HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your GM should trade Jagr (merged)

Old
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
I know this thread is pretty ridiculous...but let's be honest. Nobody is untouchable. There are guys out there and there are ways for guys, even Jagr, to be traded.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:45 AM
goalxice25

jagr is selfish

i can't believe people are saying it's acceptable to be just an cherry picker, from the captian, nonetheless. to be a leader, or to earn the "C", one has to atleast set the example on the ice, and more importantly show the young kids (i.e. prucha pock, immonen..etc)what it means to be part of the rangers. he does not of that. yes he had a great year last year, yes he's an offensive threat. but how well do his actions rub off on others.

for instance, if he hustles and back checks, or even sticks up for another teammate, maybe it rubs off on someone else. then all of a sudden a light goes off, and a team starts to develop fire and desire. it is a chain reaction and everyone on the team is not only building character, but chemistry as well. now, what happens if he doesn't hustle, he sets a very poor example for the younger guys, PERIOD. i mean what is it going to take for him to hustle his butt off and back check, and to stick up for his teammates. i know he isn't getting any younger, but hell, i would take graves over him any day. while not the most talented, graves played with more heart than 21 jagrs combined. i mean what kind of example is jagr setting for the young guys on the team, "ohh its ok if you have a ton of talent, just don't hustle and make the other guys backcheck for ya and let them play defense".

and being a captian or any type of leader means that you play while your hurt, and not whine like a baby. if you are hurt and can play, then play, but don't use, "i'm only 85%" as an excuse.now he very well may be hurt, but when you are out there on the ice, whether its 20 seconds or 20 minutes, you play with intensity and you play with heart, and the desire to win.and if he did that, i would promise you it will spark a fire under alot of players on the team. i don't care if jagr scored 100 goals and had 200 assists, he is not a team player, and quite frankly, i believe he is all about [I]his records and his stats[I]. i know its unfair to compare anyone who wears the C to the likes of messier, and everyone has a different way of motivating their teammates. some are soft spoken, while others fire the team up through their own actions and words. then there are some captains who just do none of that. now its hard to really know what is going on with the team, since none of us are in the locker room, but it seems clear that the jagr does more bad than good. his actions do not lead, nor motivate, and as a repurcusion, that hinders the development of the team (long term). i know he is not going to get traded, b/c then the management would be clueless on what to do next. and as far as the powerplay is concerned, i'm not surprised that renney wants to do something new. its simple, if something doesn't work, you try to change it, and see where it can be improved. and it seems like jagr doesn't want to do that. that right there alone should only reinforce the fact that he is not willing to change his game, even a little bit, to help improve the team. no it's only about him him him. it's obvious i don't like him. so read this if you want. but i just needed to voice my opininion on the matter, for whaetver its worth. its a shame that shanny can't lead the team without the fustrations of an overpaid, lazy and truly selfish player like jagr. this team has a lot of potential in hartford, and while we as fans will have to be patient, i will remain optimistic. unless that is they trade prucha, in which case i have to throw my tv out of my apartment window.

goalxice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:29 PM
bleedrngrblue

This is an absolutely RIDICULOUS thread! Jaromir Jagr singlehandedly has brought possibilities to this franchise. A franchise may I remind you all, that was the laughing stock of the NHL just 3 years ago. I'm reading posts that say the franchise needs an overhaul, and that Jagr is a cherrypicker, all because the team is playing down to earth this season instead of lights out like it did for most of last season! SOOOO ridiculous!!!!!! The fact of the matter is, things broke well for this team alot last season, and lady luck was smiling on the franchise after so many disastrous seasons of lackadaisical and effortless play by a bunch of overpriced vets on the downward side! THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOLKS! For one thing, there are several young players from within the system playing on this roster. Jagr, has been an EXCELLENT player since coming here, AND HAS PLAYED THROUGH injuries, and is doing so now! We all can see that he is not fully recovered from the shoulder, but instead of sitting till he's fully healthy, he's trying and contributing in a major way! I don't want to hear how he isn't playing stellar defense, he NEVER has, his offense is his defense in many ways. He's not a perfect player, but by god, he's tried his ass off as a Ranger, and seems very happy in a Ranger uniform. How you bash a guy who is obviously hurting and is still near the top in scoring is beyond me. Jagr is what he is, an offensively gifted hockey player. Does he have faults? Of course......he pouts at times, doesn't like to play defense,and can be moody.......but that description probably describes about 3/4 of the NHL's stars, so blow the get rid of Jagr thoughts out yer arse!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I know this thread is pretty ridiculous...but let's be honest. Nobody is untouchable. There are guys out there and there are ways for guys, even Jagr, to be traded.
I'd hold on to Lundqvist. Maybe I'd keep Shanny too, re-sign him and make him the captain for the rest of his career. Despite his age he's everything you want in a hockey player and he still has a few productive years left in him. Everyone else is tradeable for a price even Jagr. Realisitically he isn't going anywhere, I'm just venting a little.

Its funny and a little sad when you think about it. How many players in the entire organization from top to bottom are truly untouchable? Not many. It seems like we like a lot of our guys but we wouldn't mind "trading up." I like Prucha but I wouldn't trading him Lecavalier or Richards. I like Montoya but I wouldn't mind trading him for something we need. Sather thinks we're in great shape...are we really?

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
I'd hold on to Lundqvist. Maybe I'd keep Shanny too, re-sign him and make him the captain for the rest of his career. Despite his age he's everything you want in a hockey player and he still has a few productive years left in him. Everyone else is tradeable for a price even Jagr. Realisitically he isn't going anywhere, I'm just venting a little.

Its funny and a little sad when you think about it. How many players in the entire organization from top to bottom are truly untouchable? Not many. It seems like we like a lot of our guys but we wouldn't mind "trading up." I like Prucha but I wouldn't trading him Lecavalier or Richards. I like Montoya but I wouldn't mind trading him for something we need.
Is your last name Sather?

Old
01-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Is your last name Sather?
No but if I had his power, heads would roll.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
No but if I had his power, heads would roll.
That's fine, but talking trading Montoya and Prucha is not getting you any points with me. I still need to see how the goaltending plays itself out. Lundy isn't tearing it up like last season and Montoya is still developing. Prucha by himself isn't getting any of the players you mentioned either. I don't want to start depleting the youth of this organization already when it is only now getting a quality look to it. Patience is what should be preached right now in my opinion!

Old
01-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
This is an absolutely RIDICULOUS thread! Jaromir Jagr singlehandedly has brought possibilities to this franchise. A franchise may I remind you all, that was the laughing stock of the NHL just 3 years ago. I'm reading posts that say the franchise needs an overhaul, and that Jagr is a cherrypicker, all because the team is playing down to earth this season instead of lights out like it did for most of last season! SOOOO ridiculous!!!!!! The fact of the matter is, things broke well for this team alot last season, and lady luck was smiling on the franchise after so many disastrous seasons of lackadaisical and effortless play by a bunch of overpriced vets on the downward side! THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOLKS! For one thing, there are several young players from within the system playing on this roster. Jagr, has been an EXCELLENT player since coming here, AND HAS PLAYED THROUGH injuries, and is doing so now! We all can see that he is not fully recovered from the shoulder, but instead of sitting till he's fully healthy, he's trying and contributing in a major way! I don't want to hear how he isn't playing stellar defense, he NEVER has, his offense is his defense in many ways. He's not a perfect player, but by god, he's tried his ass off as a Ranger, and seems very happy in a Ranger uniform. How you bash a guy who is obviously hurting and is still near the top in scoring is beyond me. Jagr is what he is, an offensively gifted hockey player. Does he have faults? Of course......he pouts at times, doesn't like to play defense,and can be moody.......but that description probably describes about 3/4 of the NHL's stars, so blow the get rid of Jagr thoughts out yer arse!
Does Jagr's injury prevent him from putting forth maximum effort skating? Not shooting, skating. Did not think so. The injury excuse does not cut it. If Jagr was creating scoring chances and attacking the net like a mad man only to get off a sissy shovel shot because one arm was dangling by a thread, then I understand. But he does not even get there. HE chooses not to.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:59 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs44 View Post
If I was Sather I would trade Jagr for Naslund and Brendan Morrison.

What are your thoughts on this trade? Your team is one dimensional with Jagr.

As opposed to utterly useless with those two you mentioned?

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Does Jagr's injury prevent him from putting forth maximum effort skating? Not shooting, skating. Did not think so. The injury excuse does not cut it. If Jagr was creating scoring chances and attacking the net like a mad man only to get off a sissy shovel shot because one arm was dangling by a thread, then I understand. But he does not even get there. HE chooses not to.
For a guy not creating scoring chances he sure has a ton of assists! If you had the amount of ice time he has, you'd glide some too ! He's not the same skater he was 10 years ago, he's definitely slowed down some, I don't know if its the chronic hamstrings or the increased girth, or maybe the constant muggings he was subject to for so long, but to say the things in this thread some people have is nothing short of ridiculous! You wanna complain he isn't skating hard that's your perogative, but to somehow think he is the root of the problems and the player they can use to solve them is just pure nonsense, besides, the way his contract reads, he's pretty much in the drivers seat and isn't going anywhere!

Old
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
goalxice25

Quote:
Jaromir Jagr singlehandedly has brought possibilities to this franchise. A franchise may I remind you all, that was the laughing stock of the NHL just 3 years ago. He's not a perfect player, but by god, he's tried his ass off as a Ranger, and seems very happy in a Ranger uniform. How you bash a guy who is obviously hurting and is still near the top in scoring is beyond me. Jagr is what he is, an offensively gifted hockey player. Does he have faults? Of course......he pouts at times, doesn't like to play defense,and can be moody.......but that description probably describes about 3/4 of the NHL's stars, so blow the get rid of Jagr thoughts out yer arse!
Making it into the playoffs and getting swept by the devils wasn't my idea of possibilities. It was a good start, but he doesn't bring anything to the team besides scoring, which has been lacking lately. And scoring is just one aspect. you can't win on scoring alone, and being a leader on the team you would think that jagr would step up and atleast try to motivate the team, in some sort of way, be it in the locker room or on the ice. But he doesn't. And you NEED that from your captain. Otherwise what is the point of him being the leader/captain. i've said it once and i'll say it again, he is a selfish player, who depsite "wanting to win a cup in new york" only cares about his own stats. Listen, I am grateful for what he has done for the team (last years playoof birth). but he is supposed to be a captain, a leader. it appears very clear that he is not commited to the team, and can't stand tall when faced with adversity. P.S. straka has been putting up numbers just below that of jagrs (due to a lot of defenses in the nhl targeting jagr) and yet no one questions strakas hustle or commitment to the team. while straka might not single handedly bring the rangers a cup, he helps to instill certain values in the rangers orginization, so for that i am extremely grateful. i will miss straka when he is gone, and players like him as well. i don't expect jagr to bring us a cup just yet, but leave the team in better shape, and help set team goals, rather than individual goals, for the new york rangers.

ohh and i'm sure 3/4 of the nhl stars are just like jagr, thats why only a handful ever get to drink from lord stanley.

this team needs to develop its own character, by building off of the veterans that are willing to teach and motivate the young, and in doing so, certain players will step up and fill the leadership voids that the so called captain has neglected. then and only then will the rangers be a contender. funny,shanny has been with the team only a fraction of the time that jagr has, but i.m.h.o embodies all of the characteristics that make a ranger a ranger (hard working day in and day out, doesn't make excuses, leads by example, and classy), a true team player.

goalxice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 02:43 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalxice25 View Post
Making it into the playoffs and getting swept by the devils wasn't my idea of possibilities. It was a good start, but he doesn't bring anything to the team besides scoring, which has been lacking lately. And scoring is just one aspect. you can't win on scoring alone, and being a leader on the team you would think that jagr would step up and atleast try to motivate the team, in some sort of way, be it in the locker room or on the ice. But he doesn't. And you NEED that from your captain. Otherwise what is the point of him being the leader/captain. i've said it once and i'll say it again, he is a selfish player, who depsite "wanting to win a cup in new york" only cares about his own stats. Listen, I am grateful for what he has done for the team (last years playoof birth). but he is supposed to be a captain, a leader. it appears very clear that he is not commited to the team, and can't stand tall when faced with adversity. P.S. straka has been putting up numbers just below that of jagrs (due to a lot of defenses in the nhl targeting jagr) and yet no one questions strakas hustle or commitment to the team. while straka might not single handedly bring the rangers a cup, he helps to instill certain values in the rangers orginization, so for that i am extremely grateful. i will miss straka when he is gone, and players like him as well. i don't expect jagr to bring us a cup just yet, but leave the team in better shape, and help set team goals, rather than individual goals, for the new york rangers.

ohh and i'm sure 3/4 of the nhl stars are just like jagr, thats why only a handful ever get to drink from lord stanley.

this team needs to develop its own character, by building off of the veterans that are willing to teach and motivate the young, and in doing so, certain players will step up and fill the leadership voids that the so called captain has neglected. then and only then will the rangers be a contender. funny,shanny has been with the team only a fraction of the time that jagr has, but i.m.h.o embodies all of the characteristics that make a ranger a ranger (hard working day in and day out, doesn't make excuses, leads by example, and classy), a true team player.
Shanny is a great example of a hard nosed NA player! You CANNOT expect a player like Jagr who is European to act like a NA player. They are culturally different. Jagrs goal is to win a cup as a Ranger, what else do you want the guy to say, he's not Shanny, he's not Messier.......and he's not gonna act like those players. What he does do , he does well, and that is score his butt off, even now with the shoulder problems. I don't think anyone thought last seasons end was good, but the season itself was as exciting for Ranger fans as its been for quite some time. the fact that Jagr has done as well here as he has should be applauded, instead folks look for ways to disrespect him. This season has been rough, no doubt, but to lay the blame at Jagrs feet is totally irresponsible and flat out wrong. When Prucha was burying the puck in the net last season and saying how Jagr was taking him under his wing, no one was bi9tching about Jagr, but with the obvious problems this season, all of a sudden, Jagr has become a villain, and I think its totally unfair, to a player who will go down as one of the greatest of all time offensively!

Old
01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
JamesG1221

Real Cherry Picker = Pavel Bure. He would be wondering around in the offensive zone waiting for the pass while it was deep in our own zone.

LOL he'd also score something like 80 goals with the new rules...

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:00 PM
cringer

Quote:
This is an absolutely RIDICULOUS thread! Jaromir Jagr singlehandedly has brought possibilities to this franchise.....
Thank you!

How quickly people forget that in September of 2005, the Rangers were picked virtually unanimously to finish dead last in the NHL, and prior to that - for years they the absolute laughing stock of the NHL and deservedly so.

Remember?

The fact that we even made the playoffs last year was a huge treat.

This season is only halfway through.

Relllllaaaaaaaxxxxxxx!

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
cringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
Real Cherry Picker = Pavel Bure. He would be wondering around in the offensive zone waiting for the pass while it was deep in our own zone.
I was at a game a few years back (vs. LA) and the Rangers were down 3-0 in the first. When LA scored the 3rd goal they had sustained deep pressure... through all of which Eric Lindros was wandering around the red line waiting for a pass, or 'cherry picking' as some prefer.

So glad that brain dead fool is gone.

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote