HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 44, 11 Jan 1800: Ducks @ Coyotes

Old
01-12-2014, 01:47 AM
0point1
Welcome home Strome

vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
Fortunately, my fellow STH and I had a wedding to go to tonight. Checked the smartphone and said "hey, look, we picked another good one to not go to".
Yeah I knew it was going to be a lost so I didn't even get my hopes up and I stayed home.

0point1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:12 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
On a brighter note. Winnipeg - our next opponent - has lost 5 straight and got trounced at home today 6-3. They will not be a fun team to play against. The next night we're in st. louis. Then Vancouver after that.

Could see the whole season unravel over the next three games.

Good luck Yotes.
Well, to be fair, the yotes have had some bad runs and trouncings as well without being a "not fun team to play against." Sometimes crappy games just lead to more crappy games rather than a big statement game.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Yes. Just upload it to a place like tinypic.com and then use the [img] tag to embed it here.
Quote:
(Wow, I said that here once and was met with a collective "WTF *are* you talking about?" I had to beg people who'd seen that movie to back me up that it was a real quote.)

Fortunately, my fellow STH and I had a wedding to go to tonight. Checked the smartphone and said "hey, look, we picked another good one to not go to".
Is that a reference to a movie? Otherwise it kinda goes over my head.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 09:27 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
(Wow, I said that here once and was met with a collective "WTF *are* you talking about?" I had to beg people who'd seen that movie to back me up that it was a real quote.)
haha I think I remember that incident. Old people unite!

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
I don''t get all 'the sky is falling' comments. Let's not kid ourselves - the Coyotes are no match for the Ducks at this time. Hiller is in the zone right now - 13 consecutive wins - and they have so many players that can (and will) hurt you offensively.

After all the #FREEGreiss comments... he certainly let in a shot that he would want back (Vatanen / 5-Hole). After that it felt like he was somewhat hung out to dry halfway through the second period; the sequence showed how talented and potent the Ducks are offensively. Penner, Perry & Getzlaf seemed to have the puck on a string for a while and the Yotes were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

*IF* the dogs could make the playoffs, I sure hope they don't have to take on the Quacks in the first round. With the way the lads have been playing for the last 20 games, the playoffs seem like a long shot anyway.

Losing against the Ducks is no shame. The losses against the BJs, Wild, ... are what hurts. Maybe a road trip can give this club a much needed spark?

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
I don''t get all 'the sky is falling' comments. Let's not kid ourselves - the Coyotes are no match for the Ducks at this time. Hiller is in the zone right now - 13 consecutive wins - and they have so many players that can (and will) hurt you offensively.

Losing against the Ducks is no shame. The losses against the BJs, Wild, ... are what hurts. Maybe a road trip can give this club a much needed spark?
Well, for me it isnt so much about the loss. Its about the way we lost. Yes, Anaheim is a superior opponent at this time, but we can't just roll over on our backs and die. We got a fortunate early lead and from that we should be able to play more tight, to play solid defensively and make it a tight game. To many sloppy plays and mistakes. This is not how a DT coached team should act when getting that early advantage.

Longwayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Tom Polakis
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwayfromhome View Post
Well, for me it isnt so much about the loss. Its about the way we lost. Yes, Anaheim is a superior opponent at this time, but we can't just roll over on our backs and die. We got a fortunate early lead and from that we should be able to play more tight, to play solid defensively and make it a tight game. To many sloppy plays and mistakes. This is not how a DT coached team should act when getting that early advantage.
Yes, I get that the Ducks are rolling and have more skill, but getting beat to every loose puck for long stretches was inexcusable. What bothered me were the mistakes and lack of hustle. This performance closely resembled a Gretzky-era mess. We're not quite there yet, but close. Regarding rolling over, why not throw a hard check when it's available, and maybe wake the team up. The Klesla "fight" doesn't qualify, either.

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
Yes, I get that the Ducks are rolling and have more skill, but getting beat to every loose puck for long stretches was inexcusable. What bothered me were the mistakes and lack of hustle. This performance closely resembled a Gretzky-era mess. We're not quite there yet, but close. Regarding rolling over, why not throw a hard check when it's available, and maybe wake the team up. The Klesla "fight" doesn't qualify, either.
Pretty much what i said.

Longwayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 01:28 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwayfromhome View Post
Yes, i'm serious. Even Jeff "skating in quicksand" Halpern created more on his own than Vrbata tonight. Vrby skates down the wing and fires a shot in the stomach of the goalie. Insert [random right hand shot] on Hanzals line and you get the equal result. He needs to be more sharp and execute with greater finess and actually DO something.

That's funny....... I think it's one of his best games in some time now (got the lead out of his ass and looked like he wanted to be out there, IMO) and you see the above.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 01:29 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
haha I think I remember that incident. Old people unite!
I remember it we'll.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote