a challenging year, and the team might be looking at a lottery pick again, well, there wouldn't be any real reason for them to make changes.
They've fell on injury bug for years. They said the short season and the injuries. That doesn't explain the money spent on the grinders if they didn't think they weren't going to the playoffs. Nobody spends money on grinders if they don't think they are a playoff team.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:54 PM
  #295
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
They've fell on injury bug for years. They said the short season and the injuries. That doesn't explain the money spent on the grinders if they didn't think they weren't going to the playoffs. Nobody spends money on grinders if they don't think they are a playoff team.
Well, if you're looking at rolling quite a bit of youth into your offense over a couple of seasons, it isn't a poor investment to bring in some steady, strong work ethic guys to play the tough minutes. I'm not sure if that was the plan, but I'd rather see that than dumping inexperienced guys into the bottom 6 minutes and get waxed even worse than we are now. For example, Lombardi brought in guys like Michal Handzus, Kyle Calder, Scott Thornton, Matt Ellis, Brian Willsie back around '08. But who knows what the plan is...I don't really expect them to honestly share it with us.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  #296
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Then why the need for excuses? If they were expecting bigger things, winners don't make excuses. If they thought they'd be bad, why use the injury excuse, there's no reason for it. All they would have to say is we're where we thought we'd be at this time and no further explanation would be needed.
The real reason is that they don't won't to spend high dollar for players they were trapped with Weber or he'd be gone. That may be the only reason they are still here in Nashville. Holding down the cost

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  #297
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
The real reason is that they don't won't to spend high dollar for players they were trapped with Weber or he'd be gone. That may be the only reason they are still here in Nashville. Holding down the cost
When why did we spend stupid money on a bunch of redundant grinders?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM
  #298
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
The thing that is sad is that the one's who post on this board are real fans and we have lost hope. We all would go to as many games as possible. Not everyone who enters the building is a diehard. They go to have something to do. But the furor of the diehards is contagious and the in betweens feed off of us and our enthusiasm. When our internal fire are dimmed then we can't spread the flame. Management doesn't recognize this

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:27 PM
  #299
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Those are two of the most complete teams top-to-bottom in the league. I don't really see how they are apt comparisons.
True that's why i said "for starters" i can name several others if need be. I'm sure then it will still be oh they are a better team.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:34 PM
  #300
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
True that's why i said "for starters" i can name several others if need be. I'm sure then it will still be oh they are a better team.
Well, probably. Still, at a certain point, a team can't be reliant on the health of one player for their success. While we'd be closer to contention with Rinne healthy, and our backups haven't been stellar, the players need to find a way to get it done.

But we just don't compare to an LA or Chicago even if fully healthy.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.