HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

tsn has report kasparaitis waived

Old
01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
how does Malik not get waived is beyond me. If Sather thinks this bum has more trade value than Kasper, he must be smoking something really good. Yes Kasper's contract is more than Malik, but Kasper also brings alot more to the table than Malik.

kasper does not bring more to the table. his contract next year is terrible, and malik is a lot easier to trade at this point. that being said, you are wrong.......not front page news, but consistency is key

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:50 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
kasper does not bring more to the table. his contract next year is terrible, and malik is a lot easier to trade at this point. that being said, you are wrong.......not front page news, but consistency is key
Can anyone see Leetch coming, there has always been word that he was looking at coming back around all-star break, coincidence?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
NYCLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Can anyone see Leetch coming, there has always been word that he was looking at coming back around all-star break, coincidence?

I can see him coming to the Hall of Fame.

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

This is a good move but it's two months too late...

The second he says something about going to hartford (and you know he will) i'd send him to the checkers...

He didn't show up in shape...he played awful hockey....he griped to the media...

best of luck....

on a side note...

malik has been terrible but imho he can be traded..a team would trade something for him with defenseman being at a premium around the league...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:41 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
There were a lot of people who felt that way here at the time. I was surprised that it wasn't.
If we still had Holik the 2nd line center isues would be resloved

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deville View Post
If we still had Holik the 2nd line center isues would be resloved
then shanny isn't here...

are you forgetting how much Holik was being paid?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 08:36 PM
NYR Battaglia

Looks like there maybe alot of players comming from Hartford.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

NYR Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Not a bad move...but Kasper definitley does bring more to the table than Malik. The simple fact that he is half the guys size and can still throw a solid check says it all. The other aspects of their game are pretty even...besides the fact that Kasper also clears guys out of the net every once in a while

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Richter35

loved you kasper, but it was time. i kinda wanted him to make to the end of the season at least, but i also want leetch back so that shows how i may let my sentimentality for the guys i watched as a kid get in the way. if slats can move hall for something right now he'd be doing well for himself, but as an aside, am i the only one who thinks prucha/hall for orpik/malone is retarded? i mean first off, whens the last time ryan malone scored 30 goals? orpik may be a good d, but he aint top 2 material and thats that only thing i think a guy with prucha's potential should be moved for. it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the next few weeks, but at least someone has realized that there is dead weight on this team that has to go. hopefully its not too late.

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Leetch is skating at the training center right now. Who cares if he hasn't played competitive hockey in 8 months? He could easily step on the ice right now and become the Rangers #1 defensemen.

01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Leetch is skating at the training center right now. Who cares if he hasn't played competitive hockey in 8 months? He could easily step on the ice right now and become the Rangers #1 defensemen.
He's skating at the Rangers training center or up near Boston where he lives?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
The other aspects of their game are pretty even
that's debatable, and Kaspar is no better at clearing the front of the net.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
blueliner94

Quote:
Honestly I would take him back if only we get rid of big foot. Then I have nooo problem at all.

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
He's skating at the Rangers training center or up near Boston where he lives?
I am sorry - I thought the sarcasm was obvious?

Here ya go:

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
I am sorry - I thought the sarcasm was obvious?

Here ya go:
I'm on Vicodin or however its spelt for my teeth (had my wisdom teeth yanked) so I am surpised I am making sentences that make any sense, let alone tell if there is sarcasim in peoples posts lol.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:14 AM
eco's bones

Well Kaspar not playing with such a contract--no point in keeping him around. I haven't been that impressed with Krog either and Hall has been horrible. And there's Orr--so to me there's plenty of waiver material to bring other players up. You know if you're really worried about losing a vet who's playing like crap by putting him through waivers you're never going to get anywhere as a team. Some of these guys I suppose just never took to the new NHL and they could be great guys but ...c'est la vie. As for Malik--he's been horrible too--something tells me he's going to stick around though maybe we'll trade him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:37 AM
dynamoovechkin

Ah Kasper, sorry to see you go. To me, he was the Ulf Samuelsson of his day- absolutely HATED the guy when he played against us, but marvelled at what he brought to our team when he was here. At the very least he brought some levity to a pretty quiet dressing room, and mentored Fedor, which actually means a lot.

Now, that being said, the writing was on the wall with Renney's disatisfaction with his being out of shape after the surgery, and truly, he had nothing this year. It was time- some say long past due, but with the lack of toughness on this team and we're so thin on D, I'm sure mgmt was hoping he would round into form. It just never happened. Good move, good timing. I just came to appreciate Kaspar, and hate to see his career end on a sour note.

I remember thinking to myself that after that loss to Atlanta that some changes were on the way. Hopefully Sather is alive and kicking somewhere...

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:30 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

I am and no one should be surprised, both that he was waived and that he has struggled. My son had the same surgery and the doc, who I assume is the same one that did kasper's as he's the best in the country and perfected the procedure, tell you that it takes 6-8 weeks to get back to playing your sport. Now my kid had a double procedure because he played with the tear the whole season and ended up teraing the other side of the groin, it took him longer than 8 weeks. When he got back he was a shell of his former self. He lost a step, was not as agile. Practicing and playing and working out eventually got him back, but it was like 6 months.

Now he's fine, actually better. I have taken the view that Kasper should have been placed on LTI and sent to HArtford at the start of the season. Recalled arounf thanksgiving or christmas. He the mean time let Pock show what he has. But that didn't happen. We know what they did and now it plays out the way it has. Too bad. Kasper was a good guy. But, his kind of game may be obsolete in the revised NHL>

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
how does Malik not get waived is beyond me. If Sather thinks this bum has more trade value than Kasper, he must be smoking something really good. Yes Kasper's contract is more than Malik, but Kasper also brings alot more to the table than Malik.
They wanna keep him in case they go again to a 15th or whatever round of Shootout

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
ahh dental problems. I just got 2 wisdom teeth yanked out. I feel like I could play some hockey right now if i was still playin college hockey, what a panzy (lol jk). Probably feel like I could play right now cuz im doped up on Viconin or how ever its spelt lol
The thing is, he had a couple root canals... were it wisdom teeth, he'd be expected to miss maybe 1-3 games. I've had root canals and they cause no pain/discomfort/grogginess afterward beside the novacaine. Those procedures are like more intricate fillings - that's it. He was benched 'cause he was horrible at that point (not much better now). Lost nine lbs. "Malik lost nine pounds as a result of a root canal" - that's where I stopped taking Micheletti seriously.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:01 PM
clmetsfan

Girardi will get the call...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-414258c.html

but he has to pass through re-entry waivers. Hopefully no one claims him.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:04 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Girardi will get the call...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-414258c.html

but he has to pass through re-entry waivers. Hopefully no one claims him.
Didn't another blogger say that Girardi did not have to pass through waivers? And that Dellipenia or however its spelt is retarded and wrong when he stated that Girardi had to go through waivers. All these bloggers makes things too difficult to understand lol

Old
01-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Did not have to pass through waivers and has already joined the team.

Come on guys. The information is already here. Read before you post.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
VisionQuest*

Im glad Kaspar has a good attitude about it...

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Sather Hater

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but according to TSN Ice Chips-

D Darius Kasparaitis has cleared waivers. - TSN

Sather Hater is offline   Reply With Quote