HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Rather have Stu Bickel out there?....that says it all

Old
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
mcsauer2738

Carcillo is going to get someone hurt out there. WTF is he thinking starting a brawl with 11 seconds left. Only thing that will come from that is a non-fighter on the rangers getting hurt.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:46 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Carcillo is going to get someone hurt out there. WTF is he thinking starting a brawl with 11 seconds left. Only thing that will come from that is a non-fighter on the rangers getting hurt.
Seriously?

Looks like I'm one of the few that actually likes what Carcillo brings to the team.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Rather have Stu Bickel out there?....that says it all
I wouldn't. He has been good. Finally someone with some fire.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Taking the buttend of Hartnell's stick is starting a brawl?

Old
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Please.....

It's about time some of these guys got involved more. He brings something this team lacked. I can't wait until I see both he ad Dorsett in the line up together.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
This is a joke right? He was punched in the face. This is hockey. It's about time this team showed some balls. You are very, very, very naive if you think Simmonds wouldnt have went after someone else if Carcillo wasnt on the team. Moore won his fight. Boyle didnt fight.

Worst post I've read in awhile. Glad this team isnt a bunch of pansies.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfHags View Post
Seriously?

Looks like I'm one of the few that actually likes what Carcillo brings to the team.
Did you see who was on the ice? There's 11 seconds left the rangers have a bunch of non-fighters out there and Carcillo's starting a brawl when the flyers have 4 guys that are willing to drop the gloves out there.

I love the role that he plays, I really do but he needs to know when to pick his spots. If Dorsett was also out there with him I'm all good with that. I'm actually really excited to have both carcillo and dorsett in the lineup, we won't get pushed around.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What exactly did he do to start that brawl?

Carcillo is making me eat crow. Looks like a very decent pickup thus far.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:50 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
What exactly did he do to start that brawl?

Carcillo is making me eat crow. Looks like a very decent pickup thus far.
Listen, I'm a carcillo fan when he's on our team, I love the style that he plays. It just wasn't a good time to try and start something with 11 seconds left.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Please.....

It's about time some of these guys got involved more. He brings something this team lacked. I can't wait until I see both he ad Dorsett in the line up together.
Is that a realistic line though?

Who goes? Moore? Unlikely. It's Dorsett or Carcillo unless someone gets hurt in the bottom 6.

Only way Moore gets scratched is if we got someone like a Foligno, who is fast, has some goal scoring ability, big, can fight, and has good forechecking ability.

Dorsett/Carcillo are small, provide energy but only 1 of them is needed. We need a bigger guy for the Hartnells, Simmonds', etc.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I wouldn't. He has been good. Finally someone with some fire.
Oh absolutely agree. Carcillo has been Sean Avery 2.0. Not the scoring punch but he has been a welcomed addition.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Did you see who was on the ice? There's 11 seconds left the rangers have a bunch of non-fighters out there and Carcillo's starting a brawl when the flyers have 4 guys that are willing to drop the gloves out there.

I love the role that he plays, I really do but he needs to know when to pick his spots. If Dorsett was also out there with him I'm all good with that. I'm actually really excited to have both carcillo and dorsett in the lineup, we won't get pushed around.
They had the fourth line and bottom D pairing. Not sure who else should be out there.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Listen, I'm a carcillo fan when he's on our team, I love the style that he plays. It just wasn't a good time to try and start something with 11 seconds left.
It was a fine time. Flyers were hitting late, running into Hank, running our players all game. The game was out of reach, no risk of a momentum swing, let them know that they won't get away with how they play without a response.

AV sending out Carcillo, Moore, and Boyle out there for the final 40 seconds should tell you all you need to know about if the team thought it was right to end it out with a fight or not.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

Who goes? Moore? Unlikely. It's Dorsett or Carcillo unless someone gets hurt in the bottom 6.

Only way Moore gets scratched is if we got someone like a Foligno, who is fast, has some goal scoring ability, big, can fight, and has good forechecking ability.

Dorsett/Carcillo are small, provide energy but only 1 of them is needed. We need a bigger guy for the Hartnells, Simmonds', etc.
Dorsett and Carcillo are perfectly capable of going with the Simmonds' and Hartnell's of the league.

Carcillo is a LW. Dorsett is a RW. Moore in the middle. Dorsett and Moore on the PK together.

I would say Boyle would be the one to go.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:54 PM
E-Train

Quote:

Not completely true. John Moore, as proven, can fight either Schenn, Carcillo can easily beat Hartnell and draw Simmonds. Against a tougher team than the Flyers it cold be an issue.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:54 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Thought about this today. I guess we cross that bridge when we come to it. I have to say, Carcillo has been more noticeable in terms of the physical game than Dorsett had been. More hitting. More Snarl.

Btw, no way Moore sits, too valuable.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

This. Is. Hockey.

He didn't start a brawl. He was punched in the face.

Who else did you want out there with the Rangers getting the last change? (Don't even answer that)

Glad this team has a pulse. We got bullied by Pittsburgh's AHL player, Sil, the day before we traded for Carcillo. It was time to change this team's demeanor.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Thought about this today. I guess we cross that bridge when we come to it. I have to say, Carcillo has been more noticeable in terms of the physical game than Dorsett had been. More hitting. More Snarl.

Dorsett was good in his role as well but Carcillo seems a bit crazier. I think they'd do well together and they both skate well.

He is making me eat my original words. He's a pain in the ass when he's on the other team but it's about time the Rangers added a player like that. He's not old. Only 28.

Old
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Dorsett and Carcillo are perfectly capable of going with the Simmonds' and Hartnell's of the league.

Carcillo is a LW. Dorsett is a RW. Moore in the middle. Dorsett and Moore on the PK together.

I could see this occasionally.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

I think Dorsett lost his snarl because of that wrist injury. Couldn't fight effectively with a gimpy wrist.

What I like about Carcillo more than Dorsett is that he's been on 3 winning franchises, at least 2 teams that played in the SC (I can't remember if he was on Philly with Boucher but that'd make it 3). That type of stuff is valuable. He knows what it takes to win. Dorsett doesn't. In that regard, once Dorsett is healthy, I think you sit him until theres a vacant spot. Like Dorsett's heart but think Carcillo fits the role better.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I could see this occasionally.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle traded at the deadline.

Old
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

Boyle the one to go...

He's like 4th in the league in faceoffs, on our first PK unit, and regularly slotted up lines when we need a spot player throughout the game.

AV trusts him. He's thriving under AV. Mutually beneficial relationship. He's not going.

Old
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle traded at the deadline.
I would be.

Old
01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I think Dorsett lost his snarl because of that wrist injury. Couldn't fight effectively with a gimpy wrist.

What I like about Carcillo more than Dorsett is that he's been on 3 winning franchises, at least 2 teams that played in the SC (I can't remember if he was on Philly with Boucher but that'd make it 3). That type of stuff is valuable. He knows what it takes to win. Dorsett doesn't. In that regard, once Dorsett is healthy, I think you sit him until theres a vacant spot. Like Dorsett's heart but think Carcillo fits the role better.
I think he was on that Philly team. But regardless, agree with everything else. Carcillo has added more than Dorsett had been. Yea maybe it was Dorsett's wrist, but he still wasn't skating around hitting the crap out of the opposing team to spark his own team. Carcillo has done that.

Closed Thread