HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne in 2 Events Tonight

Old
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Gagne is absolutely floating out there.
He barely touched the puck. Lecavalier and St Louis just played catch with themselves. Whatever. It's not like anybody gives a **** about that stupid game. It was boring from start to finish.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 08:20 AM
ArchieIsGod

i dont want to start a new thread about this so ill just post it here...

my biggest problem with gange is his lack of creativity either on a breakaway...one move...and then when he is one on one he always throws a low percentage shot on net instead of trying to make a move around the dman. i think thats what makes him less of a dynamic player, he has the skill and speed to get around the defense and he can definetly make more moves on a goalie than that backhander but he doesnt ever try any of them...

i actually notice this with alot of flyers players carter is the next that comes to mind...he has an insane wrister but he and the rest of the team take low percentage shots instead of making one move to get in better position

any one else see this??

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
dedhed

He sucked.......as usual

I have never been a Gagne fan,I've never been impressed with his play,and his play in the "All-Star" game was a joke.The only reason he was even in that game was to represent the worst team in pro hockey,because the team doesn't have any other players who are even worthy of playing in the NHL,let alone the "All-Star" game.
Those fans who love Gagne,and deem him worth a top-level player like Jerome Iginla,need to watch other teams play this game than the stinking Philadelphia Flyers.The Flyers entire organisation needs to be re-tooled.If Gagne is trully our team's contribution to the level of talent,then it's no wonder our team sucks.
He couldn't hit a bull in bum with a bloody bazooka

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwilgus View Post
I have never been a Gagne fan,I've never been impressed with his play,and his play in the "All-Star" game was a joke.The only reason he was even in that game was to represent the worst team in pro hockey,because the team doesn't have any other players who are even worthy of playing in the NHL,let alone the "All-Star" game.
Those fans who love Gagne,and deem him worth a top-level player like Jerome Iginla,need to watch other teams play this game than the stinking Philadelphia Flyers.The Flyers entire organisation needs to be re-tooled.If Gagne is trully our team's contribution to the level of talent,then it's no wonder our team sucks.
He couldn't hit a bull in bum with a bloody bazooka
Not that it really matters, but he was invisible and was a -4. You noticed Lecavalier and St. Louis though, but Gagne was nowhere. He had 1 more point that Crosby did though.

Everything you said about Gagne though, is correct. He is not an elite player, not even a 1st line player. Off the ice he has the personality of a mortician and on the ice he has the personality of Eric Lindros, sans the occasional fight. Doesn't want to be great, but wants everyone to think he is.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
He barely touched the puck. Lecavalier and St Louis just played catch with themselves. Whatever. It's not like anybody gives a **** about that stupid game. It was boring from start to finish.
I was embarrassed. The best player for the Philadelphia Flyers went to the all-star game and looked completely disinterested. I expected better representation.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I was embarrassed. The best player for the Philadelphia Flyers went to the all-star game and looked completely disinterested. I expected better representation.
The best player in terms of skill and being able to show off at an All-Star game would not be Gagne in the first place. It would be Forsberg, on one or two feet, or Pitkanen.

Gagne played so well in his first game. Who knows what was going on last night. Maybe an extension of how bad his team's season has been.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Not that it really matters, but he was invisible and was a -4. You noticed Lecavalier and St. Louis though, but Gagne was nowhere. He had 1 more point that Crosby did though.

Everything you said about Gagne though, is correct. He is not an elite player, not even a 1st line player. Off the ice he has the personality of a mortician and on the ice he has the personality of Eric Lindros, sans the occasional fight. Doesn't want to be great, but wants everyone to think he is.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
mikedifr

OH MY GOD this stuff with Gagne is getting so old. Now the reason he isnt great is because he didnt play that great in an all star game.

I think you could put Ovechkin, Crosby, Phaneuf and Brodeur on this team and people would find something wrong with them. But Fridge is great

Its a friggin all star game, who cares.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

you need to go back and watch Lindros in the mid-90s... man played with more passion, anger, heart, and intensity than almost any other player in the league at the time. i don't have the foggiest idea where you get this idiotic opinion about Lindros... if the man had played at even REMOTELY close to the cool-level that Gagne plays with he would have avoided many of the injuries that hurt his career, but he didn't learn how to cool it off until he was with the Rangers... at which point the concussions slowed down, but he wasn't NEARLY the player he had been here.

Eric was a VICIOUS s.o.b. for the Orange and Black when he first came into this league and damn near injured a player every game... Defensemen literally shied away from the puck in their defensive zone when he was out there for fear of him lighting them up in the corner, and when he DID light them up... he broke them.

Lindros was a lot of things... but that description of him as a Flyer is so unbelievably ignorant and off the mark i'm beginning to believe you weren't paying attention to him as a Flyer, or don't remember him as a Flyer... he was THE BEST player in the league until his injuries got the better of him. for a stretch there he had a higher PPG than Jagr when he was tearing it up with the Pens... add to that the physical dimension of his game and he was twice the presence of Jagr on the ice when he could lift himself off the IR.

oh, i disagree with your Gagne opinion as well... but it's not nearly as off-base.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
you need to go back and watch Lindros in the mid-90s... man played with more passion, anger, heart, and intensity than almost any other player in the league at the time. i don't have the foggiest idea where you get this idiotic opinion about Lindros... if the man had played at even REMOTELY close to the cool-level that Gagne plays with he would have avoided many of the injuries that hurt his career, but he didn't learn how to cool it off until he was with the Rangers... at which point the concussions slowed down, but he wasn't NEARLY the player he had been here.

Eric was a VICIOUS s.o.b. for the Orange and Black when he first came into this league and damn near injured a player every game... Defensemen literally shied away from the puck in their defensive zone when he was out there for fear of him lighting them up in the corner, and when he DID light them up... he broke them.
Lindros was a lot of things... but that description of him as a Flyer is so unbelievably ignorant and off the mark i'm beginning to believe you weren't paying attention to him as a Flyer, or don't remember him as a Flyer... he was THE BEST player in the league until his injuries got the better of him. for a stretch there he had a higher PPG than Jagr when he was tearing it up with the Pens... add to that the physical dimension of his game and he was twice the presence of Jagr on the ice when he could lift himself off the IR.

oh, i disagree with your Gagne opinion as well... but it's not nearly as off-base.
Remember when he cross checked that one Blues defenseman into Cujo? Had Joseph not been there, Lindros would have broke that guys neck without giving it so much as a second though.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Jester

Quote:
Remember when he cross checked that one Blues defenseman into Cujo? Had Joseph not been there, Lindros would have broke that guys neck without giving it so much as a second though.
it's a LONG list of people that Lindros **** up when he was with the Flyers...

i VIVIDLY remember him head-butting Stevens by pulling Steven's toward him with his own stick...

was it Bonk that he decimated in the 1st game of the season and nearly crushed his face?

my most vivid memory was a Flyers/Boston game -- i don't remember the name of the dman -- in the Spectrum and watching from the top of the building behind the net as he came screaming in on a dump-in and obliterated the guy... i swear the boards on the otherside of the rink shook. was seriously an "if he dies, he dies" moment...

guy was an unbelievable athlete to watch until the injuries caught up with him.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
it's a LONG list of people that Lindros **** up when he was with the Flyers...

i VIVIDLY remember him head-butting Stevens by pulling Steven's toward him with his own stick...

was it Bonk that he decimated in the 1st game of the season and nearly crushed his face?

my most vivid memory was a Flyers/Boston game -- i don't remember the name of the dman -- in the Spectrum and watching from the top of the building behind the net as he came screaming in on a dump-in and obliterated the guy... i swear the boards on the otherside of the rink shook. was seriously an "if he dies, he dies" moment...

guy was an unbelievable athlete to watch until the injuries caught up with him.
It was Dackell. He also damn near killed Rob DiMaio with what can only be described as an backbreaker that followed with an elbow driving Rob's face into the ice.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Jester

Quote:
It was Dackell. He also damn near killed Rob DiMaio with what can only be described as an backbreaker that followed with an elbow driving Rob's face into the ice.
Dackell, ah yes... just a brutal hit.

gp/g/a/p/pim
61 41 34 75 147
65 44 53 97 103
46 29 41 70 60
73 47 68 115 163
52 32 47 79 136
63 30 41 71 134
71 40 53 93 120
55 27 32 59 83

career as a flyer
486 290 369 659 946

meaning, if he could have survived a season his avg for a season as a flyer:
82 49 62 111 160

i despise the man, but as a hockey player and what he brought to the table when he was on the ice for this club... he deserves nothing but respect.

Old
01-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Dackell, ah yes... just a brutal hit.

gp/g/a/p/pim
61 41 34 75 147
65 44 53 97 103
46 29 41 70 60
73 47 68 115 163
52 32 47 79 136
63 30 41 71 134
71 40 53 93 120
55 27 32 59 83

career as a flyer
486 290 369 659 946

meaning, if he could have survived a season his avg for a season as a flyer:
82 49 62 111 160

i despise the man, but as a hockey player and what he brought to the table when he was on the ice for this club... he deserves nothing but respect.
Those projection doesn't do him justice. A projection implies that the player is healthy for a single season, but the numbers used to calculate it were littered with games where he was just returning from injuries. There were games where he's shouldn't have been playing because his conditioning was well below 70%.

Old
01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Jester

Quote:
Those projection doesn't do him justice. A projection implies that the player is healthy for a single season, but the numbers used to calculate it were littered with games where he was just returning from injuries. There were games where he's shouldn't have been playing because his conditioning was well below 70%.
whatever the case may be, his average production as a Flyer was a 111pt season with 160 PIMs...

Old
01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
mikedifr

Quote:

I agree with you about Lindros. For a good stretch there, he had the 3rd or 4th highest PPG of all time, people seem to forget that. Put the team around him that Forsberg had and I bet you we have the cups and Forsberg does not. Jester, you know as well as I do, once some people get a thought in their head about a player, it wont change. Look at Esche vs. Nitty? Look at Gagne. He could score 40+ goals for the next 4 years of his contract, but it will always be "he isnt worth the money" "he doesnt work hard" "he isnt a leader" BLAH BLAH BLAH

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote