HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha vs Malone

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
  #1
habsfan3131
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Prucha vs Malone

Hi everybody, I,m from Montreal but a i'm a pittsbugh fan. What do you think about the rumor Prucha + ??? vs Malone + ????....Will this trade be done soon ???.....Thank

habsfan3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
  #2
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan3131 View Post
Hi everybody, I,m from Montreal but a i'm a pittsbugh fan. What do you think about the rumor Prucha + ??? vs Malone + ????....Will this trade be done soon ???.....Thank
The Rangers assistant GM Don Maloney stated in a radio interview yesterday that Prucha was in the teams long-term plans. That pretty much shoots down the Prucha to Pitt. rumor. So I don't really see any deal with Pitt. going down.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:08 AM
  #3
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1140
...

There are 2 problems with this rumour:


1. The Rangers need a CENTER, not another winger.

2. Malone - he mainly plays well only when put with guys like Crosby. On his own, Malone is very inconsistent. We really don't need another Marcel Hossa, no thanks!

The Rangers need to build from within, this rumour is silly

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:13 AM
  #4
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,808
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
The Rangers assistant GM Don Maloney stated in a radio interview yesterday that Prucha was in the teams long-term plans. That pretty much shoots down the Prucha to Pitt. rumor. So I don't really see any deal with Pitt. going down.
He also said that Prucha is not untouchable (nobody is). And he said that any trade would not be for just this season. And if that's the case, Malone fits that criteria.

Personally, I would not trade Prucha for Malone.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:14 AM
  #5
habsfan3131
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Thank you, and you're right, Hossa has a lot of talent but lack of heart.....

habsfan3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:15 AM
  #6
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
I think what Maloney said was more along the lines of "Prucha is part of our future plans and isn't going anywhere, unless it's part of a deal for the future".

Meaning that Prucha could be traded if the Rangers feel like they get a return that helps them more in the long run. Trading for another young player, etc. Like Malone.

Prucha is younger though, and I'd rather have him than Malone. So hopefully a deal like that doesn't go down.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:26 AM
  #7
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think what Maloney said was more along the lines of "Prucha is part of our future plans and isn't going anywhere, unless it's part of a deal for the future".

Meaning that Prucha could be traded if the Rangers feel like they get a return that helps them more in the long run. Trading for another young player, etc. Like Malone.

Prucha is younger though, and I'd rather have him than Malone. So hopefully a deal like that doesn't go down.
So our 'deal for the future' is to trade a 24 year old for a 27 year old? Makes perfect sense when you have the Edmonton Genius in charge.

Why not trade our older guys for youth instead? Oh yeah, BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS THEM.

The fact that Maloney would even mention trading the only young skater with proven potential for something that would help them in the 'long run' tells you everything you need to know about the rebuild.

It tells you this management team has absoultely no idea what they're doing. There's a good chance a year from now Sather will be making Isiah Thomas look like a genius.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
  #8
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,867
vCash: 500
I think if the Rangers staff is thinking long term, if they had a choice of Prucha vs. Malone, they would take Malone.

Listed as:
Prucha: 24 - 6'0 - 170lbs (hes not 6'0)
Malone: 27 - 6'4 - 216lbs

Personally i love Prucha and dont want him to be moved (unless the right player is involved), because he has more heart than 90% of the rest of the NHL. But we are seeing him misused here, probably because his previous injury, his style of play and small stature. I think the Rangers (Renney in particular) are babying him because of those reasons, and are either legitamately concerned for his longevity during the year, or are purposely demoting a 30 goal scorer so he can be a healthy blue chip for a trade as such.

It seems crazy they would do that, but we are talking about the Rangers here. i wouldnt be surprised if he was moved for Malone, or someone else.


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-25-2007 at 10:42 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
  #9
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
You're overreacting...

First, there's no deal in place and we have no confirmation that the Rangers actually want to trade Prucha for Malone. It's likely that they're interested in Malone (it sounds like they've inquired about him, and he's a big, powerforward type of player) but we don't know that they're dangling Prucha for him. It could be that the Pens asked for Prucha in return and the Rangers don't want to give him up for that. It could also be that sportswriters are just speculating on who the Pens would get.

In general, the reason you'd trade a guy like Prucha would be to obtain another player that fills a need that your current lineup lacks. A small, quick player exchanged for a big, powerful player, etc.

If the Rangers could trade Prucha for someone like Tuomo Ruutu (well, minus the injuries) I'd do it in a second. A big, powerful, skilled player (who also plays center)? Sign me up. Even if it meant losing a smaller, skilled player like Prucha. Mainly because it brings a different dynamic to the team that it currently lacks.

But again, there's no need to look too much into this. I doubt the Rangers want to replace Prucha with Malone (though that's just guessing), so there's no need to act like it's already a done deal.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:41 AM
  #10
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,867
vCash: 500
I agree, i would deal Prucha, if the right "dynamic" player is available.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
  #11
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Agree that Malone is probably not going to be dealt for Malone, and hasn't he been disappointing playing with Crosby?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:46 AM
  #12
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
You're overreacting...

First, there's no deal in place and we have no confirmation that the Rangers actually want to trade Prucha for Malone. It's likely that they're interested in Malone (it sounds like they've inquired about him, and he's a big, powerforward type of player) but we don't know that they're dangling Prucha for him. It could be that the Pens asked for Prucha in return and the Rangers don't want to give him up for that. It could also be that sportswriters are just speculating on who the Pens would get.

In general, the reason you'd trade a guy like Prucha would be to obtain another player that fills a need that your current lineup lacks. A small, quick player exchanged for a big, powerful player, etc.

If the Rangers could trade Prucha for someone like Tuomo Ruutu (well, minus the injuries) I'd do it in a second. A big, powerful, skilled player (who also plays center)? Sign me up. Even if it meant losing a smaller, skilled player like Prucha. Mainly because it brings a different dynamic to the team that it currently lacks.

But again, there's no need to look too much into this. I doubt the Rangers want to replace Prucha with Malone (though that's just guessing), so there's no need to act like it's already a done deal.
What I was trying to point out was the absurdity of Maloney saying they'd consider trading Prucha for something that would help 'in the long run'. Prucha is just about the only player the Rangers have who will hopefully help them 'in the long run' if coached properly.

Here's a crazy idea...how about trading one of our OLDER guys for a guy like Malone, so we can keep Prucha? How about actually getting younger while also getting better 'in the long run'?

When that happens I'll believe what Maloney said yesterday is the truth. Until there's proof, it's just more BS from our Super-Genius GM.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:51 AM
  #13
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
What I was trying to point out was the absurdity of Maloney saying they'd consider trading Prucha for something that would help 'in the long run'. Prucha is just about the only player the Rangers have who will hopefully help them 'in the long run' if coached properly.

Here's a crazy idea...how about trading one of our OLDER guys for a guy like Malone, so we can keep Prucha? How about actually getting younger while also getting better 'in the long run'?

When that happens I'll believe what Maloney said yesterday is the truth. Until there's proof, it's just more BS from our Super-Genius GM.
Well for one, a lot of teams may not want to trade their good, young talent for the Rangers older players. And again, if there's a player out there who would be better for the Rangers long term than Prucha, and the only way to get that player is to trade Prucha...then sometimes that's what you have to do to have a better hockey team.

Hey, I wouldn't be happy if the Rangers traded Prucha for Malone. I wouldn't feel like it's a successful move for the future. I'm not justifying that trade in particular. I'm just saying that if the right scenario came along, it could make sense to trade Prucha.

Again, if the Rangers could land someone like a healthy Ruutu and it involved sending Prucha the other way, I'd do it in a second.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:55 AM
  #14
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Agree that Malone is probably not going to be dealt for Malone, and hasn't he been disappointing playing with Crosby?
Well if Prucha is dealt for Prucha well all be happy...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
  #15
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
So our 'deal for the future' is to trade a 24 year old for a 27 year old? Makes perfect sense when you have the Edmonton Genius in charge.

Why not trade our older guys for youth instead? Oh yeah, BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS THEM.

The fact that Maloney would even mention trading the only young skater with proven potential for something that would help them in the 'long run' tells you everything you need to know about the rebuild.

It tells you this management team has absoultely no idea what they're doing. There's a good chance a year from now Sather will be making Isiah Thomas look like a genius.
Dave, man - you've got to actually listen to that interview. The only reason Maloney discussed trading Prucha is because the interviewer repeatedly asked him about it. He was answering a direct question on the subject (which was asked precisely because these rumors are out there.)

I sympathize with your frustration, however - given past moves, I can see how you might immediately jump to the conclusion that Maloney brought up the idea on his own.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
  #16
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
There are 2 problems with this rumour:


1. The Rangers need a CENTER, not another winger.

2. Malone - he mainly plays well only when put with guys like Crosby. On his own, Malone is very inconsistent. We really don't need another Marcel Hossa, no thanks!

The Rangers need to build from within, this rumour is silly
I think we would be interested in a center with big potential, someone who would cost allot more then Prucha.

But I don't think they are looking for a Malone at center type of player, we got Dubinsky for next season, Nylander will resign and Cullen and Betts will be back.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:22 AM
  #17
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Maloney is pretty talented too. He doesnt just have size.

But I don't know, don't he seem a little soft at times? Its something about his mentality that I don't like.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
  #18
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
A Prucha for Malone swap is heavily in favor of the Pens, but that was not the rumor that was being floated around. The rumor had Malone and Orpik coming to the Rangers, which is much more enticing. In fact, I would consider Orpik the centerpiece to such a deal rather than Malone.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
  #19
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Maloney is pretty talented too. He doesnt just have size.

But I don't know, don't he seem a little soft at times? Its something about his mentality that I don't like.
He seems very soft at times, but unlike the Genius at least he faces the public and does some work.

There's something about the mentality I don't like either, probably the fact that nobody on the management team has a clue about managing a hockey team.

Sarcasm aside, the Rangers really could use another Don Maloney-type player, or even a Dave Maloney. But that was back in the days when the team knew how to draft.

Now year after year the kids are just around the corner.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:39 AM
  #20
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Dave, man - you've got to actually listen to that interview. The only reason Maloney discussed trading Prucha is because the interviewer repeatedly asked him about it. He was answering a direct question on the subject (which was asked precisely because these rumors are out there.)

I sympathize with your frustration, however - given past moves, I can see how you might immediately jump to the conclusion that Maloney brought up the idea on his own.
Yeah, you're right, my bad for not listening to it last night. Leaving specifics out it just seems like the same old tired crap we've been handed year after year.

When you're claiming a Jason Krog off waivers and planting him on the second line it's hard to imagine there is any plan whatsoever to bring kids up. Maybe it's because the kids really aren't that good, and considering the track record of the Genius's player evaluations, that's entirely possible.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
  #21
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
He seems very soft at times, but unlike the Genius at least he faces the public and does some work.

There's something about the mentality I don't like either, probably the fact that nobody on the management team has a clue about managing a hockey team.

Sarcasm aside, the Rangers really could use another Don Maloney-type player, or even a Dave Maloney. But that was back in the days when the team knew how to draft.

Now year after year the kids are just around the corner.
Had a touch of coma lately?

Last season 6 of them cut corners here in NY...

That Lundqvist especially, Tyutin weren't that bad, Prucha netted 30, Hollweg plantted a bodys into the boards, Kondratiev got us a decent return, Moore carried a 4th line.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
  #22
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Had a touch of coma lately?

Last season 6 of them cut corners here in NY...
And which of them are helping the team now?

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
  #23
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975
 
Pens75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Duquesne Gardens
Country: United States
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Malone - he mainly plays well only when put with guys like Crosby. On his own, Malone is very inconsistent. We really don't need another Marcel Hossa, no thanks!
Actually that is false, Malone does more on his own, he is more productive that way.

2003-04 - GP 81 - G 22 - A 21 - PTS 43
2005-06 - GP 77 - G 22 - A 22 - PTS 44
2006-07 - GP 28 - G 7 - A 6 - PTS 13

In 186 career games, I'd say only 25 is with Lemieux & Crosby, majority of his production is solo.

He is also an excellent penalty killer with 8 shorthanded goals.

Quote:
The Rangers need to build from within, this rumour is silly
It's not silly, it's a fact the Rangers inquired about him...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_488732.html

"(Shero) kind of told me that he talked to Glen, obviously, and that teams were asking about me," Malone said.

Pens75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:09 PM
  #24
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
And which of them are helping the team now?
Whats your point?

Kondratiev were rushed, he should have been kept in Russia/AHL for another season. He defenitly would have been a improvement over Kaspar/Pck/Girardi and the rest this season. Its easy to forget that. We scream for kids this season, but wasted a pretty decent D last season rushing him.

Moore for Hall, a terrible trade.

Lundqvist is our starter. Tyutin plays a major role on the blueline. Hollweg have been Hollweg. Prucha got 20 pts despite having a pretty ugly soapmore slump.

Just like Lundqvist won a spot, Staal will take one next season. Just like Tyutin were a given on the blueline last season, Dubinsky will be hard to keep outside the roster upfront. Prucha won a spot, I am sure Korpikoski, Dawes, Pyatt and Callahan will push hard to accomplish the same next season. We have seen upsets in the past, who knows in what kind of shape someone like Anisimov or Olver comes into camp next season.

Its easy to get brainwashed by all fans who can't take loosing a hockey game here in Rangerland. But the talk about Renney beeing a vet lover and stuff like that just don't holdup. Neither thoose the comparisions with how other teams handles there kids, they are just unintelligent. Cause first of all most of them are high regarded 1st round picks. Nobody here seems to got a problem with us sending Staal to the CHL, thats whom Wolski should be compared with. Then, for every player like that who makes it there are 100's who don't, its not like other teams always are playing just about any kid, they are dooing it with thoose who are good, just like we did with our 6 rookies last season. Had Immonen or Dawes played well up here they would have stuck just like Prucha, Holllweg and Moore did last season.

If you want him fired because you think Immonen is better then he thinks, thats one thing. If you want him fired for his lines thats a good reason. But these Renney got some hidden agenda and loves veterans/czechs rants are getting pretty tiresome. Especially since he brought up 6 rookies last season.

edit: I don't got time to fix all the wrong allusions or bad spelling, so please have some oversight with it!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:19 PM
  #25
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975
 
Pens75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Duquesne Gardens
Country: United States
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
The Rangers need to build from within
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Moore for Hall, a terrible trade.
I agree...

Mad Max Talbot and Dominic Moore are a BIG reason the Penguins are in the playoff race, without those 2 guys the Penguins would not be in the 8th Seed currently. Like I said here [Rangers Forum] before the season started, these guys win hockey games, they are just as important as the Superstars. It's not what they do on the scoresheet, it's everything else they bring every night. I don't see them as "easily replaceable" and "disposable" as many suggest.


Last edited by Pens75: 01-25-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Pens75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.