HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garrioch: Lowe trying to move Torres and Lupul "All season"

Old
01-24-2007, 02:25 PM
R-MAN83

vCash: 500
I would think for the right D-man almost anyone would be available but I'm guessing not both.

R-MAN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Lessy

I was thinking today about which player, Torres or Lupul would have more trade value. I'm thinking it's Lupul but not by too much... What do others think?

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Lupul for Sourey

How about it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Gamefreak
Bee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Lupul for Sourey

How about it.
The biggest name in the Chris Pronger trade for a one-dimensional defenseman who can leave for nothing at the beginning of July?
No.

Gamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Lupul for Sourey

How about it.
If he was signed maybe. That to me is like asking if you want to rent Ryan Smyth in return for Chris Higgins.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by *M*J*D* View Post
TGarrioch was one of the people saying earlier last year the Pronger wanted out and nobody believed it, so maybe it has been Lowes plan all along to try to grab another elite d-man for Torres, Lupul, and picks if possible.
it wasn't fat boy that broke the pronger story, it was that balding weasel looking guy that Burke almost punched out. As far as I know, Garrioch has never broken a trade story which is pretty incredible for all the stuff he writes. He may be the least reliable rumour writer in the business.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
I think there is a chance that the oilers may have been and are still trying to deal Torres

Lupul

not so much

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerz View Post
I think that Stuart is the most realistic PM D-man we can hope for, if he can pry him away. It may take Lupul AND Torres tho.
a.) Would Oiler Fans be willing to part with Lupul and Torres for Brad Stuart, as it stands now? Stuart will be a UFA this coming offseason, and it looks like he wants to play out west.

b.) Would Oiler Fans be willing to part with Lupul and Torres for Brad Stuart, if Brad signs a 3 year - $16.5 million contract?
In Boston's mind: Brad Stuart @ $5.5/season > Torres + Lupul. But if Brad makes it perfectly clear that he wants to go back to the west coast, I could see this happening.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Oilerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
a.) Would Oiler Fans be willing to part with Lupul and Torres for Brad Stuart, as it stands now? Stuart will be a UFA this coming offseason, and it looks like he wants to play out west.

b.) Would Oiler Fans be willing to part with Lupul and Torres for Brad Stuart, if Brad signs a 3 year - $16.5 million contract?
In Boston's mind: Brad Stuart @ $5.5/season > Torres + Lupul. But if Brad makes it perfectly clear that he wants to go back to the west coast, I could see this happening.
At this point I would be willing, but I'm not Gm. Not yet anyway.

Oilerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrancis View Post
Garrioch reported today that the Oilers are interested in Corvo for either Lupol or Torres. Why would the Oilers want a D with a big contract and no defensive skills.....
excuse me??? big contract?? 4 years at 2.5 million per is a bargain considering the premium for offensive puck moving defencemen. I've watched him play because he is on my fantasy team and i absolutely love him. He's had a few gaffs on D, but every D has those days. He's awesome at moving the puck out of the zone, shooting on net and rushing the puck through the neutral zone. I assure you, he would be amazing as an Oiler.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
The biggest name in the Chris Pronger trade for a one-dimensional defenseman who can leave for nothing at the beginning of July?
No.

Souray actually isn't one-dimensional. He had an extremely bad year defensively last season (similar to Rivet this season), but otherwise has always been one of their rocks on defense, plays physical and is a leader on their team. I'd feel confident with Souray in my top-4 going into the playoffs.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote