HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
AKA

"The Big Slow"

"Mr. Softie"

got rag-dolled by Simmonds last night? WTF???

We have enough PK'ers.

We have enough F/O guys.

We have enough soft players

we NEED to shed this guy, and we need to do it quick.
Brian Boyle the biggest softest 6'7 wuss in hockey.. how many times has Boyle lost a fight with a player that so much smaller than him?? how many times has Boyle let guys beat him up?? i mean doesnt he have 9 brothers or something, he never fought as a kid?? i cant wait till Brian Boyle is traded or let go as an UFA

Old
01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Boyle the one to go...

He's like 4th in the league in faceoffs, on our first PK unit, and regularly slotted up lines when we need a spot player throughout the game.

AV trusts him. He's thriving under AV. Mutually beneficial relationship. He's not going.
Boyle is not even top 10

following players are all better than Boyle:

Vermette - 56.7
Bergeron - 60.9
Toews - 57.0
M. Koivu - 55.7 (almost identical but, Koivu has twice as many face-offs taken total)
Gordon - 58.1
Spezza - 56.5
Gaustad - 59.4
Cullen - 57.7
Malhotra - 59.7
Kruger - 56.3
Sobotka - 62.1
Peverley - 59.4

These are all players that have better percentages and all of them have taken more face offs than Boyle.

Guys that have taken fewer F/O's than Boyle but better %'s are:

Jamie Benn, Adam Hall, Joe Vitale, Zenon Konopka (both Vitale and Konopka are at 63% and 64% respoectively), Joe Beagle,

Winning faces off's are important and I would look like a complete ass if I didn't admit that he's the teams best guy for that one particular job.

But we have enough PK'ers and Boyle adds nothing else to the line up.

Old
01-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

What's the prediction of a 7th rounder ever even ending up in the NHL?
Think this was an excellent signing. Just what they needed.

Old
01-13-2014, 08:53 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Brian Boyle the biggest softest 6'7 wuss in hockey.. how many times has Boyle lost a fight with a player that so much smaller than him?? how many times has Boyle let guys beat him up?? i mean doesnt he have 9 brothers or something, he never fought as a kid?? i cant wait till Brian Boyle is traded or let go as an UFA
All right. Let's not get carried away. Not being a strong fighter does not make for a "wuss" or make one "soft". Is Boyle a good fighter? No. Is he a soft player? No. Is he an effective 4th line center? Yes.

IF, and there is a reason the if is all caps, Carcillo can keep this up then both him and Dorsett belong in the line up. And then it becomes a matter of Moore or Boyle. Has Moore shown you that he is a more effective 4th line center?

Old
01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
Less than one percent. Of course, people will say, "Oh, well Lundqvist, Johnathan Ericsson, Mark Streit, Matt Moulson, etc..." That's an extremely rare occurrence. You're just as/more likely to find those guys as UDFAs.

It's just pain.
Old
01-13-2014, 09:35 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
It gets better.

If what Larry Brooks wrote today is accurate, the 7th rounder reverts back to the Rangers should Carcillo get waived and sent to the minors.

The condition on the deal is that Carcillo remains on the Rangers roster.

no lose situation.

We get a player fro a 7th. If he plays well, we win, if he doesn't and we has to waive him, we get our 7th back.

No harm, no foul.

Old
01-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Have really enjoyed his presence thus far. Wonder what happens when Dorsett is good to go.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Guess it was a good move by Slats because this player provides some energy.

But Carcillo whines a lot, that yellin from the bench is typical. And when he's being challenged by bigger guys he says no. I have to decide if he's a hero or a coward...

Old
01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Guess it was a good move by Slats because this player provides some energy.

But Carcillo whines a lot, that yellin from the bench is typical. And when he's being challenged by bigger guys he says no. I have to decide if he's a hero or a coward...
That's his role though. He's supposed to yap at other guys, and then refuse to engage. The way it annoys you, it annoys other players. And that's the whole point, to frustrate and distract the other team from actually playing hockey. If he threw down every time he was challenged, his constant talk wouldn't be effective. He'd talk ****, get his ass kicked, and the other team wouldn't really be affected at all.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Also agree with this. IF...and its a big IF right now, if this team continues this they should be keeping both Boyle and Moore. Why would we trade either? So we can suit up Dorsett? That is a terrible trade off. Both are way better players than Dorsett. Just scratch Dorsett.
Dorsett is a better player than you are giving him credit for. And he is williing to fight which we need desparately. When he's healthy he plays.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Slats was surely in his suite yesterday with a ****-eating grin on his face, after he scored. Cigar most likely in mouth.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Yeah--like a somewhat bigger version of Sean Avery so far. Not nearly as skilled though but a guy who on his own can turn a game into a war which is useful against teams capable of losing their composure or if our team comes out sluggish. All of a sudden players have to play harder just for their own self protection. To me that should be Carcillo's role on this team for now. Out of the blue the Rangers have someone that other teams hate playing against. We needed a real ******* and seems Glen has found one.
Now that we are good on the PP and on the PK guys like Carcillo are useful as they create alot of special teams play which now works in our favor. His edge is sorely needed. I hated him in the past (obviously) but that will change if he keeps playing like this.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I hated the trade I don't like the guy I loved his game tonight .. But the major point I take from tonight's game is we are still very soft and need a enforcer .. Hank bumped and run and the flyers had not a stich of concern .. Boyle is scared to fight Simmons and carcillio was pounded but the flyers fifth toughest guy .. We need more
Carcillo hurt Schenn. Just cause Schenn is much bigger and was able to rag doll him some doesn't mean he was pounded; cause he wasn't. But I agree I'd like to see more toughness.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
AKA

"The Big Slow"

"Mr. Softie"

We have enough PK'ers.

We have enough F/O guys.

I think I agree with this post.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Dorsett is a better player than you are giving him credit for. And he is williing to fight which we need desparately. When he's healthy he plays.
Well you also have the biggest negative bias towards Boyle... so I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
AKA

"The Big Slow"

"Mr. Softie"

We have enough PK'ers.

We have enough F/O guys.

He's not a soft player. Because he can't fight and is 6'7 doesn't equate to being soft.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:19 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Carcillo hurt Schenn. Just cause Schenn is much bigger and was able to rag doll him some doesn't mean he was pounded; cause he wasn't. But I agree I'd like to see more toughness.
The NBC people were saying Schenn was spitting blood towards the end of the game and that he had a big cut on the side of his mouth so apparently Carcillo really connected at least one damaging blow--pretty much enough to change my assessment of that fight from a win for Schenn to a draw. Schenn is a physical player but really not a good fighter though.

Old
01-13-2014, 01:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Dorsett is better than Boyle, now I've heard it all.

I guess people here still can't grasp the concept that you cannot punch your way through the playoffs...

:

Old
01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
TheTakedown764

Quote:
Dorsett is better than Boyle, now I've heard it all.

I guess people here still can't grasp the concept that you cannot punch your way through the playoffs...

:
DOn't you know? enforcers are better than scorers... fights < goals...

Old
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Are people trying to trade Boyle to keep Carcillo in the lineup?

Not surprising.

Old
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Are people trying to trade Boyle to keep Carcillo in the lineup?

Not surprising.
No. Trading Boyle because he will cost too much to re-sign. In turn that leads to Carcillo playing.

Old
01-13-2014, 05:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
No. Trading Boyle because he will cost too much to re-sign. In turn that leads to Carcillo playing.
I highly doubt he gets a "huge" raise. He has 3 goals. Maybe he finishes with 6. He makes $1.8 currently. Cap is going up. We can afford him in the 2.25-2.75 range. If he wants more then let him work. He is a lockerroom guy, who is decent on the dot, plays physical, and is a great PKer. He is a guy you keep. Not Dorsett.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:43 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I highly doubt he gets a "huge" raise. He has 3 goals. Maybe he finishes with 6. He makes $1.8 currently. Cap is going up. We can afford him in the 2.25-2.75 range. If he wants more then let him work. He is a lockerroom guy, who is decent on the dot, plays physical, and is a great PKer. He is a guy you keep. Not Dorsett.
I do not disagree with the price or keeping. However, in that case, it should be Moore that walks

Old
01-15-2014, 11:30 AM
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Boyle being good on faceoffs doesn't really matter anymore as he no longer plays center. He tooks a few faceoffs on the PK and that's about it. Since the start of December (21 games) he's taken 122 faceoffs for 5.8/game. Moore has taken 182 in 20 games for 9.1/game. So now essentially we have a winger who is slow, can't handle the puck at all, and rarely takes faceoffs (his best attribute). Essentially all he is good for is PK'ing. I'd absolutely trade him now and use Carcillo/Dorsett over him as they are both faster and much better with the puck.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Personally, I've always liked him.

Great fighter and costs nothing. His salary is half of what we would've paid for Pyatt. He gets paid less than Powe and Asham. When we need a tough presence, throwing him in there is a good idea.

I am guessing fewer people are now upset about this trade...

Closed Thread