HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2014, 11:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
Blues fan here, Didn't see the game last night, but I was looking at the Box score and saw Hornquist only played 9 minutes last night. Did he get injured? Surely it wasn't a line demotion because he has been playing very well lately. Any update would be appreciated.
He had a turnover and Trotz benched him..

Just kidding, a little. Yes, he was injured.

Old
01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He had a turnover and Trotz benched him..

Just kidding, a little. Yes, he was injured.
He took a puck off the foot on a point shot. The fact he didn't return means he will miss a few games because he shakes those things off all the time and plays on.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Dirk Hoag of On The Forecheck on today's MvsW (sans Marek) ... starting around 41:30

Old
01-10-2014, 04:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm done guys, hit me up on facebook if you need too.

After 12 or so years here, I'm just done on this site.

Old
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:

Don't blame you. I'm on the verge of being done myself

Old
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Don't blame you. I'm on the verge of being done myself
It's pretty hard to read or post here right now, agreed. Everybody is extremely negative.

Old
01-10-2014, 04:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
It's pretty hard to read or post here right now, agreed. Everybody is extremely negative.
It's Not just that. It's also the fact that you can't even vent or express your own opinion without someone trying to come in and tell you that you're absolutely wrong. And some people go about It the wrong way and attack other posters directly. It's become absolutely terrible on these boards. Just as bad as the Preds play.. Actually worse

I've been a fan since day one, I've known every team we have ever iced and I know the sport. I don't need some other poster(s) telling me I'm wrong an that my opinions are stupid.

Old
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
glenngineer

So here's my question. Guys who are offensively talented but make a gaffe with the puck that causes a turnover or doesn't follow the system. Guys are told to be defensively responsible. Do we have any guys that are told to be offensively responsible? Say they're on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 and we don't get a good scoring chance, does the offensively challenged player get benched or ripped in the media? Why aren't guys who are good defensively but suck offensively held to the same standards as the guys who are good offensively but suck defensively? I know, there's a lot of sarcasm with this but seriously, if you're good defensively, you can pretty much do anything on the ice but if you're offensive and you screw up in the least bit defensively you sit, I don't get that line of thinking. Discuss.

Old
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
PFL615

That's easy. Coach Trotz has a one style brain (defense)
He is not held to any standard it appears and does whatever he wants without repercussion.

Old
01-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
It's Not just that. It's also the fact that you can't even vent or express your own opinion without someone trying to come in and tell you that you're absolutely wrong. And some people go about It the wrong way and attack other posters directly. It's become absolutely terrible on these boards. Just as bad as the Preds play.. Actually worse

I've been a fan since day one, I've known every team we have ever iced and I know the sport. I don't need some other poster(s) telling me I'm wrong an that my opinions are stupid.
Goes beyond that though. Too many folks more concerned with being "right" than with just talking hockey and enjoying the company of other Preds fans. I enjoy a lot of the insight that can only be received by hanging out with other Preds fans, but the rush to "told you so" and belittling other opinions, both from pessimists and optimists alike makes it a pretty unwelcoming environment. We're not all going to agree with each other, and sometimes our perspectives and insights ARE wrong, but I wish it could get back to being more regularly done with some respect and grace. I'm quite the Pollyanna though.

Old
01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So here's my question. Guys who are offensively talented but make a gaffe with the puck that causes a turnover or doesn't follow the system. Guys are told to be defensively responsible. Do we have any guys that are told to be offensively responsible? Say they're on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 and we don't get a good scoring chance, does the offensively challenged player get benched or ripped in the media? Why aren't guys who are good defensively but suck offensively held to the same standards as the guys who are good offensively but suck defensively? I know, there's a lot of sarcasm with this but seriously, if you're good defensively, you can pretty much do anything on the ice but if you're offensive and you screw up in the least bit defensively you sit, I don't get that line of thinking. Discuss.
Simplistically, if you suck offensively but do your job defensively, you're still at 0-0, and at worst, you get a point. If you suck defensively, you put the team in a hole, regardless of what you do offensively. Obviously it's more complicated than that, as teams (not even Barry's Preds) don't consistently play for 0-0 ties, but I tend to think it holds up on principle.

Old
01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

This is actually my last post here. I've requested my account be deleted and sponships terminated.

I've enjoyed the back and forth with many of you.

Enjoy all.

Old
01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Trig. You should stay. Just be more reclusive like myself :-). There are a few blowhards that haven't learned to tone themselves down. But. It's good to hear your opinion.

01-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Should stick around a while triggr. Become a floater like myself. It makes it alot easier to brush off ridiculous opinions if that's what's bothering you. If it's simply lack of time to get on here, then by all means, all the best to you. Cheers.

Old
01-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

What is the issue on the boards right now? Genuine question. I disagree with people sometimes, sure, but I still enjoy posting and discussing the team. If long time fans like trig and I Will Son and co. are this upset, I'm definitely concerned. Is it the opinions or how they're being presented? What opinions are making people so angry? With the team being this bad, it'd be great if we could make the board a place to re-fuel our passion and keep up interested, not add to the anger and disinterest.

Without starting a flame war, can we reasonable discuss what the issues are so we can fix them?

Old
01-11-2014, 01:20 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
This is actually my last post here. I've requested my account be deleted and sponships terminated.

I've enjoyed the back and forth with many of you.

Enjoy all.
you may not like me but wish you'd stay trigg.

Old
01-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

As a former global mod, I'll weigh in with this:

There are always two sides to a coin. Both sides are generally represented on the boards. You always see trolls from each perspective. You always have egotistical posters, etc.

What I see is a combination of things:

1) The Predators are struggling
2) Many posters with an eye for hockey strategy will present their opinion that calls for changes
3) We have an extreme group of loyalists that are dogged in both their pursuit of correcting every opinion and belittling other posters in a subtle way.

People don't come to be belittled. They come to discuss a team they are passionate about. Unfortunately, discussion is being killed quite thoroughly by a few posters who can't see past their own trumped up opinion.

The sad thing is, their is truth to both view points. But. If one side is agressive/bullying, it ends debate which is what these boards are for. I think you have seen a lot of our more rational, thoughtful, and intelligent-hockey posters leave over the last year or so due to this. I know that I can barely respond on these boards of late outside of a few game day posts.

Old
01-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

There are always two sides to a coin. Both sides are generally represented on the boards. You always see trolls from each perspective. You always have egotistical posters, etc.

2) Many posters with an eye for hockey strategy will present their opinion that calls for changes
3) We have an extreme group of loyalists that are dogged in both their pursuit of correcting every opinion and belittling other posters in a subtle way.

People don't come to be belittled. They come to discuss a team they are passionate about. Unfortunately, discussion is being killed quite thoroughly by a few posters who can't see past their own trumped up opinion.

The sad thing is, their is truth to both view points. But. If one side is agressive/bullying, it ends debate which is what these boards are for. I think you have seen a lot of our more rational, thoughtful, and intelligent-hockey posters leave over the last year or so due to this. I know that I can barely respond on these boards of late outside of a few game day posts.
Well, I think this is probably pretty close, but as a non-militant (hopefully) "loyalist," I see extremists on both sides. I'm not naive, I do want to see the Preds succeed, and I've watched hockey closely for 27 years, but feel like I'm treading eggshells every time I post.

Old
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
its a message board. if you enjoy coming here and posting, show up and post. if you don't, don't.

you can only control what you contribute.

there is an ignore feature on this platform for a reason.

Old
01-11-2014, 02:24 PM
MrMariusz

I actually think we have pretty calm fans compared to the chaos that is reigning over other boards of teams in similar situations.

Old
01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Well, I think this is probably pretty close, but as a non-militant (hopefully) "loyalist," I see extremists on both sides. I'm not naive, I do want to see the Preds succeed, and I've watched hockey closely for 27 years, but feel like I'm treading eggshells every time I post.
I agree with this.

Old
01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

Missed this post earlier (but thanks for Iron Duke) just saw and read it. I very much agree with this. Especially part 3.

Old
01-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Bright side: No matter how things get, we didn't just have a top prospect get sent down to his juniors team and refuse to report, meaning he now can't play in the NHL/AHL/KHL this year and won't play anywhere else. (Grigorenko)

Old
01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
PFL615

Another Russian hockey prospect with issues. Not shocked!

Old
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
its a message board. if you enjoy coming here and posting, show up and post. if you don't, don't.

you can only control what you contribute.

there is an ignore feature on this platform for a reason.
Exactly.

We have people here who make intelligent posts and support their claims from every perspective with a willingness to debate and discuss ideas. We have others who think any counter to their post is a personal attack.

Then there was the person who decided to make an account for the sole purpose of lampooning another member.

Closed Thread