HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers @ Rangers: New and improved correct poll choices!

View Poll Results: Pick your 3 stars
Boyle 2 1.52%
Brassard 3 2.27%
Callahan 0 0%
Carcillo 20 15.15%
Hagelin 0 0%
Kreider 11 8.33%
Dom Moore 0 0%
Nash 7 5.30%
Benny Poos 1 0.76%
Richards 0 0%
Stepan 0 0%
The Zuke 16 12.12%
Michael Zeel Dalto 2 1.52%
Girardi 1 0.76%
Staal 0 0%
Stralman 0 0%
McDonagh 1 0.76%
Johnny Moore 1 0.76%
Hank 67 50.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
If Lundqvist returns back to form and gives him goalsupport Rangers could be a scary down the road nice win
I think we could compete with anyone, not saying that we would beat Boston or Pittsburgh, but at least compete in the sense that we just wouldn't surrender when we play a better team like we have done the last years.

But, we still have a few flaws. Defensive coverege has not been sorted out entirely. We make some misstakes still in the transition game. We are a bit small / weak. Hank is still a bit shaky, especially in certain situations.

I think teams get into that scary mode when things just happend by themselves. When the players just can disconnect any though process and they know what they are getting. While a team is still flawed in some areas, it is only a matter of time before the next WTF moment and hence we are bound to still struggle some from time to time. I still think we are mixing it up quite a lot. Attacking well at times. Defending well at times. The attack comes when we are really dilligent with the puck and takes risks, we are not comfortable doing that when we want to defend.

What I like though is that -- when / if we get there, be it later this year or next year -- we will be good for real. Again, not saying that we would be so good that we would overtake Boston and Pittsburgh as the best teams in the conference, but maybe good enough to be in the same cathegory as them and a clear No 3 in the East.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 04:00 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Ha ha Lars Ulrich should watch out. Semin and Shenn are after his job in Metallica

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 04:03 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I screwed it up again. No more PGT's for me. I give up.
I think it's finally got right with those added %. Ended up at 100%?
Usually it's 2-300% or something.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 04:04 AM
Ola

I really really liked some individual performances and especially the passing by Zucc.

Its like every good play he makes offensively triggers him even more to make another one, he is definitely special in that sense. He got the record for most pts by a non-Swede in the SHL, and the above is the reason for that. Hopefully he can get into that beast mode for real in the NHL.

I mean, he got 23 pts in the last 25 games. That is probably top 20 in the NHL the last 25 games. And its not like the pts are pilling up for him, he has a bunch of games that he took like a pt from but he easily could have had 2-3 pts instead with a little luck.

Old
01-13-2014, 04:23 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Oscar Limburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I really really liked some individual performances and especially the passing by Zucc.

Its like every good play he makes offensively triggers him even more to make another one, he is definitely special in that sense. He got the record for most pts by a non-Swede in the SHL, and the above is the reason for that. Hopefully he can get into that beast mode for real in the NHL.

I mean, he got 23 pts in the last 25 games. That is probably top 20 in the NHL the last 25 games. And its not like the pts are pilling up for him, he has a bunch of games that he took like a pt from but he easily could have had 2-3 pts instead with a little luck.
Yep, tonight he could've had a goal, too.

He's a stud.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

He was robbed of an assist last night with that ridiculous "intent to blow" call.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpz View Post
Great game all around. Hank, Nash and Carcillo with the stars. Really wish Callahan would add something, just looks like he's floating out there offensively, though he does still have his great moments defensively.
If his shot was an inch over he would've had a goal..

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yep, tonight he could've had a goal, too.

He's a stud.
Yeah for sure, if he keeps it up he will face a new challenge though, and that is the attention of the best D's and checkers of the other team. I am not sure how well he will handle that, against Toronto Paul Ranger finnished a few really solid hits on him. Definitely slowed Zucc down.

But, nobody is expecting him to be able to become a steady top 10-15 scorer in the NHL.

Old
01-13-2014, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

The Rangers always beat the Flyers. Seven straight losses for Philly at the Garden. The Rangers should have a good week with Tampa Bay and Detroit coming in. If Bishop doesn't play,the Rangers will face Lindback. The Rangers can't beat Bishop who is coming off IR today. He might play tonight in Columbus or tomorrow night. The Wings are an injured team. They had a tough time in 48 game season but beat the Ducks and nearly beat Chicago.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

15th place overall for the first time this season and .500 at home (finally). Good. Keep it up.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Thunder Buddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Fantastic game. The Hags-Richards-Callahan line had alot of trouble getting things going, but with them scoring in the past 4 games straight, I'll give a pass tonight.
Not really their fault. With all the penalties, Special teams were on the ice for a good 20 mins. That took a lot of mins away from that line, and also Richards being on that line after the 5 PP they had.

Thunder Buddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 07:59 AM
tbonenc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Just finished watching the game. The game was a lot closer than the score indicates. The difference was Hank. I am not sold on the D yet, they were a few breakdowns.
Few observations:
- What happened to Stepan? He is definitely not the same player he was last season.
- Stralman is allergic to hitting, I could tell he was intimidated.
- J Moore should be tried as a forward, he is still struggling defensively. He is not shy to drop the mits, so that's always good.
- Zuke, aka Shampoo, is just a treat to watch, in all facets of the game. He had that ill advised penalty, but he was all over the ice.
- Nash is more engaged.
- DZ was pretty good, a couple of good shots, low and hard, played the body effectively.
- Team needs another Kreider, he is that good.
- Carcillo is earning his paycheck. I hate him less.
- Brass is looking better, he had a couple of good chances and that snipe was sweet.
- The way they were passing the puck on the PP was good to watch.
- Can't miss those McD.
I don't think it was as close as you think. The Rangers had countless times to put the game completely out of reach. Conservatively, we should have scored six goals, probably more. Too many times we missed open nets or shot the puck wide on good scoring chances.

Yes, the Flyers looked better when we were up and the game was already decided.

Hank did play well tonight. I think he a great job controlling rebounds, which has been a problem for him this year. If we can get him playing well again on a consistent basis, we will become a dangerous team.

tbonenc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
15th place overall for the first time this season and .500 at home (finally). Good. Keep it up.
This is why I haven't advocated for blowing things up, like some here have. If a couple guys start playing to their capabilities (Staal, Nash, Lundqvist), then we're a top ten team overall I think.

The team looks to be turning a corner. Detroit, Ottawa, Jersey, Washington, and three against the Isles the rest of the month. We have an opportunity to really start to cement ourselves as a playoff team.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:42 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
Seriously Simmonds has been a problem for us for years. Dubinsky used to be the guy who got in his face, guys like Carcillo dorsett and even j Moore are adding toughness back in the line up. McDonagh had nastiness to his game tonight too
THAT right there is what is going to help make McDonagh so much more difficult to play against.

He's already hard to play against, when he starts to be MORE nasty like that on a regular basis, teams will start steering away from him.

Ryan McDonagh is the Rangers next Captain.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:56 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I cant forget him beating up on Gaborik.
being mad at Carcillo for beating up a player that dropped his gloves first is akin to being mad at a snake when it bites you.

snakes bite and pests pester.

The guy you should be more mad at is Girardi for standing there and allowing it.

no other team allows their star player to get pounded like that from a pest like Carcillo.

I have forgiven Girardi for that misdeed because of what he did to Hartnell a year later, but it took a year for him to redeem himself.

I had no issues with Carcillo then, no now.

What he did is part of the game. It's what makes him the player that he is.

glad he plays for the Rangers now.

Old
01-13-2014, 08:59 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Funny how quickly people want to turn around and support Carcillo.

I want him gone and never wanted him at all. Get healthy soon Dorsett
he keeps playing this effectively, Dorsett is not going to bump him from the line up.

Mr. Softie will go first

Old
01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
If Lundqvist returns back to form and the skaters gives him goalsupport Rangers could be a scary down the road nice win
Been saying this since pretty much 05. It's insanity for me to keep thinking it. I wish to be pleasantly overjoyed if it happens

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:10 AM
pld459666

Love that we have put together a nice string of games gettign 8 wins in the last 11 is great.

We are still in need of a winger with size.

We also are going to need offensive contributions from Callahan and Hagelin

Lastly we are needing a cannon on the Point for the PP.

I love that it's clicking without one, I think that is a testament to the coach running the practices (something Brassard stated they practice now every day).

What I think makes this Rangers PP deadly is having the option of a bomb at the point. Not a weapon to be used primarily, but have it out there that opposing teams have to respect.

winning games is nice, but the problems we were discussing before the good fortune are still problems.

Still to soft and small up front. Our transition game has been better which makes us look faster, but we are still a pretty slow team and our defence is still a little more timid than I would like.

Old
01-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Levitate

How do people think the Rangers are being held back by being "small and soft" up front? I don't really see them having trouble forechecking and taking the puck away from teams, so I'm just curious why this is apparently such a huge deal?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Ulfie28

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Love that we have put together a nice string of games gettign 8 wins in the last 11 is great.

We are still in need of a winger with size.

We also are going to need offensive contributions from Callahan and Hagelin

Lastly we are needing a cannon on the Point for the PP.

I love that it's clicking without one, I think that is a testament to the coach running the practices (something Brassard stated they practice now every day).

What I think makes this Rangers PP deadly is having the option of a bomb at the point. Not a weapon to be used primarily, but have it out there that opposing teams have to respect.

winning games is nice, but the problems we were discussing before the good fortune are still problems.

Still to soft and small up front. Our transition game has been better which makes us look faster, but we are still a pretty slow team and our defence is still a little more timid than I would like.
Agreed. 5 on 4, better to have all 5 players as a threat.

Ulfie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Yeah, but we are still in deep. Preferbly we would go 8-2 or something over the coming 10 games to be in a somewhat decent position.

Right now 9 teams are within 5 pts and fighting for 3 PO's spot. You at least don't want to be right in the middle of that with 10-20 games to go...

Old
01-13-2014, 10:14 AM
McRanger

Brassard played a great game.

Not just the goal but the general nastiness of his game. He mixed it up a few times. Maybe Zucc is rubbing off on him.

The team still needs to up its defensive 5-on-5 play. They've gotten better in "settled" play, i.e. keeping the opposition to the outside during cycling and perimeter play, but they still look sloppy picking up their men on rushes and during flurries around the net.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
He was robbed of an assist last night with that ridiculous "intent to blow" call.
Kinda like how intent to blow the whistle didn't exist on Kadri's goal .

Such BS.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Harleydude666*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
being mad at Carcillo for beating up a player that dropped his gloves first is akin to being mad at a snake when it bites you.

snakes bite and pests pester.

The guy you should be more mad at is Girardi for standing there and allowing it.

no other team allows their star player to get pounded like that from a pest like Carcillo.

I have forgiven Girardi for that misdeed because of what he did to Hartnell a year later, but it took a year for him to redeem himself.

I had no issues with Carcillo then, no now.

What he did is part of the game. It's what makes him the player that he is.

glad he plays for the Rangers now.
This! I have no clue why Ranger fans are bashing this guy. This is what we were missing and we have it now. He actually provides even more intimidation than Dorsett although he is not as good as a player.

Harleydude666* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Rangers PP so good it nets one vs the best PK in the league. This must make Torts head explode

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote