HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VI

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2014, 11:31 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcoyotes View Post
That place is delicious. That's my families go-to for anniversaries and such. It's pretty upscale, but not over the top. Fantastic food too.
Prices didn't seem outrageous either for meals, guess that's what I'll be planning on if I can make a reservation. Thanks Tyler.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:29 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Has anyone driven up South Mountain? I've read that you can drive up South Mountain and get a good lookout of Phoenix. I'm trying to think of things to do on Valentine's Day with the lady. I'm thinking a nice dinner somewhere, then going to South Mountain just hanging out/drinking some wine, then going on back to her place for more wine and whatever else happens. I wanted to do a cooking class with her, I think that would be nice to do together, but Sweet Basil is full and I'm not having much luck finding other places to do that on V-day. Any suggestions from you romantic folk here?
Quiessence, located at the farm at South Mountain, is nice and romantic. The food is good, too.

http://www.thefarmatsouthmountain.co...ce-restaurant/

Old
01-13-2014, 12:44 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Quiessence, located at the farm at South Mountain, is nice and romantic. The food is good, too.

http://www.thefarmatsouthmountain.co...ce-restaurant/
While that place looks great, seems to be a bit out of my price range.

Although, I am confused by their dinner menu. I see the $79 per person at the top, is that just something for the seasonal tasting menu, and I could actually go there and enjoy a dinner for the prices I see on the menu per item, without paying $79 per person?

Old
01-13-2014, 02:38 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

Although, I am confused by their dinner menu. I see the $79 per person at the top, is that just something for the seasonal tasting menu, and I could actually go there and enjoy a dinner for the prices I see on the menu per item, without paying $79 per person?
Pretty sure the $79 is some sort of a pre-packaged seasonal offering and yes you should be able to go there and order from the menu like a normal restaurant.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:01 AM
0point1
StroManHan

vCash: 197
Here is the pic of my "closet bedroom"

Old
01-14-2014, 10:06 AM
zz

Quote:

I'd call the make sure, but tasting menus are usually an option to get a bunch of small plates rather than a standard-size appetizer and entree. Meaning yes, you should be able to order a la carte.

You're right, the place is not cheap. Just didn't know what your budget was.

The Phoenix New Times recommends this place (see link below) in south Phoenix; I looked at the menu, it's a bit cheaper than Quiessence and they have what looks like a nice patio. I've never been, but it looks interesting. Same owner as Quiessence, and the chef comes from St Francis, which always had great food.

http://www.houseatsecretgarden.com/

Old
01-14-2014, 10:26 AM
awfulwaffle

0point1, I love the bed in the closet. Looks like it's a good fit! Shoot, I wouldn't want to go back to sleeping in the room itself!

Old
01-14-2014, 12:16 PM
awfulwaffle

So I got suns tickets for the lakers tomorrow night. I was thinking I might try to take a bus from 19th avenue/beardsley road to the montebello light rail station, and then take the light rail to the game. I'd rather just pay $4 for a round trip than driving my car down to the arena and have to deal with paying for parking, or driving it to the montebello station if I'm going to pay for using the light rail anyways.

Anyone go to suns games? Do they normally have light rail trains heading westbound waiting for the game to finish, so you can hop on right away and take that back to the montebello station? My only concern is I don't want to get out of the game(I'm assuming it will end around 9pm), and then not get on a light rail until later, and I wind up not having a bus at the montebello station to take back to 19th avenue and beardsley road.

Old
01-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Just an FYI, as I'm going to brag a bit, but the AZ Royals 14U inline hockey team won the tournament up in Lake Havasu this past weekend.

If you haven't experienced inline hockey, great time for the parents, great time for the kids, if you have kids and they like hockey, this is one of the best experiences they could have.

Old
01-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Desert Ice 11
;)

vCash: 450
Quote:
0point1, I love the bed in the closet. Looks like it's a good fit! Shoot, I wouldn't want to go back to sleeping in the room itself!
Turn the closet to a bedroom closet and the old bedroom into an arcade...or other type of room full of fun

Old
01-14-2014, 05:51 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
Turn the closet to a bedroom closet and the old bedroom into an arcade...or other type of room full of fun
I like that idea, haha.

Old
01-15-2014, 01:37 AM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/14/justin...earch-warrant/

Quote:
Justin Bieber's BFF Lil Za has just been arrested for COCAINE POSSESSION at the singer's home -- during the early morning raid stemming from the Bieber egg attack on his neighbor.

A rep for the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. confirmed the arrest for FELONY drug possession ... and said the cocaine was "in plain view" during the raid. Officials say Bieber was "not connected" to the cocaine.

Za's bail has been set $20,000. He is still in custody.

Old
01-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

And why should anyone care?

Old
01-15-2014, 08:07 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Well I don't know. It's kind of funny. They go egging and end up with a felony because of sheer stupidity. Pretty funny

01-15-2014, 08:31 AM
awfulwaffle

So I went ahead and made reservations for Top of the Rock restaurant. I called Rokerij last night but they aren't doing reservations until next Wednesday, and I wanted to make sure that I had a place to go to ahead of time instead of trying to plan last minute. Had it suggested by a friend. Looks like a nice place to have dinner with a great view. Prices don't seem too outrageous. Dinner bill can go up quickly though, assuming we get a bottle of wine. I hate being a guy sometimes!

Old
01-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Flying Chalupa

Was reading the Phx business journal and saw that a couple of the top December home sales were coyote related.

Adrian Aucoin to Mike Ribeiro for $5.5M

Claude Lemieux to Kevin Weiss (Skymall CEO I think) for $2.9M

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...sive-home.html

Old
01-15-2014, 11:30 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 50
Obviously homes like this tens to hold their value, but $5.5m makes no sense to me. Ribeiro is single, right? Does the house come with Emma Stone pre-installed?

Old
01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Obviously homes like this tens to hold their value, but $5.5m makes no sense to me. Ribeiro is single, right? Does the house come with Emma Stone pre-installed?
He's married. You might remember this headline:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...131504760.html

Old
01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
He's married. You might remember this headline:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...131504760.html
Is that her holding the Mich Ultra? If not, is that one single ?

EDIT: Damn, looked closer and there is a ring.

Last edited by Dirty Old Man: 01-15-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: looked again
Old
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
Is that her holding the Mich Ultra? If not, is that one single ?

EDIT: Damn, looked closer and there is a ring.
Just a speed bump bro.

Old
01-17-2014, 07:18 PM
0point1
StroManHan

vCash: 197
Like 2 weeks ago I posted on here that I lost $120 somewhere in my house. What is really weird is today it magically appeared on my tv stand. I can't explain how it got there because I am the only one here and I never put it there. The only think I can think of is that my dad put it there before he left so I would stop wasting my time searching the house for it. I called him and asked but he said he didn't put any money there. So weird.

Old
01-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Mossberg 50120

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0point1 View Post
Like 2 weeks ago I posted on here that I lost $120 somewhere in my house. What is really weird is today it magically appeared on my tv stand. I can't explain how it got there because I am the only one here and I never put it there. The only think I can think of is that my dad put it there before he left so I would stop wasting my time searching the house for it. I called him and asked but he said he didn't put any money there. So weird.
Well, at least you got your money back.

01-17-2014, 07:39 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I broke into your house and the stole the money. Then when I saw you post about it, I felt bad, so I broke into your house again today and put it back. But in all seriousness, it was probably magic.

Old
01-17-2014, 07:57 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Good thing you found it though. It's weird, but the less you think about it and the more you spend on me, life becomes easier.

(I'll take a Ribeiro jersey. Size M. Preferably away, but won't complain about home).

Old
01-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
That is pretty weird but that is the kind of thing you shouldn't judge or think about it.

Closed Thread