HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Classic Glen Sather sugar high.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:37 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Only the ones that are:

1.) Straight up goons who are lucky they can skate, let alone stick-handle. (Scott)

2.) Agitators who take dumb penalties or play dirty. (Cooke, Kaleta.)

3.) The good ones who are past their prime and should be replaced with a younger version. (Asham, Rupp)

The Rangers consistently waste picks and overpay in FA for guys who can't or can barely fill the role. They need to be developing these kinds of players not wasting assets on other teams hasbeens.

If they brought in the right guy for the right place they would be loved here ala Prust and Avery.
And lucky us getting a guy who fits both 2 and 3 (although Carcillo was never a good as Cooke, Asham, or Rupp).

Old
01-10-2014, 02:13 PM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
He played well in his limited minutes. Didn't hurt the team. Skated well and drew a penalty. He gets under opposing players' skin. Penalty led to a goal by Zucc. I think some of you are over analyzing this way too much. It was a 7th round pick. I don't like the guy either but he's here.
It's not that i dont want Cillo, cause we need every pair of balls we can get on this ultra-soft team.
But, i do prefer to give Haley a shot, or even play Stu on the wing, because those guys are really doing their best out there, playing with heart every shift.

Cillo looks like he's just out there cause he needs the money and hate people.

(Asham has turned soft, he's not even in the mix imo)

Old
01-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Credit where credit is due, he has played a responsible, physical game, each night

Old
01-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoves View Post
It's not that i dont want Cillo, cause we need every pair of balls we can get on this ultra-soft team.
But, i do prefer to give Haley a shot, or even play Stu on the wing, because those guys are really doing their best out there, playing with heart every shift.

Cillo looks like he's just out there cause he needs the money and hate people.

(Asham has turned soft, he's not even in the mix imo)
I think reality is Haley's a goner as a ufa or even dealt for another ahl body. If he was going to get a shot then they wouldn't have brought Carcilo in. Also Bickel is a dnan really and well terrible. Both don't have futures w this team. Use the roster spot on a drafted kid

Old
01-11-2014, 09:34 AM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Credit where credit is due, he has played a responsible, physical game, each night
Don't disagree. Didn't like the acquisition at the beginning, but Carcillo has done his job. His hit on Garbutt last night was a great hit.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Carcillo isn't the type of player who can handle the minutes AV gives his 4th line, as demonstrated by his negative impact in 6 minutes.
Were we watching the same game? Carcilo did a solid job vs Dallas which us why miller is down. Take the blind hate and realizes he serves a role this team needs . It's a 7th rounder who cares.

Old
01-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Garv23

I think he's been pretty solid. Get's the puck in deep, keeps himself in good position, throws his body around and adds some snarl. So far so good for me. The past is the past. he's a Ranger now.

Old
01-11-2014, 10:05 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Don't disagree. Didn't like the acquisition at the beginning, but Carcillo has done his job. His hit on Garbutt last night was a great hit.
Agreed. Not a Carcillo lover, but he played exactly they type of game that he needs to play on this charmin-soft team.

As for Haley, I would actually say that he can still play on this team's 4th line. Considering the teams needs, a 4th line of him and Carcillo may suit the team better than one that has both Moore and Boyle.

Old
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Haley is a **** hockey player. I don't understand the love affair with him. All he's done his last few games with the WP is play stupid. Detrimentally stupid.

01-11-2014, 12:42 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
That game was funny from a physical point of view. Both team are ultra soft and here comes carcillo to throw a hit every 5-10 minutes everyone is almost like wtf? We're just passing pucks here man chill!

Old
01-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

I'm happy with Carcillo so far. He's kinda the new Asham I guess, and we needed him after Dorsett went down. Wonder if he stays somehow when Dorse is back, but I don't see how unless there's another injury.

We're not a tough team, but having a few high energy guys who can hit at least gives us some edge. Cally, Dorsett, and now Carcillo as well. Kreider and Boyle to an extent. I'd even say D. Moore and Miller can play a physical game. Not soft, just not tough enough. Only takes 1 or 2 guys to change that really. McIlrath on D and a big physical winger who can drop the gloves.

Old
01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
dethomas07

he's played perfect for what hes suppose to do..

play smart and physical ad draw penalties, stir up the pot..

when dorsett is back when we play physical teams id put both in..

Old
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I'm happy with Carcillo so far. He's kinda the new Asham I guess, and we needed him after Dorsett went down. Wonder if he stays somehow when Dorse is back, but I don't see how unless there's another injury.

We're not a tough team, but having a few high energy guys who can hit at least gives us some edge. Cally, Dorsett, and now Carcillo as well. Kreider and Boyle to an extent. I'd even say D. Moore and Miller can play a physical game. Not soft, just not tough enough. Only takes 1 or 2 guys to change that really. McIlrath on D and a big physical winger who can drop the gloves.
I hated the aqcuisition, and granted it is early but I'm eating crow. Carcillo has played with an edge that this team has sorely lacked and he hasn't done anything stupid (while drawing a big penalty for us against his old team!). Carcillo provides some competition for Dorse at that spot, makes sure Dorse has a bit of fire under his ass when hes playing cause he knows he has someone competing for the spot. Carcillo as a 13th forward seems like a good option at this point in time.

Old
01-11-2014, 01:29 PM
clmetsfan

I thought he was a defensive liability (as expected) in the first game, and last night was slightly better. I'm not ready to reverse my opinion because he's gone 15 minutes without doing something stupid.

Old
01-11-2014, 02:07 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I thought he was a defensive liability (as expected) in the first game, and last night was slightly better. I'm not ready to reverse my opinion because he's gone 15 minutes without doing something stupid.
I don't know if any Ranger has had 8 hits in one game this year. He did that last night in 8:38. For the most part they were memorable hits. I don't like the guy that much either but that's ****ing good. The reason he can connect so often is his skating is good.

Old
01-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Haley is a **** hockey player. I don't understand the love affair with him. All he's done his last few games with the WP is play stupid. Detrimentally stupid.
I feel the same way about Haley.

Ive actually been surprised by how professional Carcillo has looked in his limited showing so far. If he can continue to play the way he has I'd be very happy to keep him on the 4th line. I wonder how well him and Dorsett will mesh. If they click that would be a pretty good team imo.

Old
01-12-2014, 06:59 PM
TweetyLeaf

This is the last post i'm gonna make about this subject.

I thank you all for bashing out on Carcillo before giving him a chance.
I thank Carcillo, because he proved i'm right.

I asked you guys to give him a chance and you just hushed me and i'm not even Rangers fan.

If this guy can get you going, start being behind him and appreciate the effort he gives to your team, he deserves it.

Have a nice rest of the season, take care.

PS: I hope that at least some of you learned your lesson.

Be a true fan. Think positive.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post

I asked you guys to give him a chance and you just hushed me and i'm not even Rangers fan.

If this guy can get you going, start being behind him and appreciate the effort he gives to your team, he deserves it.

Get the hell out of here with that positivity and good logic! It's unwelcome.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post

Sorry you had to endure that. There's a strong contingency of anything anti-toughness, anti-agitation, anti-fighting, anti-shotblocking Ranger fans on this board.

Pro-Whining though. That ain't stopping no time soon, and everyone's gonna find out.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Lmao.

One period and you're proven right?

No. Come back in 10 games please and we'll see if you're still "proven right." I want good players on my team, sorry if acquiring a bad player just to have people come here and act like it's a great move isn't my thing.

I actually can't believe this. What a self-righteous post after one ****ing good period after he was useless the last two games. Pinning people on the boards doesn't make someone a useful player.

I'd love if he play like this all season. He won't, i'm willing to bet anything.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Carbomb beast mode tonight.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:57 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Carcillo is a "good" player for his player type. He just makes some boneheaded decisions that usually hurt his club. That's his downside.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Lmao.

One period and you're proven right?

No. Come back in 10 games please and we'll see if you're still "proven right." I want good players on my team, sorry if acquiring a bad player just to have people come here and act like it's a great move isn't my thing.

I actually can't believe this. What a self-righteous post after one ****ing good period after he was useless the last two games. Pinning people on the boards doesn't make someone a useful player.

I'd love if he play like this all season. He won't, i'm willing to bet anything.
I don't get what you're all wound up about? Would you rather be right, with a dumb opinion, or give a guy some slack for contributing. It's one period, but he's played well a couple games on the 4th line. A 4th line signing.... what the hell were you expecting out of this kind of addition? A goal and driving a few players isn't enough impact for this kind of acquisition?

You want an extended strong performance? It's Daniel Carcillo for chirssakes. No one expects long term rewards. He wasn't even signed for that. He was signed for immediate ones. Like tonight. One good, contributing, period out of 3 games is way above what we normally see. If he flops next week, but we get some points tonight, what the hell did you really want?

Old
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Carcillo is a "good" player for his player type. He just makes some boneheaded decisions that usually hurt his club. That's his downside.
exactly this.

if you (not you specifically) are looking for or expecting more than you will be mad.

What he does well is piss opponents off and sometimes they get called. It's part of what makes them who they are.

kill the penalties he takes, and score on the PP's he generates.

I know, easier said than done.

Closed Thread