HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upshall re-assigned to Milwaukee for conditioning

Old
01-24-2007, 03:46 PM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
Upshall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
sullivan is made of glass too, and he works out ok.

i just don't think its likely that hartnell will be staying in NSH, so i would like to see upshall stay and get a chance.

if he is hurt all the time and can't score so be it, but i think they are still deep enough at F to try him out. if he does not work, nothing lost.
Well, I know I have not seen as much of him up there as down here, but for me, Scottie's problem is just as much mental as physical. You need to just sit and watch him and his head shaking, shoulder shrugging, pouting, etc. on the bench and on the ice. It's comical sometimes. I think he is a good player, with a lot of potential, but I just think he is a head - case that needs some strong coaching to get him to where a team needs him to be to be an everyday third or second line guy...(which I would hope eventually most would like him to be...) IMO.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I don't understand all of this "Hartnell probably won't be here" stuff.

I think he'll be a lot easier to re-sign than Kariya, personally.
karyia found a rebirth of his game in NSH and has a chance to win a cup there. i think he stays. plus he is a priority to management.

hartnell wants to get more ice and be more of a go to guy, so i think he is more likely to leave. plus it wa she and not karyia rumore dto get shipped out due to forard depth on the team.

but you could be right. i am just speculating.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
Well, I know I have not seen as much of him up there as down here, but for me, Scottie's problem is just as much mental as physical. You need to just sit and watch him and his head shaking, shoulder shrugging, pouting, etc. on the bench and on the ice. It's comical sometimes. I think he is a good player, with a lot of potential, but I just think he is a head - case that needs some strong coaching to get him to where a team needs him to be to be an everyday third or second line guy...(which I would hope eventually most would like him to be...) IMO.
sounds very possible. many young players struggle to find their place. if he is doing that stuff on the bench his head is clearly not in the flow of the game. career wise i think he is a third liner, but i think he has good grit and skill. if he can just learn to stand in front of the net on the PP and gain some muscle he will be a great asset.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote