HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Idea

Old
01-24-2007, 06:41 PM
wheeler1*

vCash: 500
Trade Idea

Trade proposal: Boynton,Leneveu,Nolan for Montoya,Prucha?

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:04 PM
The Big Apple

No Dice....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
mrhockey193195

notta chance.

Rangers would be (IMO) downgrading in the goalie position and would be trading a young scorer (albeit who's not scoring, but still works his ### off) for an aging scorer, and Boynton isn't enough to swing that deal.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 08:21 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what d'hell?

you realize that's like proposing Mueller and Ballard for Weekes, Rachunuk, Cullen, and maybe Immonen. That'd just be ludicrous. I can't even begin to see the rational why that works for us in ANY way. We have a log jam in underachieving defense. Our wings are crowded. We need a 2nd line center. And why would we want to down grade our goaltending? For Nolan? For Boynton? Flame on!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I'd take Prucha over Boynton.
I'd take Montoya over Leneveu.
I'd take nothing over Nolan.

Just doesn't work for the Rangers.

01-24-2007, 09:16 PM
funky

different trade idea:

Norstrom - Rachunek and Hall

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
different trade idea:

Norstrom - Rachunek and Hall
hmm interesting.....and a hell of a lot better than the other one....hmmmm

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:25 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Counter: Montoya for Mueller

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Nich

like monty more

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
like monty more
I would rather keep Nolan,Boynton,Lenny if it meant losing Mueller for Montoya.

Old
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
I would rather keep Nolan,Boynton,Lenny if it meant losing Mueller for Montoya.
eh ya but it addresses needs for both teams. A straight up deal Montoya for Mueller or a pick added on either side (depends on who is looking at the deal, probably a 2nd rder). Coyotes need goaltending and the Rangers need a #1 center.

Old
01-24-2007, 11:03 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'd take Prucha over Boynton.
I'd take Montoya over Leneveu.
I'd take nothing over Nolan.

Just doesn't work for the Rangers.
Boynton is worth Prucha Imo. Prucha hasn't played all that well. Nolan has played better than Prucha. Leneveu has 2 wins out of three games played this season, how many does Montoya have? I actually would rather keep lenny but I was wondering what you guys thought of his value. It was a stupid thing to include Montoya but then again Sather is at the helm , so anything come deadline day is possiable .

Old
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
eh ya but it addresses needs for both teams. A straight up deal Montoya for Mueller or a pick added on either side (depends on who is looking at the deal, probably a 2nd rder). Coyotes need goaltending and the Rangers need a #1 center.
Coyotes need goaltending but not at the price of Mueller.Tellqvist has been offered a multi-year deal, so I'm guessing he will become their number one. A reliable second goalie is what the coyotes need ,Montoya isn't available which is perfectly understandable. Sorry for including him in any proposal.

Old
01-24-2007, 11:08 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Boynton is worth Prucha Imo. Prucha hasn't played all that well. Nolan has played better than Prucha. Leneveu has 2 wins out of three games played this season, how many does Montoya have? I actually would rather keep lenny but I was wondering what you guys thought of his value. It was a stupid thing to include Montoya but then again Sather is at the helm , so anything come deadline day is possiable .
Leneveu is also two years older than Montoya. Montoya also has another goalie by the name of Henrik Lundqvist who was a finalist for the Vezina trophy last season in front of him. If Montoya was in the Coyotes system he would, with out a doubt, be playing on the big club.

Old
01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Leneveu is also two years older than Montoya. Montoya also has another goalie by the name of Henrik Lundqvist who was a finalist for the Vezina trophy last season in front of him. If Montoya was in the Coyotes system he would, with out a doubt, be playing on the big club.
He would ride the bench behind Tellqvist who has played really well. Montoya is a great goalie prospect and he belongs to have his chance with the Rags. I shouldn't have put him in the proposal, silly me.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:12 AM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Coyotes need goaltending but not at the price of Mueller.Tellqvist has been offered a multi-year deal, so I'm guessing he will become their number one. A reliable second goalie is what the coyotes need ,Montoya isn't available which is perfectly understandable. Sorry for including him in any proposal.
Montoya is available for the right price... He is worth Mueller i believe.... They both were high first round picks....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:18 AM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Montoya is available for the right price... He is worth mueller i believe....
I bet he is worth Mueller but the coyotes won't deal him for Montoya. gretzky and Barnett have a man -crush on Mueller and for good reason. Mueller and Hanzal are tearing up the WHL in scoring. Hanzal actually leads the whole WHL with 62 points and Mueller has 53 points in only 32 games. He would have been right at the top had he played as many games as Hanzal. Neither of these guys will be traded and not Wheeler either. These are players that are almost untouchable for the coyotes as Montoya is for the Rangers. It was stupid to include him in the trade proposal, I should have known better.

Old
01-25-2007, 02:29 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
I don't find much value in Boynton. At least to us. He really hasn't done much in his career. A few decent seasons in Boston. Lately? The last two seasons he's missed a handful of games from injuries. He's in his prime years (28) and has yet to solidify a reputation. This season, 2 assists in 25 games? Prucha on the other hand is a sophomore. This season, he hasn't been used properly but he has shown that he is still effective those rare times he has been used properly. Or like last season. Our "Assistant" GM has stated that Prucha is in the team's long term plans. He skates well. He has so much heart and drive. Especially from our P.O.V. Boynton is no where near Prucha. Why would the Rangers trade for Boyton anyways? He isn't going to solve our problems on the PP point. He'd just log jam an already crowded blueline that's waiving Kaspar and possibly others to make room for some young defensemen. No sir, if Prucha is traded, it will be for a big impact player like Lecavlier or a sure fire #1 center prospect like Mueller.

I don't think two teams have just traded their top goalie prospects (both whom they seem to like) just because it was the trade deadline and the GM's were like "hey, this will be fun!"

Montoya == Mueller. The thing is, you guys do have LeNeveu so acquiring Monty doesn't sound like good asset management but you've already admitted it was silly, so we forgive you.

Nolan is not a center. He is old. He is past his prime. A thousand 'no thanks' I'm pretty sure we don't want him even if you're giving him away.

I just don't see the Yotes as good trading partners at this time. You guys don't really have any 1st or 2nd line centers you're willing to part with do you?

And I don't know the scouting on Hanzal but the Rangers also had a prospect who led the WHL in scoring. His name was Pavel Brendl.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Prucha has not not played well. He has not been used correctly.

Nolan doesn't really help the Rangers that much. And Boynotn has not played well (on pace for 5 points).

Leneuveu might have two more wins than Montoya but I prefer Monty's upside. The Rangers also have a guy named Lundqvist right now.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote