HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

evander kane being shopped around (nhl news)

Old
01-10-2014, 09:10 PM
3Fs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Kane is precisely the kind of player that Giroux/Voracek would benefit immensely from. Physical and can finish with his own skills, not just a dirty goal. I would love a guy like Kane
Spot on

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Kane is precisely the kind of player that Giroux/Voracek would benefit immensely from. Physical and can finish with his own skills, not just a dirty goal. I would love a guy like Kane or even a Vanek, but the prices are probably prohibitive.
I disagree. Kane has tunnel vision, takes loads of bad shots and tries to do everything himself. If he were on a line with Giroux/Voracek, they wouldn't get the puck as much and their play would get dragged down. The reason Hartnell worked with Giroux is because he would simply give Giroux the puck and get in positions to score.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
I disagree. Kane has tunnel vision, takes loads of bad shots and tries to do everything himself. If he were on a line with Giroux/Voracek, they wouldn't get the puck as much and their play would get dragged down. The reason Hartnell worked with Giroux is because he would simply give Giroux the puck and get in positions to score.
All depends I guess, I'm not sure who he plays with on the jets, but I know it's not with someone like Giroux dishing him the puck.. Wouldn't have to do it all himself, or likely wouldn't want to

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:01 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

No to Kane it would cost us to much..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
blinds

Quote:
Kane is precisely the kind of player that Giroux/Voracek would benefit immensely from. Physical and can finish with his own skills, not just a dirty goal. I would love a guy like Kane or even a Vanek, but the prices are probably prohibitive.
Yep, exactly the type of player to compliment that line. The cost could be scary though, the most I'd want to give up is Simmonds and a pick considering their point totals are similar.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
Yep, exactly the type of player to compliment that line. The cost could be scary though, the most I'd want to give up is Simmonds and a pick considering their point totals are similar.
The Jets are going to be asking for Schenn or Couturier for Kane. Even to deal Simmonds for him would be a waste. He is an extremely fast player but that's it. There is a eason the Jets want rid of him, and that's why no one is going to pony up an exhorbitant price.

The Flyers' only real need is to replace Timonen in the top 4 next year (even if he comes back at a reduced price, in which case he would be a perfect partner for Luke in the 3rd pairing!). We have lots of NHL forward depth, and some good prospects like McGinn, Laughton, Leier, Cousins.

It will probably cost a roster forward and a kid, since the UFA market is slim pickings, but there is no need to send a bunch of assets for a guy to play with G and JV who doesn't have the well-rounded game Raffl has. Raffl is fast, big, hits and smart. Kane will be many things, but never smart.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The Flyers' only real need is to replace Timonen in the top 4 next year
I definitely disagree with this. While we need that true number one defenseman, that's not the only need. Right now, there isn't a 30 goal scorer or guy with potential to score 30 goals anywhere in our entire system. We have tremendous depth forwards as you insinuated, so we can populate our 3rd and 4th lines very, very inexpensively, but we definitely need at least one premiere goal scorer.

It may not be Kane, but to suggest that Simmonds is enough of a scoring talent to suffice is a mistake imo. Watching him to to score in a shootout situation or breakaway tells you that Simmonds is an excellent net front presence, but not a pure goal scorer.

Broad Street Elite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Crocket

Kane is not being shopped, so it is not worth talking about. If he was; you wouldn't "hear" about it.

Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 05:34 AM
KingDiamonds Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The Jets are going to be asking for Schenn or Couturier for Kane. Even to deal Simmonds for him would be a waste. He is an extremely fast player but that's it. There is a eason the Jets want rid of him, and that's why no one is going to pony up an exhorbitant price.

The Flyers' only real need is to replace Timonen in the top 4 next year (even if he comes back at a reduced price, in which case he would be a perfect partner for Luke in the 3rd pairing!). We have lots of NHL forward depth, and some good prospects like McGinn, Laughton, Leier, Cousins.

It will probably cost a roster forward and a kid, since the UFA market is slim pickings, but there is no need to send a bunch of assets for a guy to play with G and JV who doesn't have the well-rounded game Raffl has. Raffl is fast, big, hits and smart. Kane will be many things, but never smart.

And that alone, makes it an easy NO from me.

Great post Larry.

-KDG

KingDiamonds Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 07:27 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Unless the asking price is like Hartnell + 2nd, I'm not interested. Even then...

Talented player, but a couple things...

1. Locker room chemistry.
2. His reported attitude.
3. Financial cost in terms of cap hit eventually.
4. Cost to acquire him.
5. "If it works, don't fix it." Our team is pretty awesome right now. I really don't want to **** with it.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 07:38 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Where is the source of this 'rumour'

can we /thread?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 08:24 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

I love Kane on a fantasy team roster. He's the kind of gritty talent that any sheet would love to have. He's still very young, 20 today (I believe). He will grow into his skates and calm down and realize in time that there are other things in life. Seems like Seguin settled down some moving to Dallas, though I'm not sure, 100%.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

I see an Evander Kane move more of an off season move anyway. The asking price at the deadline is just going to be stupid. I am one who doesn't believe we would run him out of town, he just has to perform and get along with the media. If he has trouble doing that, then he is in trouble. If they are open to trading him, we should always look at the defense market first. Call around to see what players are on the market.

Two top needs on this team are

Top pairing defender- This is top priority, we need the likes of a Weber or another young top end defenseman to anchor our back end for ten years+. Call around the league and see what type of guys are available(no not Buff) and continue to try and find him up to draft and even further.

Top line winger for Giroux- Kane would be nice along Giroux, but we need the defender first. If nothing materializes in the defense market, then start looking for that winger. I have no problems with us making a trade at draft with our first rounder, especially how good we have been playing late. There will be some talent there, but most of the game breaking talent will be long gone. If we can move that pick for Kane(I know it takes more) or even Ryan, I have no problems with it. Chances are those players never come anywhere close to what those two are anyway.

Always look to improve your team, just don't kill your depth over it. Make the deal worth it for both sides.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
I love Kane on a fantasy team roster. He's the kind of gritty talent that any sheet would love to have. He's still very young, 20 today (I believe). He will grow into his skates and calm down and realize in time that there are other things in life. Seems like Seguin settled down some moving to Dallas, though I'm not sure, 100%.
he's 22, and I'm not so sure calling him gritty is very accurate

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Crocket

There is no source, he just made it up. Kane is not being shopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Where is the source of this 'rumour'

can we /thread?

Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote