HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread Part XI: New year...no trades.

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2014, 06:50 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
But why would he do that for the Rangers and not the Sabres?
He could be upset at how things are going in Buffalo and could be his way of asking for a trade without directly saying it? Could think the Rangers or some other team might be better for his development? There could be a bunch of reasons.

Old
01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

@nhlupdate: Elliotte Friedman reports that Tim Murray has no untouchables in Buffalo, but Myers/Ristolainen/Girgensons would cost a ton

Pysyk and Grigorenko

Old
01-11-2014, 07:00 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
@nhlupdate: Elliotte Friedman reports that Tim Murray has no untouchables in Buffalo, but Myers/Ristolainen/Girgensons would cost a ton

Pysyk and Grigorenko
Yes to both please! Probably will cost too much for Pysyk though. Just turned 22 today and logs a hair under 20 minutes/night. Not to mention he's a RD.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
he cant play in the NHL/AHL/Europe. how does he have value in a trade? if he reports to quebec than why would buffalo move him? if he refuses to go to quebec than why would anyone trade for him if hes intent on sitting out the rest of thsi year??
Even if he does report, Buffalo can move him. there are teams that WILL make a move for him. Silled player with motivation issues, we've seen that before. By no means is Grigorenko untouchable at all here in Buffalo, especially with what went down coupled with the new management.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Yeah Pysyk would be an amazing trade target.

As for Grigorenko, I wouldn't want to give up too much for him. There are some big question marks about him, even if his skill is undeniable.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:26 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Yeah Pysyk would be an amazing trade target.

As for Grigorenko, I wouldn't want to give up too much for him. There are some big question marks about him, even if his skill is undeniable.
Absolutely. I haven't been too keen on him since his second stint in Buffalo. Doesn't look motivated to improve and looks entitled out there on the ice. However, he does show glimpses of playing pretty well. It's one of those situations. I wouldn't give up much for him at this stage either.

As for Mark, I don't think he'll be going anywhere, at least I hope not. He's one of their better defenseman and has room to grow more... He is so calm and still young... he can play very well in his own zone

Old
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Also add Armia to the list of guys I'd want. I definitely would ask about how far off something around Del Zotto and Pysyk would be.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Brady Skjei

What do you think it would take to get Pysyk? Would there be any possible package that would allow us to keep this year's first?

Old
01-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Danthehockeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I'd prefer Eberle.
Eberle for Callahan

Old
01-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthehockeyman View Post
Eberle for Callahan
That's hilarious.

Old
01-11-2014, 07:36 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorangers19 View Post
What do you think it would take to get Pysyk? Would there be any possible package that would allow us to keep this year's first?
I know both teams well, but since living up in WNY, I've learned so much more about the Sabres team and management... Given the way Buffalo is going to try and primarily build through the draft and surround with effective vets, I'm thinking that picks and/or higher end prospects would have to be involved.

Old
01-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Savant

The Rangers and the Sabres are horrendous trading partners. I don't get it.

I don't know why Grigorenko is worth moving heaven and earth for, and Pysyk will cost at least Hagelin. Buffalo doesn't need defenseman and wants young forwards. No realistic match IMO. Also its not my prerogative to pay out the teeth for players on a last place team that haven't won anything and haven't shown anything more than flashes.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
theFiGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthehockeyman View Post
Eberle for Callahan
Yes please I do this trade everytime , Edmonton doesn't touch this though because of callahans contract.

Old
01-12-2014, 10:42 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I should read the thread before posting.

Would be open to exploring Grigorenko obviously.

Don't think the Rangers and Sabres are good trading partners this year though, maybe aside from a guy like Ott.

Last edited by silverfish: 01-12-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old
01-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Ranger_Engineer
There are no windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

Pysyk and Grigorenko
Marcus Foligno

Old
01-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Ratelleitlikeitis

Are Grigorenko and Buchnevich buddies?

Old
01-12-2014, 11:10 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Engineer View Post
Marcus Foligno
I'd love to add him. Perfect fit for what the team needs. Ennis would be good too

Old
01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 137
Quote:
I'd love to add him. Perfect fit for what the team needs. Ennis would be good too
Blegh. No thanks.

Foligno would be golden, though.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:18 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Seems like they'll be riding this roster out until the trade deadline. Everything is cold right now. I am glad they didn't just trade Del Zotto to trade him.

rip
Old
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Blue Blooded

Marcus Foligno? Have people gone mad?

He's a decent 3rd liner, but nothing more and I don't see any top-6 upside there. Are people still up in arms over those 13p in 14gp back in 11-12?

Not really a guy you go out of your way to get.

Again, why would we make a trade to get someone who is at best a slight upgrade on our 3rd line?

Old
01-12-2014, 11:30 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Seems like they'll be riding this roster out until the trade deadline. Everything is cold right now. I am glad they didn't just trade Del Zotto to trade him.

For real though.

In a normal year, I'd say get the best offer early, teams are trending towards getting guys into their systems well before the deadline. But, with the Olympics this year and possiblity of injury being greater than an average year, who know what team gets desperate and over bids if they loose a player with only a week between Olympic end and trade deadline.

On top of that, we have our own problems with Girardi not signed, Staal with issues both medical & walking in a year, McIlrath not ready and knee busted up 2x already, Brady Skjei IMO not ready for another 3 years at best given most NCAA guys today go all 4 years then at least a season in the AHL and Skjei has only 2 NCAA years under his belt. Noreau is back in the ECHL again, not cutting it in Hartford 2x now and looks like he could wind up another McNaught for us.

Funny how we go from a Defense power house to absolute question mark in less than 24 months.

Making the wrong DZ trade could cripple us bad if Sather miscalculates the near future.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Who does he replace? Is it a 4th liner or a top 9 player? Does he replace one of Hagelin, Zuke, Kreider, Nash, Cally, or Pouliot? I can see him replace Benoit, but right now, he would be a 4th liner. Why not just promote Miller into that role and save assets? If we had an issue on the 3rd line, I can see it, but I do not see the need.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Who does he replace? Is it a 4th liner or a top 9 player? Does he replace one of Hagelin, Zuke, Kreider, Nash, Cally, or Pouliot? I can see him replace Benoit, but right now, he would be a 4th liner. Why not just promote Miller into that role and save assets? If we had an issue on the 3rd line, I can see it, but I do not see the need.
The third line has no role, at all. On most teams, the third line is a checking/defensive line, ours is made up of a bunch of finesse, yet streaky players. Absolutely not the way to build a team. Hoping that Brassard + Pouliot are gonzo at the end of the year, with Zucc solidifying himself in the top 6. Foligno is an ideal 3rd liner that can probably put up 40 points at his peak. His rough play and defensive awareness make him just what we need, really.

That and I can watch him KO Ryan Carter for hours.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
The third line has no role, at all. On most teams, the third line is a checking/defensive line, ours is made up of a bunch of finesse, yet streaky players. Absolutely not the way to build a team. Hoping that Brassard + Pouliot are gonzo at the end of the year, with Zucc solidifying himself in the top 6. Foligno is an ideal 3rd liner that can probably put up 40 points at his peak. His rough play and defensive awareness make him just what we need, really.

That and I can watch him KO Ryan Carter for hours.
You need one, and only one, checking/defensive line and we have a great one: Boyle-Moore-Dorsett.

Teams that have their 3rd line as their checking line do so out of necessity because they don't have the depth to run three scoring lines. We actually do and that is a point of strength.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
You need one, and only one, checking/defensive line and we have a great one: Boyle-Moore-Dorsett.

Teams that have their 3rd line as their checking line do so out of necessity because they don't have the depth to run three scoring lines. We actually do and that is a point of strength.
Calling the line of Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello a scoring line is being awfully generous.

The former two are about as hot and cold as they get. And Zuccarello belongs in the top 6 getting 17+ minutes a game. The line is just god awful 5 on 5, no can do.

A defensive third line can score too. But this third line has no role, though they are dominant on the PP. I'll give them that.

Closed Thread