HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Victor Hedman to MTL

Old
01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
mrinsane

vCash: 500
Hedman is not an All Star d-man but a #2 d-man .. Tampa could trade him for some assets but never for Subban or Galchy. He supposed to be the Zedno Chara but now he seems to be the next Niklas Kronwall with more hands.

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
IceDaddy
#MeltdownforMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Hedman is not an All Star d-man but a #2 d-man .. Tampa could trade him for some assets but never for Subban or Galchy. He supposed to be the Zedno Chara but now he seems to be the next Niklas Kronwall with more hands.
you know, I can understand this point of view cause he has been in the League so long. However, you are missing one important fact. He came into the league at 18 and is only 23 now. He is still 3-4 years away from being in his prime. The guy is a stud and would be the perfect D partner for Subban.

He would just cost far too much to aquire.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:02 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Patches + Tinordi and a 2014 2nd to Tampa for Hedman.
If we were a team like Nashville was a couple of years ago with 2 #1's in Suter and Weber were if we moved one to fill other needs I'd do it but we have nothing close to a comparable to Hedman.

Patches is the type of winger we actually lack, power forward LW. Malone was that till he regressed badly. What would it take, Killorn + Sustr?

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:05 AM
IceDaddy
#MeltdownforMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
If we were a team like Nashville was a couple of years ago with 2 #1's in Suter and Weber were if we moved one to fill other needs I'd do it but we have nothing close to a comparable to Hedman.

Patches is the type of winger we actually lack, power forward LW. Malone was that till he regressed badly. What would it take, Killorn + Sustr?

Drouin

seriously though, The Habs are small and in need of wingers with size. I cant imagine they would trade their best and biggest winger who happens to be on a real sweet deal for the next 6 years.

Old
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Drouin

seriously though, The Habs are small and in need of wingers with size. I cant imagine they would trade their best and biggest winger who happens to be on a real sweet deal for the next 6 years.
That's why I included both of them. Killorn is just an inch and a few pounds smaller then Patches and Sustr is 6'8, him and Tinordi would be the towers of terror.

Old
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I never get comments like this. Why do you have to be an All Star or Norris finalist to be considered a #1 D? Why is he not a true #1?

What has Galchy done to be worth more then him?

Old
01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
IceDaddy
#MeltdownforMathews

Quote:
I never get comments like this. Why do you have to be an All Star or Norris finalist to be considered a #1 D? Why is he not a true #1?

careful, you are about to enter the mrinsane vortex

Old
01-11-2014, 10:18 AM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
This is an odd thread.

I don't think anyone has actually proposed a package in four pages of posts (at least in terms of Hedman to MTL).
I don't think there is a reasonable package that would make sense for both team.
The Habs are in no position to trade forwards of any value for Hedman and the only Dman that has the type of value to get Hedman is a no start from the Habs.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Kulleroinen*

Galchenyuk+Pacioretty or Subban.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
jacks

Ryan/Spezza ,Wiercioch + 2014 2nd for Hedman.
Tampa can chose between Tyan or Spezza.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Necropolis
ainec

vCash: 50
Quote:

He's a number #1D but not a proven one. This season he has been one without a doubt and last season he was playing like a one until the last ~10 games which were quite bad IIRC.

And Galchenyuk definitely hasn't done anything to be worth more. I'd say that Hedman is better right now and also has more potential. Galchenyuk will be a 75+ point player IMO though so I can see why the Habs wouldn't trade him for Hedman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Ryan/Spezza ,Wiercioch + 2014 2nd for Hedman.
Tampa can chose between Tyan or Spezza.
Why would Tampa do this? Wiercioch isn't a bottom-pairing D (a good one though) and with Stamkos our offense is just fine. As much as I like both Ryan and Spezza, I wouldn't do this. Value though is all-right, just doesn't help Tampa's needs. It'd have to be Karlsson coming back for Hedman (and I'm not saying that Sens would do this).

Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 05:39 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Hedman just isn't for sale. We've got good depth, good prospects, and are playing well as a unit. Hedman IS a legit #1, top 15 defender in the league now, and I'd argue he's higher. He's just not for sale.
Totally acceptable.
Yeah, what I expected.
Just wanted to see if there was something between the ridiculous overpay you can't turn down and the hefty but do able overpay a team can consider.

Congrats, he's officially a foundation for your club.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote