HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff for Voracek

Old
01-11-2014, 12:29 AM
The_Chosen_One

vCash: 500
Big Buff is pretty underrated. Unlike other great offensive defenceman, he is heavily used in tough defensive assignments. He seems more time on the PK unit than Bogosian, and sees more tougher competition. I think his defensive game is very underrated, and if traded, he'll be used in that manner.

Give him a stronger partner, and I could see it working. Personally, I'd like to acquire him and put him on our top pairing.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
Give him a stronger partner, and I could see it working. Personally, I'd like to acquire him and put him on our top pairing.
He has a strong partner and he's last on the team in +/-. Winnipeg is moving him to forward the next game to "shake things up".

Do not want...

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:04 AM
The_Chosen_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
He has a strong partner and he's last on the team in +/-. Winnipeg is moving him to forward the next game to "shake things up".

Do not want...
He's the best amongst defenceman in terms of CORSI Rel QoC. In other words, he's facing the top possession drivers and that really explains his +/- numbers. Since Enstrom is playing weaker minutes, it's pretty obvious that his move up front has a lot to do with Winnipeg's forward core being a mess. In fact, he's the top scorer on a team that isn't quite strong in terms of GF.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:02 AM
KingDiamonds Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
For some reason Jets fans think Buff will bring back an elite return, top 6 foward, prospect + 1st. Personally I don't think a lot of GMs have any interest in Buff, but I'm sure there are a few that would still like to have him.

I think majority of Jets fans would say absolutey no to this.

And i cant think of any Flyers fan that would say yes to it.

-KDG

KingDiamonds Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:11 AM
CTU2fan

I don't hate Buff and wouldn't mind the Flyers getting him, but they really can't afford to move Voracek.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post

Do not want...
Clitsome/Ellerby/Pardy are considered strong partners nowadays?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
This is laughable. Voracek is worth more than buff who cant even play defensive hockey.
Unfortunately I think it's true. Buff has his one main wart and it's that he just doesn't think the game fast enough in the defensive zone. He sometimes can forget to tie up a guy's stick in front. In a sheltered role on a competitive team, he would be a star because he is a net positive playing top competition and a big point producer. A very versatile guy that has played forward too.

The only way I can see a team trading for him is as a piece to help put them over the top. One that is strong enough to play him 2nd pair, with a reliable partner, and on the PP.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
Big Buff is pretty underrated. Unlike other great offensive defenceman, he is heavily used in tough defensive assignments. He seems more time on the PK unit than Bogosian, and sees more tougher competition. I think his defensive game is very underrated, and if traded, he'll be used in that manner.

He is so good at defense, they are trying him at forward next game! Lol

Looks like Winnipeg can't get what they want in a trade for him so are trying to see if they can get a 1st line winger anyways by converting him back to forward.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
He is so good at defense, they are trying him at forward next game! Lol

Looks like Winnipeg can't get what they want in a trade for him so are trying to see if they can get a 1st line winger anyways by converting him back to forward.
Trying him at forward because Kane is injured and he's talented enough offensively to fill a top 6 role while we have an abundance of defenseman who can slot wherever to make it work.

Good HFLogic though.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote