HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Girardi on his way up - Did NOT Have to Pass Through Waivers

Old
01-25-2007, 05:21 PM
ran1gers

vCash: 500
Has anyone thought that maybe they are bringin him up to get a close look at what type of NHL player he might be; for the purpose of making him part of a trade? Was there any word on what Pittsburgh wanted for Orpik?

ran1gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:29 PM
funky

solve all your defensive problems, ha ha well some of them. Trade fan favorite Hall and Rachunek to L.A for Norstrom. Waiving Darius has freed up some room, and getting rid of Hall and Rachuneks contracts (2.8 mil) will help towards the remainder on Norstroms contract (approx 1.9 mil this year and 4.25 mil next).

It gives you a tough as nails vet who can anchor the 2nd pairing, moving Ward to the 3rd pairing to anchor it with a possible Pock or Girard player. Less minutes make Ward more effective and keeps him fresher for the playoffs. Hell he could probably play top line pairing with Rozival or Tyutin providing that defensive safewall.

L.A gains Rachunek who is still young enough to try and fill the hole trading another ex Senator Gleason left when he was traded, a servicable player in Hall who can fill in when Conroy, or Armstrong is dealt and cap space for next year.

Rangers gain a defensive cornerstone to help the playoff run this year and to mentor a guy like Staal next year. They lose two fan whipping boys that make a combined 2.8 mil and are both scheduled for restricted free agency. They keep there prospect pool intact and can call up a Dawes, Dubinsky, Immonen type player to fill in Halls spot. Still wont cure there 2nd line depth problem but a rather cost effective way of fixing part of the defence.

Thoughts

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
solve all your defensive problems, ha ha well some of them. Trade fan favorite Hall and Rachunek to L.A for Norstrom. Waiving Darius has freed up some room, and getting rid of Hall and Rachuneks contracts (2.8 mil) will help towards the remainder on Norstroms contract (approx 1.9 mil this year and 4.25 mil next).

It gives you a tough as nails vet who can anchor the 2nd pairing, moving Ward to the 3rd pairing to anchor it with a possible Pock or Girard player. Less minutes make Ward more effective and keeps him fresher for the playoffs. Hell he could probably play top line pairing with Rozival or Tyutin providing that defensive safewall.

L.A gains Rachunek who is still young enough to try and fill the hole trading another ex Senator Gleason left when he was traded, a servicable player in Hall who can fill in when Conroy, or Armstrong is dealt and cap space for next year.

Rangers gain a defensive cornerstone to help the playoff run this year and to mentor a guy like Staal next year. They lose two fan whipping boys that make a combined 2.8 mil and are both scheduled for restricted free agency. They keep there prospect pool intact and can call up a Dawes, Dubinsky, Immonen type player to fill in Halls spot. Still wont cure there 2nd line depth problem but a rather cost effective way of fixing part of the defence.

Thoughts

Although I would love to have Norstrom back in a Rangers uniform, at his cap hit and age I don't know if I would want him now. I'd rather give the spot to Baranka or Girardi next season and use all the cap space gained from letting ozo go, waiving Kaspar, and either trading or resigning Rachunek at a lower cost towards trying to sign a UFA center.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:41 PM
TheRedressor

does anybody realize that we cleared up over 5 million in cap my dumpin kasper and ozo

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
does anybody realize that we cleared up over 5 million in cap my dumpin kasper and ozo
lol thats what i'm saying. another 1.8 million comes off at the end of this season when Rachuneks contract expires (He should not get that kind of money next season) and if the Rangers unload Malik, that frees up another 2.5 million. Thats about 10 million of free cap space just from getting rid of some useless D. That combined with the fact that the salary cap will go up 2 million or so gives the team some room to sign a UFA.

Old
01-25-2007, 06:16 PM
UAGoalieGuy

The Rangers have $18,064,000 committed to 9 players for next season (Jagr, Straka, Tyutin, Dawes, A. Ward, Roszival, Malik, Cullen, Betts) Nylander has an option for next season for $2 million, don't know if he will accept it.

RFA's: (That Should Be Resigned) **Numbers in () are my estimates**

Lundqvist ($2.5 to $4 million)
Prucha ($2 million)
Orts ($600K)
Hollweg ($500K)
Pock ($750K/More than likely will be a UFA due to lack of games played)

Other Rangers that will be free agents (Either UFA or RFA):

Nylander (Will resign/Probably same as Straka $3.3)
Hall (Trade or let go/Not worth $1 million)
Shanny (Depends on what direction the team goes/$4 million)
J. Ward (Let go/Can be replaced from w/in)
Marcel Hossa (I say let go but Sather wont/$750K)
Orr (Let go)
Ozo (Let go)
Kaspar (Burried in the minors/retires)
Rachunek (Not worth $1.8 million/Only resign if at $1 million)
Weekes (He wont resign)

Total Salary so far: $33,149,000 for 17 players (Including Shanny/Hossa. I gave Lundqvist a salary of $3.5)

New Players Who's Contracts I Do Not Know:

Staal (I'm guessing the rookie max so like $850K)
Montoya (Same as Staal $850K)
Callahan
Baranka
Girardi

With These new rookies (even though not all will make the team) The total salary would be around $37 million, leaving about $12 million in cap room with the current salary cap. The cap has been said that it might go up $1 or $2 million giving the team around $14 million in cap space to sign UFA's.

My numbers maybe off a bit but there is a decent amount of money left for the summer.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 01-25-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old
01-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Levitate

Betts already re-signed for like $625k

edit: Actually, $615K for the next two years

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Betts already re-signed for like $625k

edit: Actually, $615K for the next two years
ah! good guess by me than lol I'll edit my above post with his contract

Old
01-25-2007, 07:05 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
the decision on who will be scratched should show us which way this team is going to really go.

if the scratch is someone like Malik, great, progress

if the scratch is Pock...then we know Girardi won't last more than a few games either
Prucha will sit, Pock will play wing on the 4th line and only get :45, Girardi will play 3rd pairing, no special teams and only get 5 minutes which in turn forces Malik to log 30 minutes. Malik will be on for all goals against and all goals for and will finish with a +2, 0 pts.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Drats!!!

Darn, and I was scheduled to interview Girardi for HF at the All-Star game in Toronto. He is an excellent young defenseman and I am sorry that the interview will be delayed. He has great poise on the ice, good hands, on-ice vision, and can play in his own zone. I am hoping that the Rangers give him a chance to show his talents while with the NHL team.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 07:22 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Darn, and I was scheduled to interview Girardi for HF at the All-Star game in Toronto. He is an excellent young defenseman and I am sorry that the interview will be delayed. He has great poise on the ice, good hands, on-ice vision, and can play in his own zone. I am hoping that the Rangers give him a chance to show his talents while with the NHL team.
Yeah I cannot wait to see this kid play and am glad he will see on ice time Saturday with Rachunek sitting out it seems. Girardi isn't on the list of Rangers prospects on hockeysfuture.com. Will he be considered for the next top 20 prospects rankings for each organization and what will his individual rating be?

Old
01-25-2007, 07:33 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post

Thoughts
On the surface I like it. However, no sooner will Nordstrom return to NY and he will play soft. Anyome for Gilles Marotte?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
LOL hope they give him a chance too..but we can all hear it coming already:

"Daniel has made some strides and showed that he's getting a little more comfortable with his transitional game and he has a great future with this team unfortunately for right now Daniel isn't in a spot where we can get him all that much playing time because we have some other guys here who have bought into what we're trying to accomplish"...that would be Renney probably while wearing a mustard colored suit and speaking the day after a loss to Philly after Girardi doesnt play and Rachunek Ward and Malik DO....
that might be the funniest thing i've read on here? what a freakin idiot! which d-men are "buying" in to the system? thats a good one renny!

sickboy35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I think it might be Rachunek. They have to be considering playing him in the games this weekend and giving him decent ice time seeing as how they are now keeping him out of the AHL All-Star game, where he is suppose to be a starter. They wouldn't do that to him? right? lol
I think any player would give up the chance to play in a minor league all-star game for even the remote chance of making his NHL debut. And any organization that postpones making a move to help their NHL team should have its front office replaced.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I think any player would give up the chance to play in a minor league all-star game for even the remote chance of making his NHL debut. And any organization that postpones making a move to help their NHL team should have its front office replaced.
knowing Sather and this team imagine if they made him miss the AHL all star game to practice with the Rangers and then told Girardi that he would be a healthy scratch. I can see this happening. Its like when we called up Lampman to practice before the Sens game only to watch from the stands, that is great for our future I wonder if ever a player who was called up to an NHL team, did not report to the team because the player knew that he would get more ice time in the AHL.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I wonder if ever a player who was called up to an NHL team, did not report to the team because the player knew that he would get more ice time in the AHL.
Somehow I seriously doubt it.

Who sits now? I'm hoping Malik and if not him then Rachunek. I'm guessing Pock though.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
knowing Sather and this team imagine if they made him miss the AHL all star game to practice with the Rangers and then told Girardi that he would be a healthy scratch. I can see this happening. Its like when we called up Lampman to practice before the Sens game only to watch from the stands, that is great for our future I wonder if ever a player who was called up to an NHL team, did not report to the team because the player knew that he would get more ice time in the AHL.
Not report to a team that calls you up? You realize that any player at any level in any sport would NEVER play a game again. Not to mention it's a breach of contract.

Don't know why I even bothered.

Old
01-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post

Who sits now? I'm hoping Malik and if not him then Rachunek. I'm guessing Pock though.
That would be a solid bet.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Rachunek will be the one scratched Saturday infavor of Girardi. Pock will play. The link is in one of the other threads and im too lazy to go find it lol.

Old
01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Anyone who thinks Malik is going to sit is deluding themselves--management sees him as an integral part of the defense and have said that repeatedly.

As for who sits? It was mentioned in one of the blogs referenced in this thread that Girardi plays the right side exclusively and that the most likely player to sit because of this is Rachuncek. I'm sure it will be clearer when there is a report from practice giving us an idea of what the pairings were there.

Old
01-25-2007, 11:40 PM
NYR_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Rachunek will be the one scratched Saturday infavor of Girardi. Pock will play. The link is in one of the other threads and im too lazy to go find it lol.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2007/0...d-the-new-guy/

NYR_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_32 View Post
lol thanx for not being lazy like myself lol

Old
01-26-2007, 06:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Well not really

Sandis Ozolinsh complained about his knee shortly after bring assigned to Hartford.The Rangers sent Ozolinsh to the doctor in Colorado who operated on Ozolinsh's knee last spring.The doctor determined Ozolinsh was suffering from inflammation in the knee and prescribed 2-3 weeks of rest.The Rangers rescinded the waiver claim and placed Ozolinsh on IR.Ozolinsh still counts against the cap.After the 2-3 weeks,the Rangers will place Ozolinsh again on waivers

The Rangers are saving about $1.1 million in cap space with the Darius Kasparaitis demotion to Hartford.About $1.8 million of the $2.989 million has already been charged to the Rangers cap

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
HoustonHockeyNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_32 View Post
That link doesn't make it sound like much of a sure thing that Rachunek will sit; sounds like more speculation.

HoustonHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Well not really

Sandis Ozolinsh complained about his knee shortly after bring assigned to Hartford.The Rangers sent Ozolinsh to the doctor in Colorado who operated on Ozolinsh's knee last spring.The doctor determined Ozolinsh was suffering from inflammation in the knee and prescribed 2-3 weeks of rest.The Rangers rescinded the waiver claim and placed Ozolinsh on IR.Ozolinsh still counts against the cap.After the 2-3 weeks,the Rangers will place Ozolinsh again on waivers

The Rangers are saving about $1.1 million in cap space with the Darius Kasparaitis demotion to Hartford.About $1.8 million of the $2.989 million has already been charged to the Rangers cap

So now when do we hear again about Bozolinsh?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote