HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can We Stop It With Renney?? Fire Sather!!!

Old
01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Ok I really dont know where the idea that this team sucks because of Renney. How is it his fault that Jagr isn't dominating like last year? How is it his fault that there isn't another offensive center in the franchise? How is it his fault that Hank and Prucha have going through major sophmore slumps (I hope thats what it is).

Yeah some of his roster decisions have been a little wacky, but lets not forget we have a gm who loves control and thinks he still has a clue about coaching. He maynot have the CB anymore but i'm sure he puts his smug little nose into things. He is also the one responsible for giving Renney the pieces he has to work with and as many posters on this board have pointed out there are many misssing pieces on this team.

Bottom line is Renney isn't being fired. How many coachs are we going to fire before we get rid of the gm? If this team is really looking to start playing younger players Renney is the perfect coach to have. He is a very smart guy and a teacher of the game.
Happy to see that someone else understands where the blame belongs. There isn't a coach in hockey, past or present, that could make this team a contender for the Cup, yet some believe that Renney is the serious malfunction in the chain. Unbelievable.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:59 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I don't know if you've been paying attention, but we've been batting this back and forth all week. It seems like Renney can't get the Jagr crew to listen to him, particularly about the powerplay. That is solely Renney's problem. Not Sather. If he doesn't fix it, it will be the reason he gets fired.
Jagr doesn't listen to any coaches.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
chosen

[QUOTE=SML;7776914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
. And who on this team would you consider a powerplay qb? No one, he is forced usually to put a foward back there. Again blaming Renney for a lack of pieces.

QUOTE]

The problem in question with Renney now has nothing to do with a PP qb or a lack of pieces. It has to do with who is the defining authority on this team. It should be the coach. Several things have come to light in the last weeks that make this seem as though it isn't so. A newsday? article quoting Shanahan, saying that the PP is not working and things were "disjointed". It seems as though Renney would like the PP to have more point shots and traffic, (which I agree 100% with) but that Jagr won't listen and demands to run the PP from the right sideboards. That is a major problem, when the players won't listen to the coach. They don't have to agree, but out of respect for the coach, they should at least try it his way. Apparenlty they don't have a heckuva lot of respect for the coach, so I truly think you are witnessing the end of the Renney era unfolding here.
The players will listen. Jagr won't listen. Shanahan's statements are saying just that without saying it.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:17 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
So the 4th one (or 5th if you count Sather naming himself as coach) is going to be a gem? After Low, Trottier and Renney you really expect a better result?
EXACTLY!

That's what I'm saying, on top of all of our other problems, our Super-Genius GM has proven he's completely incapable of finding the right coach for this team. He's making Isiah Thomas look better and better every day.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:22 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Happy to see that someone else understands where the blame belongs. There isn't a coach in hockey, past or present, that could make this team a contender for the Cup, yet some believe that Renney is the serious malfunction in the chain. Unbelievable.
The Edmonton Genius should receive the ultimate blame for this mess, that has no realistic chance of getting better in the next few years.

But that doesn't mean Renney is a good coach. There are still significant problems on this team that can be blamed directly on him. Scotty Bowman wouldn't lead this team to the Stanley Cup overnight, but at least he'd have them ready to play every night, hold players accountable, figure out how to maximize Petr Prucha, sit out guys who are undeserving of playing time, and find the right roles for players who right now have no role (Cullen, Betts, etc.).

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Its a PP Goal

Renney doesn't hold everyone accountable and that's a big no-no in my book. For this reason alone I wouldn't mind "reassigning" him elsewhere in the organization. I'm not saying we should bench players for making one or two mistakes, sh** happens, but guys like Malik are playing awful for long stretches. Adam Hall is a complete non factor on most nights. Almost everyone on our checking lines should be scratched and they probably would be scratched if they were on another team.

But when I look the current setup of our organization I don't think firing Renney will do much good. As Brooklyn Ranger said, Sather isn't capable of hiring the right coach. He isn't capable of running an organization.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
towely

i say get rid of both of them and replace them with the hot dog vender on the street.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
haha, and how long as that been your avatar?

Sather's firing is long overdue
It's been my avatar since the middle of the 03-04 season, before the firesale. I will not take it down until the deed is done.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote