HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What do we know about Vincent Loverde?

Old
01-09-2014, 11:25 AM
bmr

vCash: 500
What do we know about Vincent Loverde?

I noticed that Bodnarchuk has the highest +/- in the AHL this season. However, Loverde is still a +21 and has been paired with Bodnarchuk for most of the year. Does anyone know anything about this guy or seen him play? I'm not sure if that's mostly Bodnarchuk or if this guy is also really solid. It sure seems like he is mostly a + player based on his prior years.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
This is the ECHL guy, right?

Solid-if-unspectacular right-handed D-man that played at Alec Martinez's alma mater and had a good college career. Went undrafted, played decent in the USHL, and seems to be slowly making his way up. Watched him play with the Reign a few times and he was just kind of there (in a good way) eating minutes and making smart little plays. Glad to see that he's apparently doing well in the AHL, though one of our Manch folks could probably say more. Still fairly young, so who knows? Not really sure of his potential, he just seems very average in every way.

01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
"and he was just kind of there (in a good way) eating minutes and making smart little plays."
a good trait for a Dman. outside of big hits or goals, most good games for a Dman go largely unnoticed

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
a good trait for a Dman. outside of big hits or goals, most good games for a Dman go largely unnoticed
Exactly. And I imagine this is what he's doing with a good partner in the AHL, so I'm hoping someone can confirm that. Could be a potential late-bloomer steady d-man.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Incredibly steady. I remember watching him with the Reign where you could really see what a calming effect he had on that blue line.

Unspectacular about sums him up. He will be unnoticeable for all the right reasons. Good to see him playing well in the AHL. Was one of those guys that when I saw him play the first few times and then checked his college career...I was asking how someone didn't blow at least a 6th or 7th round pick on him.

01-10-2014, 12:31 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Unspectacular MOST times. Has a great ability to jump in the play at the right time. Doesn't do it a lot but when he does, it tends to lead to good things more often than not. Case in point was on Nick Deslauriers' beauty of an OT GWG earlier this year. All happened because Vinny was the first mad on the loose puck after Nick knocked down a defender. Fed him with a perfect pass.

Also has a point shot that isn't necessarily the hardest but seems to always cause good things. Keeps it low and gets it through traffic. So many garbage goal chances from his point shots.

Solid in his own zone. On the best pair for the team. Those two are stupid solid. Very good in their own zone due to their positioning and great teamwork with each other.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:51 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Also, this near the end.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/12/ahl-p...narchs-to-win/

Old
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
best part of that link is Andy stepping up for Jackman. that was outstanding just old school. no fartin' around and waiting, just skate over drop the mitts and start thumping on the guy for the cheap hit

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:48 AM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Thanks. Good piece of information. CNS, who do you think the most NHL-ready defensemen are in Manchester? And how would you classify their game?

Thanks again!

Last edited by bmr: 01-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.
bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
Thanks. Good piece of information. CNS, who do you think the most NHL-ready defenseman are in Manchester? And how would you classify their game?

Thanks again!
Looking forward to what CNS says....I feel like Bodnarchuk and Soupy run away with that one for me. Everyone else has stuff they could work on.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Shouldn't the question be, what DON'T we know about Vincent Loverde?
Everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 05:02 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
Thanks. Good piece of information. CNS, who do you think the most NHL-ready defensemen are in Manchester? And how would you classify their game?

Thanks again!
Bodnarchuk simply put has been magnificent. Read the article on Mayor's Manor on him. Has its own thread here on the Kings board as well. So well rounded. Does everything well. Smart. Great positioning. Steady. Good skater. Good but not overly heavy shot. Not a real physical guy but he can be.

Campbell as well. What I love about Soupy is his ability to cut off the forecheck. A few goals this year all start with him stopping zone entries and forcing the play the other way.

FWIW, Bods is likely NHL ready now. And would be good. But now he's hurt. Dat luck. Article out, gets hurt.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

LoVerde signed an AHL contract this season too. I believe he played with Marty in college. On the other hand listen to CNS, he's seen him more times than I have since he left Ontario.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote