Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Gaborik.........

Old
01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
wildslip

vCash: 500
Is Gaborik.........

IS gaborik goign to carry the team to the playoffsalong with rolston and fernandez this yearor is that a no go what u guys think

wildslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
WILDTATE10

If Gaboriks stays healthy then definetly yes.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Keetz

I think the bigger question is (as my dyslexic brain read the original post) is will his groin carry the Wild through the playoffs.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:01 PM
BigT2002

He should be good for the rest of the year. Hes back on pace again, but I still dont see em gettin far. Defense needs to be restructured

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:36 AM
D-Block

Lol, as everyone said. If he can manage to stay healthy and not miss any more games this season.

The Wild will be a team to reckon with come playoff time. The Wild have a good team, speedy but if they can stay healthy(mainy, gaborik and demitra)

Then yes, they can go into the playoffs, confidence is what the team is missing I believe, the defense will get better as the pressure is taken off from them if their top player(gaborik) keeps scoring as he is now.

At least that is what I want to believe =] Lets go wild.

D-Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 06:46 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1PWR View Post
He should be good for the rest of the year. Hes back on pace again, but I still dont see em gettin far. Defense needs to be restructured
trade for visnovsky
$1.9 mil for such a player??...

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Rhodes

7 goals in 5 games. What more could you ask for?

Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
7 goals in 5 games. What more could you ask for?

better linemates! When Parrish was out Gaborik played with Demitra and Koivu and he scored 4 goals in 2 games, Parrish comes back and Gabby is off that line.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
better linemates! When Parrish was out Gaborik played with Demitra and Koivu and he scored 4 goals in 2 games, Parrish comes back and Gabby is off that line.

gaborik is not playing with demitra in one line???
what a SICK "strategy"...

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 08:14 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
+1 for that. You never want to stack just one line otherwise you ruin your chances at other great chances. Look at how well Parrish is playing now with that line, and it really hasn't effected Gabby too much. We just promised to get a country linemate on the team, never promised he would be on the same line with him forever.

Old
01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
The Big E

Quote:
It could be an interesting summer in relation to our d-corps. Its certainly possible that we have some movement. It all depends upon how the remainder of the season goes. One things certain, Burns is playing great and should remain on the D-line.

Skoula's playing remarkably well despite making me paranoid whenever he has the puck. Schultz and Foster are locks for next season. I think we'll stick with Carney one more season though I could imagine them trading him for a prospect. I think Johnsson and Nummelin have something to prove over the remainder of the season and during the playoffs. I don't see Nummelin as all that trade-able (age + no defense), but Johnsson would be.

How would you propose restructuring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
Welcome to SNAFU (situation normal, all ****ed up) here in Wildville.

Quote:
+1 for that. You never want to stack just one line otherwise you ruin your chances at other great chances. Look at how well Parrish is playing now with that line, and it really hasn't effected Gabby too much. We just promised to get a country linemate on the team, never promised he would be on the same line with him forever.
We have two stacked lines plus one player:
Bouchard-Rolston-White
Demitra-Koivu-Gaborik/Parrish

Koivu is playing so well, it'd be a crime to put him on the third line. Parrish wouldn't do anything playing on the third line. Gaborik has shown he can create offensive playing with anyone. Consequently, he's playing with Walz and Radio.

Then again, Lemaire might shift it all around this Friday ...

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
\
Koivu is playing so well, it'd be a crime to put him on the third line. Parrish wouldn't do anything playing on the third line. Gaborik has shown he can create offensive playing with anyone. Consequently, he's playing with Walz and Radio.

I really like Gaborik/Walz playing together- They seem to bring the best out of each other, and it would enable us to roll 3 strong lines, making it hard to the opposition to key in on just one line.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2007, 08:25 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

man this guy needs to put a healthy season together. he is capable of 100 points

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
It could be an interesting summer in relation to our d-corps. Its certainly possible that we have some movement. It all depends upon how the remainder of the season goes. One things certain, Burns is playing great and should remain on the D-line.

Skoula's playing remarkably well despite making me paranoid whenever he has the puck. Schultz and Foster are locks for next season. I think we'll stick with Carney one more season though I could imagine them trading him for a prospect. I think Johnsson and Nummelin have something to prove over the remainder of the season and during the playoffs. I don't see Nummelin as all that trade-able (age + no defense), but Johnsson would be.

How would you propose restructuring?

Welcome to SNAFU (situation normal, all ****ed up) here in Wildville.

We have two stacked lines plus one player:
Bouchard-Rolston-White
Demitra-Koivu-Gaborik/Parrish

I would personally like to see some trades this summer. I'm not too sure how we are sitting for Cap room with Demitra and Gabby, but we def. need to get someone else to help it out a little bit. Who? I couldn't tell you because I'm lookin at WCHA players that they could draft up to take the roles. I also think if the team does well and gets into the playoffs it makes us a little more marketable towards some of the better players. I'm not talking Souray or Chara type but like Timmonen and Havelid could be possible FA signs. Although I never expect much when it comes to the MN front office since they held on for how long to even pick up players like Parrish, Demitra and Johnnson??

Far as lines go. I would propose basically what you have:

Parrish-Koivu-Demitra
Gabby-Rolston-Bouchard

Honestly the team isn't hurting with talent, might not be "known" talent but they are in a better position than some other ones. Hell if all else fails take it to a shootout

Old
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
man this guy needs to put a healthy season together. he is capable of 100 points
Soon as he actually scores more than 50 goals in a season I'll be impressed he complained about not having a lot of talent on the team, now he has it...if he can stay healthy I would predict at least 90 points out of him. Gabby has just as much talent as Hossa or even Ovechkin IMO.