HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY RANGERS POST ALL-STAR GAME....The Saga of what is and what should be

Old
01-25-2007, 10:46 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
We all want a youth movement, so that is great. However, let's talk about some real legitimate moves that we feel could help this team. I mean, we can't expect Renney to call up half the Hartford team. There has to be a balance of youth and veteran leadership on the Rangers since we won't make the playoffs with 10 rookies

Here are some moves I want to see:

Girardi - the first correct move to replace Kasparaitis

Immonen - waive Krog, he has been useless. Let Immonen center the 2nd line with Shanahan and Cullen. Immonen is responsible enough defensively to not hurt the Rangers even if he does not score.

Dubinsky - waive Orr, he is useless as well. Give Dubinsky a try as a 3rd line center. If that is too much of a responsibility for him, then let him play wing. But I think we need to give him a chance since we really don't have any depth at Center...if he gets some experience, he could at least become useful when one of our veteran Centers gets hurt.

My Lines:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Shanahan - Immonen - Cullen (this line looked good when Immonen played w/us)

Ward - Dubinsky - Hossa (if this line can control the puck down low, they can score)

Hollweg - Betts - Ortmayer

Tyutin - Ward

Rozsival - Malik

Pock - Girardi

Hall becomes a sub...we can try him instead of Ward on the 3rd line though.

Dawes - another possible call-up in case we need more scoring from the wings.
Good moves imo, but what would you want to do with Rachunek if he is not playing? Just bench him or move him for a prospect/pick?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Good moves imo, but what would you want to do with Rachunek if he is not playing? Just bench him or move him for a prospect/pick?

To be honest, I actually think that Rachunek is the MOST useless guy we have. He is ok offensively, but he just hurts you so much defensively! He never checks ANYONE, he is often out of position, he just stands around there in own zone thinking about his next paycheck or something!

What would I do with him? I would WAIVE him as well...but I doubt that will happen with how much Jagr loves his Czech mates...

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
We all want a youth movement, so that is great. However, let's talk about some real legitimate moves that we feel could help this team. I mean, we can't expect Renney to call up half the Hartford team. There has to be a balance of youth and veteran leadership on the Rangers since we won't make the playoffs with 10 rookies

Here are some moves I want to see:

Girardi - the first correct move to replace Kasparaitis

Immonen - waive Krog, he has been useless. Let Immonen center the 2nd line with Shanahan and Cullen. Immonen is responsible enough defensively to not hurt the Rangers even if he does not score.

Dubinsky - waive Orr, he is useless as well. Give Dubinsky a try as a 3rd line center. If that is too much of a responsibility for him, then let him play wing. But I think we need to give him a chance since we really don't have any depth at Center...if he gets some experience, he could at least become useful when one of our veteran Centers gets hurt.

My Lines:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Ward - Dubinsky - Hossa (if this line can control the puck down low, they can score)

Tyutin - Ward

Rozsival - Malik

Pock - Girardi

Hall becomes a sub...we can try him instead of Ward on the 3rd line though.

Dawes - another possible call-up in case we need more scoring from the wings.

No Prucha?

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
No Prucha?
Blah, not sure how I forgot him.

Let me fix that (i'm sitting Ward):

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Prucha - Dubinsky - Hossa (if this line can control the puck down low, they can score)

Tyutin - Ward

Rozsival - Malik

Pock - Girardi

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:55 AM
dank

why the need for Cullen on the 2nd line? why not just put him on the third line and swap him for Prucha..

Jagr, et al.
Prucha - Immo - Shanahan
Hossa - Dubinsky - Cullen
H-B-O

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Someone needs to tell Jagr who is the boss

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-413236c.html

Read the Shanahan comments in the article
If Renney can't be the last line of law, and can't stand up to Jagr, why is he coaching the team?

I know damn well if anyone tried to undermine Lindy Ruff in Buffalo, they wouldn't be on the ice, Briere or Drury included.

Do most 'Gers fans think Renney needs to be shown the door? Or are you getting a bit fed up with Jagr?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
bleedrngrblue

Melnyk.....You kill me! Prucha has been a Ranger for a whole year and a half, but some excellent numbers up last year, and is down to his final shot! Ridiculous......especially when you look at all the extended playing time Lundmark got here and gave NOTHING in return!

Last edited by bleedrngrblue: 01-25-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: the post i responded to is no longer there
bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
If Renney can't be the last line of law, and can't stand up to Jagr, why is he coaching the team?

I know damn well if anyone tried to undermine Lindy Ruff in Buffalo, they wouldn't be on the ice, Briere or Drury included.

Do most 'Gers fans think Renney needs to be shown the door? Or are you getting a bit fed up with Jagr?
I think more people would say Renney needs to go before they would say Jagr needs to. Right or wrong that seems to be the majority of most posters feelings.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote