HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Downie scratched versus NYR

Old
01-13-2014, 01:06 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
He's hurt. Staph.

SeanCWombBroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
People were jumping for joy when he came and Talbot was out. I will probably not say something popular - but I kinda preferred Talbot. Downie did some good playing for a little while, but I've never really been that impressed...
I was impressed. When Downie came on board, he sparked the line with Coots and Read that almost singlehandedly (OK, six-handedly) turned the season around with a half dozen great performances back to back. We owe him the benefit of the doubt for his injuries. He can play in the top 6 if needed, and is very strong on the puck/boards, which comes in handy in playoff races/playoff games.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 03:20 PM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I was impressed. When Downie came on board, he sparked the line with Coots and Read that almost singlehandedly (OK, six-handedly) turned the season around with a half dozen great performances back to back. We owe him the benefit of the doubt for his injuries. He can play in the top 6 if needed, and is very strong on the puck/boards, which comes in handy in playoff races/playoff games.
Spot on....

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 03:30 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
He's hurt. Staph.
really?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 01:44 PM
bauer

something definitely messed Downie up in that fight from that Caps blowout from a couple months back. he got his face crushed in and he's never been the same since. i don't think he's fully healed from that. Downie throughout his entire career has always racked up penalty minutes and when was the last time he fought someone? the Caps game. i think he's playing very tentatively right now. he's afraid to get hurt. which is the complete opposite of the normal Downie that played fearless and was a recking ball out there.

lets hope the long olympic break gives him more time to heal cause we really need the old Downie back.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

It is not so much that he is playing tentative but he is playing completely stupid and displaying his Downie syndrome. That was always my concern when they got him..lack of discipline. This team already has a big problem being undisciplined that Berube can't seem to rein in ...Downie just compounds the problem. Talbot was more of a team player...hence why Roy acquired him.

Also..does Downie even have any friends on the Flyers?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
something definitely messed Downie up in that fight from that Caps blowout from a couple months back. he got his face crushed in and he's never been the same since. i don't think he's fully healed from that. Downie throughout his entire career has always racked up penalty minutes and when was the last time he fought someone? the Caps game. i think he's playing very tentatively right now. he's afraid to get hurt. which is the complete opposite of the normal Downie that played fearless and was a recking ball out there.

lets hope the long olympic break gives him more time to heal cause we really need the old Downie back.
There's something definitely off, that's for sure. He's not effective at doing anything right now and seems even slower than normal.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
It is not so much that he is playing tentative but he is playing completely stupid and displaying his Downie syndrome. That was always my concern when they got him..lack of discipline. This team already has a big problem being undisciplined that Berube can't seem to rein in ...Downie just compounds the problem. Talbot was more of a team player...hence why Roy acquired him.

Also..does Downie even have any friends on the Flyers?
Vinny and G seemed on pretty good terms with him when on flight plan, and Vinny said something about him being a great teammate and a great guy off ice when he joined.

He maybe roomed with G on the phantoms as well? They played on the same line for sure.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 02:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post

I'm pretty sure that Caps game was Downie's like 2nd game as a Flyers, I'm next to positive. He's played well since then on the Couts line, where he racked up some points. Maybe he got hit again bringing back so symptoms or something but his struggles didn't start with that fight.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote