HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Toughness II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2014, 10:45 AM
  #451
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Whatever they have focused on has not really worked for them.

Fine but there is no need for him and Boyle to be in the line up if Carcillo can keep up his play when Dorsett comes back. Having Dorsett and the Carcillo that we have seen is will serve this team in a better way than having both Moore and Boyle.
One cup. 74 years. No argument there.

BUT

...if the Rangers have a decent run this year, that would be three in three years. That's about as consistent as this organization gets.

Unless something serious happens Boyle and Moore anchor the 4th line.

It just is.

Boyle continues to keep his place in the line up through two very different coaching regimes. I don't pretend to know everything, but these guys must know something that is rarely reflected here.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:49 AM
  #452
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
If Boyle comes out of the lineup for Carcillo, I'm gonna cut a *****

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:01 AM
  #453
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
The switch to a "top nine" from a "top six" has probably changed the kinds of checking players we can ice, yeah. I like Boyle and Moore a lot. They're not that chippy and their points totals probably look like something out of a bad dream, but they get a ton of defensive zone starts and generally do well enough for us to give more creative freedom to a wider range of skill forwards. Don't see a reason to scratch either one outside of maybe the odd rivalry game.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
  #454
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
John Moore can fight? Yes he can, he did pretty well last night

And Carcillo the kind of agitator we need. I like his game because I'm a Rangers fan, otherwise I'd hate him...

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:38 AM
  #455
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Unless something serious happens Boyle and Moore anchor the 4th line.
Anchor is a strong word. They are 4th liners. To me, on THIS team, to have Dorsett and a current level Carcillo do more than Moore and Boyle. And I am not a Boyle hater at all. I like him and think that he is a fine 4th line center. I just think that (again, this ass-u-mes that Carcillo can continue to play like this) the team needs more of what is being provided by Dorsett/Carcillo than Moore/Boyle.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:09 PM
  #456
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Anchor is a strong word. They are 4th liners. To me, on THIS team, to have Dorsett and a current level Carcillo do more than Moore and Boyle. And I am not a Boyle hater at all. I like him and think that he is a fine 4th line center. I just think that (again, this ass-u-mes that Carcillo can continue to play like this) the team needs more of what is being provided by Dorsett/Carcillo than Moore/Boyle.
I see what your saying and tend to agree.

Again in a perfect world you would have what the coaches like in what Boyle and Moore provide combined with what many see as the very important grit/toughness that Carcillo and Dorsett bring.

It's a blend that can really add to the team dynamic in hockey but it's also tough as hell to get right....especially for the Rangers.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:12 PM
  #457
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
I know people like Boyle. Hell, I like Boyle but having both he and Moore on the 4th line is redundant. When Dorsett gets back, maximize an asset. Moore is the better centerman. He can actually connect on passes.

Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

Trade Boyle.

I would have no issue with re-signing Moore. Boyle will command more.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
  #458
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I know people like Boyle. Hell, I like Boyle but having both he and Moore on the 4th line is redundant. When Dorsett gets back, maximize an asset. Moore is the better centerman. He can actually connect on passes.

Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

Trade Boyle.

I would have no issue with re-signing Moore. Boyle will command more.
I dont think Moore is better than Boyle.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 02:25 PM
  #459
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont think Moore is better than Boyle.
He is a better center for sure. Boyle is more suited to the wing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
  #460
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I know people like Boyle. Hell, I like Boyle but having both he and Moore on the 4th line is redundant. When Dorsett gets back, maximize an asset. Moore is the better centerman. He can actually connect on passes.

Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

Trade Boyle.

I would have no issue with re-signing Moore. Boyle will command more.
Moore can also skate well and does not slow down the play like Brian Boyle does at times... Moore also can pass the pick and stick handle much better than Brian Boyle does.. Moore is also cheaper than Boyle and Boyle will get 2.0+ maybe 2.5 as an UFA and if not more from a desperate team, id trade Boyle

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 02:35 PM
  #461
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Moore can also skate well and does not slow down the play like Brian Boyle does at times... Moore also can pass the pick and stick handle much better than Brian Boyle does..
Ahh yes, the Jeff Halpern principle.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:09 PM
  #462
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Hey Brian Boyle u wanna stay in the line up or not get traded? Chip in with the odd goal and don't get rag dolled by school girls

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:15 PM
  #463
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Hey Brian Boyle u wanna stay in the line up or not get traded? Chip in with the odd goal and don't get rag dolled by school girls
Yeah, ok.


Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
  #464
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,383
vCash: 130
Didn't he score a few days ago?

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:18 PM
  #465
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
his 3rd??



Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Didn't he score a few days ago?

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
  #466
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,383
vCash: 130
You said odd goal, not to become Mario Lemieux. The guy is a good team mate and a fine bottom-6 player. You guys just don't like him because he's not Eric Lindros. Get over it, he's not gonna change overnight.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
  #467
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
You said odd goal, not to become Mario Lemieux. The guy is a good team mate and a fine bottom-6 player. You guys just don't like him because he's not Eric Lindros. Get over it, he's not gonna change overnight.
You keep flip-flopping. Is he confusing him with Mario Lemieux or Eric Lindros? Make up your mind.

Yes, Brian Boyle has 3 goals.

The following players are obviously primed to knock him out of the lineup:
Dominic Moore: 3 goals
Derek Dorsett: 3 goals
Dan Carcillo: 2 goals

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:37 PM
  #468
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You keep flip-flopping. Is he confusing him with Mario Lemieux or Eric Lindros? Make up your mind.

Yes, Brian Boyle has 3 goals.

The following players are obviously primed to knock him out of the lineup:
Dominic Moore: 3 goals
Derek Dorsett: 3 goals
Dan Carcillo: 2 goals
Don't let stats and facts get into the way of another good ol' fashioned Boyle bashing.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:40 PM
  #469
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Why would u mention Lindros in the same sentence as Boyle? That's not even funny/Lindros was a man who used his frame to punish people Boyle is a cupcake and arguable the biggest ***** to ever play the game



Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
You said odd goal, not to become Mario Lemieux. The guy is a good team mate and a fine bottom-6 player. You guys just don't like him because he's not Eric Lindros. Get over it, he's not gonna change overnight.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:41 PM
  #470
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,738
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Why would u mention Lindros in the same sentence as Boyle? That's not even funny/Lindros was a man who used his frame to punish people Boyle is a cupcake and arguable the biggest ***** to ever play the game
Do you ever get tired of devoting so much energy to hating on a marginal player?

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:46 PM
  #471
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
I would just continue to sit Dorsett, or play the lesser idiot out of Carcillo and Dorsett

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:46 PM
  #472
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Don't let stats and facts get into the way of another good ol' fashioned Boyle bashing.
Before anyone says that Boyle's goals were flukes:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...13020629-264-h

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...13020535-310-h

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
  #473
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
also: this:


Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 07:04 PM
  #474
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,500
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I would just continue to sit Dorsett, or play the lesser idiot out of Carcillo and Dorsett
I don't remember Dorsett energizing the fans or the team with his play at any point this year.

Carcillo may be the bigger idiot but that's the trade-off. The Rangers lived and succeeded with that trade-off when it was Avery. Sure he'll take stupid penalties here and there eventually but as long as he continues to give the energy boost he gave the team last night, he deserves to play over Dorsett.

Can't just play a player over another one because they do less mistakes. That's an effective way to play mediocre hockey with no emotion.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 07:36 PM
  #475
Raspewtin
MayDeathNeverStopYou
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 500
I don't give a **** what energy Carcillo brings, I'm not sitting Dorsett for him. Who's a far superior hockey player.

__________________

Thank you boys
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.