HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

No major youth movement planned

Old
01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
hahah who knows but I kinda thought Girardi was also going to the AHL All Star game. ahhh
Not only going but is a starter. If the Rangers lose him to another team I will be very pissed off.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

In other words: More unnecessary drama from a columnist who was 6 hours late reporting Kaspar being waived.

Nowhere is there a quote that says "No youth movement". And Kasparaitus being called back up at the end of the season is the biggest stretch of all.

01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Nich

which is why i don't understand the re-entry waivers

somebody out here needs to understand this...anyone? anyone? buller? buller?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
blueliner94

Well people are saying elsewhere that Girardi signed a Pro contract. Maybe Dellapina is smoking somthing tonight... Also that Callahan, and Dubinsky are the others. If there is any turth i think more room must be made but would be nice to see Shanny-Dubi-Callahan line....

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:25 PM
NYCLV

Quote:
Well people are saying elsewhere that Girardi signed a Pro contract. Maybe Dellapina is smoking somthing tonight... Also that Callahan, and Dubinsky are the others. If there is any turth i think more room must be made but would be nice to see Shanny-Dubi-Callahan line....

I would rather:

Prucha - Dubinsky - Shanhan

Ortmeyer - Cullen - Callahan

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
blueliner94

But we still would have to make room for two more if this is the case I think.. Soo who goes? Hall first IMO

Old
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
But we still would have to make room for two more if this is the case I think.. Soo who goes? Hall first IMO
I think the Rangers could get a pick for Hall. Krog could just be waived again and then sent to Hartford for their playoff run. Orr could just be waived and I wouldn't give a damn lol, J. Ward could be dealt for a mediocre prospect or later pick. I don't see Sather moving Hossa, Betts, Cullen, Hollweg, or Orts from the bottom 6 forwards.

Old
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post
I would rather:

Prucha - Dubinsky - Shanhan

Ortmeyer - Cullen - Callahan
And now remember this is the Rangers and rethink the lines...

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I think Dellapina is wrong on this one. Girardi just signed an NHL contract, and I think he 's exempt for three years.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
NYCLV

haha good call

Cullen - Dubinsky - Shanahan

Ortmeyer - Betts - Callahan

better?

NYCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLV View Post
haha good call

Cullen - Dubinsky - Shanahan

Ortmeyer - Betts - Callahan

better?
Even tho Dubinsky would be called up to fill the 2nd line center role...by the 2nd period of the first game, he would be on the 4th line with Prucha and Callahan playing 2 minutes the rest of the way...while Betts slides up to the 2nd line again.

Old
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
MrAlfie

this is kinda pointing to a deal, isnt it?
kaspar gets sent down to make room capwise (and because he sucks lately) , nobody gets called up...
its gotta be a trade on the way
it has to be a trade.....
i want to believe!!
please!

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
this is kinda pointing to a deal, isnt it?
kaspar gets sent down to make room capwise (and because he sucks lately) , nobody gets called up...
its gotta be a trade on the way
it has to be a trade.....
i want to believe!!
please!
The New York Rangers have announced they have traded RW Petr Prucha to the St. Louis Blues for RW Martin Rucinsky.

See what your wishing has done????

Old
01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
The New York Rangers have announced they have traded RW Petr Prucha to the St. Louis Blues for RW Martin Rucinsky.

lol don't do that your gonna give someone a heart attack lol

Old
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
blueliner94

Quote:

Well thank god Don Maloney said in that interview that this will not happen. Laughing is ass off while commenting as well haha But he is not untouchable. I dont know if I could watch another game this season if that trade happend

Old
01-24-2007, 11:42 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:

sorry it took so long to respond to your post but i fainted when i read it....
never do that again... okay?

Old
01-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
sorry it took so long to respond to your post but i fainted when i read it....
never do that again... okay?
I forgot to mention the rangers also included a 2nd round pick in that trade going St. Louis' way. The pick has the possibility to become a first rounder if Rucinsky plays with the Rangers next year as well.

Old
01-25-2007, 12:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I forgot to mention the rangers also included a 2nd round pick in that trade going St. Louis' way. The pick has the possibility to become a first rounder if Rucinsky plays with the Rangers next year as well.
and the rangers also get dallas drake and jamal mayers back and the rangers send staal, dubinsky and dawes, as a thank u from glen sather to JD, for being so nice on the air the past few years since Sather been here

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Girardi would have to have signed a pro contract to be able to play in the NHL...

To be nitpicky, he would have had to have signed a pro contract to play in the AHL, but I don't think that's what people mean.

No one seems to want to spend the time and effort to find the rules on waivers, so maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Maybe.

edit: or maybe I'm not getting what people mean, but whatever. Let's just agree that Dellapina is a crack smoking *****

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
edit: or maybe I'm not getting what people mean, but whatever. Let's just agree that Dellapina is a crack smoking *****
Agreed.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:47 AM
MrAlfie

Quote:

Old
01-25-2007, 02:37 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

This organization is a joke.

The whole front office - head coach and owner included - needs to go.

Until something or someone rights the wrongs that are up there, we're doomed to mediocrity every year.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

In the Maloney interview,Don did say the Rangers wouldn't be calling up the players mentioned for another week to 10 days if they call them up

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Ola

What happend to the "pack hold broadway audition" thread? I can't find it, not even merged into another thread.

Anyway, I have been thinking some about the possible actions Renney can take with the kids from HFD.

Up front I have to admit that there are very few options that I feel warm about. Dubinsky as the 2nd line C, nah, I don't really know. Cullen would have to really pick up his game for that to work. Its possible that they would be stuck in their own end allot. I thougt about Dubinsky on the left with Cullen and Shanahan, I would actually like that more. Dubi would get a all offensive role, that line would be slow out of their own end, but once they created pressure Dubinsky could concentrate on the offense.

Otherwise I have a hard time seeing any of the kids beeing a good fit on the 2nd line, they are all kind of snipers and would get the same kind of problem Prucha have had there. Korpikoski is the one who would be the best fit, but there would also be a big risk with playing him there, if he didn't score, which defenitly isn't gauranteed playing with Cullen and Shanahan, it could hurt his confidence big time.

On the 3rd line, Callahan could slide in next to Betts and Hossa. He would bring some energy. But then I wonder if Prucha aren't a better fit. I am just not all that hot on Callahan there, could be worth a shot though, but would bring nothing major.

On defense I would like to see Renney auditioning both Girardi, Baranka and Lampman with Rachunek. I am glad Kaspar is gone, we got 4 candidates, one of them ought to be able to fill that spot.

Though back to the offense, this is a crazy idea, but its one that I belive in. If we are gooing to try something that makes sense on all accounts, that kind of solved all of whats fundamentally wrong with how this team is put together, its to play Dubinsky with Straka and Jagr.

1. Straka-Dubinsky-Jagr//Dubinsky aren't ready to be a 2nd line center, I agree with that. Why? I think there is a big risk that he would be marginalized, I think there is a big risk that he would have long slumps. I think he also might have some througly bad nights. How can he then be ready for this line? Nylander have avg. 14.39 minutes of ice time 5 on 5, he would still man the 1st PP unit, and the 2nd line would play more then they have in the past. Dubinsky would play around 14 minutes per game in this role, its not as extremely big role as it might look. Dubinskys biggest problem is in the transition game. Nylander have played a really big role on this line in thoose aspects. But JJ is really good there too, so is Straka, Dubinsky would get tremendous help in the aspects that he is weakest in. In terms of style Dubi also is a great fit on this line. He is big, he creates room, he loves to park behind the net and set up players, he is a puckpossesion player who would develop chemistry with Jagr. This line would not be as dominant as its with Nyls. But Dubinsky would defenitly score around 0.8 pts per game. They might have huge problems against the best teams, especially NJD, but that have Nyls had too.
2. Prucha-Nylander-Shanahan//What we lose by taking Nyls away from the 1st line we would defenitly gain on the 2nd line. First of all I think we might get Prucha gooing with Nylander, and Shanahan too. Shanny is strong in his own end, and while defense might be this lines biggest weakness, they would controll the puck allot more then Pru-Cullen-Shanahan ever did, and therefor not be as vounerable.
3. Hollweg-Cullen-Ortmayer//Wheter its Cullen-Krog-Orts or Holly-Cullen-Orts we gets more scoring on the 3rd line.
4. Hossa-Betts-Ward//We also get a extremly good 4th line. That in certain types of games can play a much bigger role if needed.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Girardi is signed to an entry level contract.Re-entry waivers for a player on an entry level contract?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote