HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf Lounge #140: New Lounge, Same Great Taste

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2014, 10:21 PM
  #701
Quarter
Cry Havoc
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
I've enjoyed the few episodes of Archer that I've seen.

Quarter is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:22 PM
  #702
Epictetus
Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,716
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
May be a dumb question (probably is...), but what exactly do you mean? Like how would I go about that? Just flirt with her and be nice to her and ****? I mean, I give her hugs and put my arm around her a lot and she doesn't mind at all. Hell, as a matter of fact, she seems to enjoy it and returns the favor.
You need to just ask her out to a non-academic setting (off campus), and something that is not completely friend-zone esque. Go to a bar, a concert, a club, invite her over, etc.

Avoid silly places like the movies, mini-golfing?, and other things you see grade school kids engaging in.

Also, just to be clear, hugging and putting your arms around her and whatever means she is comfortable with you -- but that's not always a good thing, particularly with your intentions. You want to be MORE than friends, and that kind of material is what (super) close friends engage in.

And never hang out with her and her girlfriend. That's just suicide.

Most importantly, she needs to see you in a new light. Someone worth pursuing.

But again, there is no reason for you not to be interested and talking to other girls at the same time.

Epictetus is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:29 PM
  #703
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,451
vCash: 95
The plan is to start watching archer tomorrow on my break, will see if I like it then.

Grant is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
  #704
Epictetus
Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,716
vCash: 50
I think I might start getting into Arrow.

Big fan of comic books, and DC > Marvel, so why not?

Edit: I knew LR was going to comment on that post!

Epictetus is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
  #705
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
First thing, we looked at resumes. My prof mentioned about how many employers can sometimes throw your paper right in the trash if your email address is not professional looking, and as a former employer, claims he saw a resume with a really crude email address (can't say it on here without getting infracted). Needless to say, it was so hilarious because the element of surprise got to me. I really didn't expect that to come out of his mouth.

But that was nothing in comparison to why I'm still swimming in my own tears of laughter. Basically, our prof was trying to show us excerpts of documentaries about the unethical business practices of Apple and similar companies. Anyways, he went to his favorites on YouTube and loaded up his favorites and instead of clicking the intended video, accidentally clicked a link to this.



He didn't notice anything wrong for about 10 seconds and it took him 30 seconds to stop the video. The whole class was in tears.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLOLLLLL bahahaha omfg this is gold

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
  #706
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,104
vCash: 72
Have started watching Breaking Bad (and have managed to get past the first two episodes). Not bad. I don't know how people think it's better then GoT or TWD, but it's a very good show still.

Cor is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
  #707
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
You need to just ask her out to a non-academic setting (off campus), and something that is not completely friend-zone esque. Go to a bar, a concert, a club, invite her over, etc.

Avoid silly places like the movies, mini-golfing?, and other things you see grade school kids engaging in.

Also, just to be clear, hugging and putting your arms around her and whatever means she is comfortable with you -- but that's not always a good thing, particularly with your intentions. You want to be MORE than friends, and that kind of material is what (super) close friends engage in.

And never hang out with her and her girlfriend. That's just suicide.

Most importantly, she needs to see you in a new light. Someone worth pursuing.

But again, there is no reason for you not to be interested and talking to other girls at the same time.
I missed your girl talk big time dude

Hmm might ask you some questions later haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I think I might start getting into Arrow.

Big fan of comic books, and DC > Marvel, so why not?

Edit: I knew LR was going to comment on that post!
That show is ****ing awesome dude. I watch it religiously and as a comic book fan, i agree a 100%.


Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:45 PM
  #708
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
Hi LR

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 10:46 PM
  #709
BertCorbeau
Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Have started watching Breaking Bad (and have managed to get past the first two episodes). Not bad. I don't know how people think it's better then GoT or TWD, but it's a very good show still.
Give it time bud .. Give it time

Once you watch it you can't unwatch it, and must finish it

Holy **** LR is posting in the lounge again! Missed you brother

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
  #710
Quarter
Cry Havoc
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Give it time bud .. Give it time

Once you watch it you can't unwatch it, and must finish it

Holy **** LR is posting in the lounge again! Missed you brother
I'm two or three episodes into BB's second season and haven't watched an episode in like 4 months.

... so there

Quarter is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:08 PM
  #711
Ace88*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Have started watching Breaking Bad (and have managed to get past the first two episodes). Not bad. I don't know how people think it's better then GoT or TWD, but it's a very good show still.
It's so much better than the walking dead it's actually ridiculous

Ace88* is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:23 PM
  #712
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,390
vCash: 816




My bunk.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:24 PM
  #713
BertCorbeau
Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
I'm two or three episodes into BB's second season and haven't watched an episode in like 4 months.

... so there
Well.. Clearly you just suck

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:27 PM
  #714
Baarle*
Lähme looduses
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 28.294194, -39.07612
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post

My bunk.
Looks great, except that side table looks really out of place

Baarle* is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:30 PM
  #715
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,029
vCash: 500
Damn, that bedside table Nice work Schenn
At first I thought it was floating

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
  #716
Peasy
apple CORes = SOFT
 
Peasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Bay
Country: Estonia
Posts: 7,255
vCash: 960
BB gets better as things go on IMO, but its nowhere close to as good as GoT.

Yo that bunk is sick, my rooms small, i wish i could do that **** so i could save some room but my cat wouldnt be too happy.

Peasy is online now  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
  #717
Baarle*
Lähme looduses
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 28.294194, -39.07612
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,307
vCash: 500
Is the frame mounted to the floor or is it just a floating structure? Because if you happen to lean on that table....

Baarle* is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
  #718
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,390
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
Looks great, except that side table looks really out of place
Honestly, I didn't care about that at all. It looks funny.

Schenn is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:34 PM
  #719
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,390
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
Is the frame mounted to the floor or is it just a floating structure? Because if you happen to lean on that table....
It's anchored to the wall, but the table would sooner break off if I leaned on it even if it wasn't.

Schenn is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
  #720
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,182
vCash: 500
haha thats sick.. how do you get on your bed tho?

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:44 PM
  #721
Kyle93*
LL4Life
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pyongyang
Country: North Korea
Posts: 18,138
vCash: 1255
Lots of talk about girls lately. Come on boys, disregard females acquire currency

Kyle93* is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:45 PM
  #722
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,390
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
haha thats sick.. how do you get on your bed tho?
I just crawl up the side closest to the camera. Maybe I'll build a latter when I go home next, but as of now I can make do ha.

Schenn is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:48 PM
  #723
Quarter
Cry Havoc
 
Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
My bunk.
That's amazing... what's the square footage of the room? I know you said it was small, but it looks like you're living out of a closet

Quarter is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:49 PM
  #724
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,104
vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
It's so much better than the walking dead it's actually ridiculous
Don't see it. At least not so far.

Breaking Bad also had some pretty low ratings in his first couple seasons. Then it spiked, so maybe by season 3 it gets better

Cor is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 11:51 PM
  #725
Baarle*
Lähme looduses
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 28.294194, -39.07612
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
Lots of talk about girls lately. Come on boys, disregard females acquire currency
Step 1: Disregard females, acquire currency
Step 2: Disregard currency, acquire alcohol
Step 3: Consume alcohol, acquire females


Baarle* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.