HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Portland Pirates AHL - Phoenix Coyotes Minor League Affiliate II

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2013, 09:03 AM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Good to see.. doesnt happen too often.. trying to remember the last time. Maybe a goalie?
I looked it up. For some reason I though Yanick Lehoux was it but I was way off. Visentin won a week last year. Last Coyotes prospect to win player of the week before that was Jeff Taffe 03-04.

Old
12-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
FINAL: Pirates 4, Monarchs 1. Scoring – MAN: Bishop (2) | POR: Lessio (6 PP, 7 PP), Shinnimin (5), Miele (EN 12)

Old
12-26-2013, 11:24 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Looks like maybe Lessio is turning it around.

Old
12-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Just once I'd like to see us have a prospering farm team. I'd trade people to fix the farm. It's just as important long-term as fixing our bottom six or adding a scoring winger is short term. And a hell of a lot easier.
So true! A successful NHL club starts with a professional, successful farm team...

The development of the prospects of this organization is not optimal. Individually they may be OK once they move onto the show (i.e. Hanzal, Yandle, OEL, ...) but the lack of any sort of consistent expectation to do well with the farm team seems to carry onto the parent club. For the Coyotes top affiliate, failure always seems to be a viable option.

Old
12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I looked it up. For some reason I though Yanick Lehoux was it but I was way off. Visentin won a week last year. Last Coyotes prospect to win player of the week before that was Jeff Taffe 03-04.
Ah thanks! must be the goalie I was thinking of.

Ten years ago was the one before that? Jeez.

Old
12-28-2013, 05:55 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Ah thanks! must be the goalie I was thinking of.

Ten years ago was the one before that? Jeez.
Thats was my line of thought. Also noticed Tim Kennedy happened to do it twice in a two year period.

Old
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC96 View Post
Good for Miels.
Both he and Brown (and Lessio if he continues to progress for a couple of months) probably deserve a shot at the big club some time in the Spring. Unless we can acquire that top-6 wing that's been missing this year. If that can be remedied from within, then it would be the ideal long term solution. But it's tough for a young player and a new-coming to the system with Tippett.

Old
12-31-2013, 06:41 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
3-2 SO W V. PRO (12/22);

4-1 L @ ALB (12/28);

CURRENTLY 3-2 V. Bridgeport 3RD;

Shinnimin blindsided by Cantin, assessed match penalty;

SZWARZ/LESSIO PPG on match major;

Brule/Szwarz assigned by PHX, Brown to PHX

Old
01-03-2014, 04:05 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Saturday's gm moved to Wednesday per MILE One Center presser.

Old
01-03-2014, 05:53 PM
letowskie

We really should give Miele an extended look on the wing of Rib or Vermette.

We know that Tippett is extremely unlikely to give him a spot at C on the Yotes. But his skills have got to help us in some way, given the recent ineptness at scoring, and general malaise among many of our forwards. Brown didn't look too good; why not give Miele a try on the wing, maybe he can spring some life back into one of the lines.

With Doan returning, if we have 1-2 more good winger that contributes offensively and can play the system, we should be able to roll 3 lines. Then scoring would come much easier; right now it's like squeezing tooth paste.

Old
01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

IN St. John's for three straight nights;

gm 1 was a 3-1 L; Miele G (15);

GM 2 is in progress as Brett Hextall (6)/Tobias Rieder (10) Have tallied entering the 2nd period;

5-4 W;

Gm 3 in progress

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 01-07-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Kaibur

That third game against St. John's was quite a game to watch. The St. John's feed and the announcer's berating of Koharski in the second and his apologies in the third were awesome.

McMillan had a glorious opportunity to tie it from the low slot with the extra attacker, but Pasquale's save was brilliant and the crowd lit into chants for him, even after the empty net goal.

Sucks for Domingue, but pretty dramatic game. Gormley's feed to Rieder was a head's up play. That low, accurate shot-pass is going to be his bread and butter in the NHL.

Old
01-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

blows my mind how Koharski still has a job

Old
01-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Kaibur

Sucks that they gave up the lead twice and lost in the shootout. They just seem like such a young, inexperienced team, and don't look confident at all.

Martinook is such a good third line pest. He's always causing bobbles on the forecheck and mucking in the corners causing turnovers. He doesn't look like he has the hands to be much more, but that might be enough to get him to the show.

Lessio-Miele-Szwarz
Rieder-McMillan-Brown
Werek-Martinook-Hextall

Those seemed like the forward lines most of the night last night.

Old
01-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Lessio was the only player that stood out to me lastnight,

He does have some skill.

Old
01-11-2014, 03:59 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I'd like to see him get another shot over Kennedy.

Old
01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Grimes

Quote:
I'd like to see him get another shot over Kennedy.
Agreed. I still see Korpi upside in him. For those who have been watching more Pirates games, how is his two way play?

Old
01-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Kaibur

They may want to consider giving Rieder a look. Both he and Lessio are producing at about the same clip and they're the same age. I like the way they're breeding some internal competition, even if it means Portland is very inexperienced this year. Rieder has been noticeable in the games I've seen him in this year.

Domingue has been dominant at times during his AHL stint this season. Nice to see him bounce back from losing his first game in regulation by blanking Bridgeport.

I was a little surprised when Brisebois threw that big hit in the 1st last night. I didn't think that was really a part of his game.

I'm giving the thumbs down to that stadium in Lewiston. Those benches are across from each other, rather than beside, and they need to be learning to manage their 2nd period line changes at the speed of the pro level. I didn't realize that the actual game play was being effected by the stadium squabbles.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Bure80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Lessio-Miele-Szwarz
Rieder-McMillan-Brown
Werek-Martinook-Hextall

Those seemed like the forward lines most of the night last night.
Rieder played 3line the last games.

Old
01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure80 View Post
Rieder played 3line the last games.
I didn't watch the lines super close from last night's game. I did notice that Shinnimin didn't see a lot of ice time. And also it's a little strange that Szwarz is on Miele's line, although I guess the organization is thinking he might develop enough scoring ability to top out as a 3rd liner in the NHL. We seem to have a lot of forward prospects and the lines are juggled, but other than Miele, no one is really a dominant threat in the offensive zone at the AHL level.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:25 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Domingue has been dominant at times during his AHL stint this season. Nice to see him bounce back from losing his first game in regulation by blanking Bridgeport.
I wonder if Visentin or Domingue might be ready for an experiment splitting duties with one of Smith/Greiss a few weeks from now. Our goal-tending has been cratering in the last few games against any non-doormat opponent. And both of these have been playing reasonably well in Portland....

Old
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
I didn't watch the lines super close from last night's game. I did notice that Shinnimin didn't see a lot of ice time. And also it's a little strange that Szwarz is on Miele's line, although I guess the organization is thinking he might develop enough scoring ability to top out as a 3rd liner in the NHL. We seem to have a lot of forward prospects and the lines are juggled, but other than Miele, no one is really a dominant threat in the offensive zone at the AHL level.
apparently you need to listen to Pirate games more, Kaibur, you'd know that Shinnimin got blindsided a few games back in the 1st Bridgeport gm and has a concussion.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Jakey53

Can anyone tell me how Gormley has been playing? How is his game compared to Murphy?

Old
01-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
apparently you need to listen to Pirate games more, Kaibur, you'd know that Shinnimin got blindsided a few games back in the 1st Bridgeport gm and has a concussion.
I've only recently got the AHL Live feeds and I don't always get to catch the whole game before Yotes games start. Thanks for the info.

They've given Gormley a load of time in the 3 or 4 games I've caught. Every situation. They've had him paired with Daine Todd, which I don't really understand. Though Murphy would probably be paired with him if he was still in Portland.

Old
01-16-2014, 11:33 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Springfield Tonight.

Closed Thread