HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I had a weird dream last night (part II)

Old
01-26-2007, 09:37 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
I had a weird dream last night (part II)

Now that's getting strange.

A guy posted a thread a few days ago saying that he dreams that Souray was traded for Coburn.

Last night, I made a REALLY crazy dream. I was the assistant GM of the team and there were a lot of moves.

First, we were at the beginning of February and we acquired Mikko Koivu from the Wild. I don't know exactly what we gave but Plekanec was part of the deal. Later the same day, Gainey announced that Samsonov was traded to the Blackhawks for a draft pick. Time goes by until the trade deadline. Gainey had something major to announced. Kostsitsyn and the famous 2nd rounder was traded to the Blues for Eric Brewer and a late pick. Then, I went to see Gainey and told him that we had too many d-men with the team. He told me to don't worry and that he had a last trade to make. He traded Dandenault to the Predators for a pick.

I don't know what happened during the season. There was a blackout and I was now to the 2007 draft. That's where it became to be a bit crazy. The Flyers had the first overall choice. Gainey traded Ryder, Halak, a 1st and a 2nd for their pick. Then, he selected Angelo Esposito. The problem is that in my dream, the 2nd rounder was already traded to the Blues. However, I thought about it this morning and I told myself, what if we acquired a 2nd rounder for Dandenault. I know I'm pushing but at least, it's realistic a bit.

Then, the dream became unrealistic. The Habs resigned Markov, Souray AND Brewer. Gainey also signed UFA Ryan Smyth.

I was sad when I thought about it. My dream was quite interesting before those impossible signings. For fun, I decided to look at the lines:

The signings:
-Markov at 5,25M$
-Smyth at 5,25M$
-Souray at 4,75M$
-Brewer at 4,25M$
-Johnson at 2,0M$
-Higgins at 2,0M$
-Komisarek at 2,0M$
-Perezhogin at 0,8M$

The lines:

Latendresse-SKoivu-Kovalev
Higgins-MKoivu-Smyth
Perezhogin-Chipchura-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brewer
Bouillon-O'Byrne/Côté

Huet
Danis

Total: About 46M$!!!

If the cap increases, that would be possible. That said, I know that the Wild won't trade MK and that the Oilers will do all they can to retain Smyth, but that dream is at least intriguing.

Chipchura is a question mark for next year but the lineup seems pretty good to me. And we had Esposito who would be able to replace Koivu and finally gives us the dominating center we are searching for.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Subban Fan

You have to stop eating before you go to the bed...

Subban Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
One Trick Pony

If it was Eklund's dream he would've put all this in his website, saying it's a rumour from 5 sources (e5)

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
If it was Eklund's dream he would've put all this in his website, saying it's a rumour from 5 sources (e5)

I should have tell him!!!

Old
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
felixd

Wow do you have detailed dreams...no offense, this sounds more like an EHM season than a dream.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
HABkings

I dont think we are ever going to win a face off with this line up though. Although I do enjoy the line up alot.

HABkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

where do you guys get your mushrooms

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Kramy

Last night I dreamed perezhogin_19 had a life

No offense intended, just kidding...

Kramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:40 PM
J-D

Eric Brewer???

It's a nightmare, not a dream!

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Habsfan18

I had a dream last night that Mike Johnson got traded to the Rangers

I was pissed off until I found out that it was for Nylander lol

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Wow do you have detailed dreams...no offense, this sounds more like an EHM season than a dream.
No problem. I would probably think the same. I don't have detailed dreams really often, at least not about the habs...

Old
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Now that's getting strange.

A guy posted a thread a few days ago saying that he dreams that Souray was traded for Coburn.

Last night, I made a REALLY crazy dream. I was the assistant GM of the team and there were a lot of moves.

First, we were at the beginning of February and we acquired Mikko Koivu from the Wild. I don't know exactly what we gave but Plekanec was part of the deal. Later the same day, Gainey announced that Samsonov was traded to the Blackhawks for a draft pick. Time goes by until the trade deadline. Gainey had something major to announced. Kostsitsyn and the famous 2nd rounder was traded to the Blues for Eric Brewer and a late pick. Then, I went to see Gainey and told him that we had too many d-men with the team. He told me to don't worry and that he had a last trade to make. He traded Dandenault to the Predators for a pick.

I don't know what happened during the season. There was a blackout and I was now to the 2007 draft. That's where it became to be a bit crazy. The Flyers had the first overall choice. Gainey traded Ryder, Halak, a 1st and a 2nd for their pick. Then, he selected Angelo Esposito. The problem is that in my dream, the 2nd rounder was already traded to the Blues. However, I thought about it this morning and I told myself, what if we acquired a 2nd rounder for Dandenault. I know I'm pushing but at least, it's realistic a bit.

Then, the dream became unrealistic. The Habs resigned Markov, Souray AND Brewer. Gainey also signed UFA Ryan Smyth.

I was sad when I thought about it. My dream was quite interesting before those impossible signings. For fun, I decided to look at the lines:

The signings:
-Markov at 5,25M$
-Smyth at 5,25M$
-Souray at 4,75M$
-Brewer at 4,25M$
-Johnson at 2,0M$
-Higgins at 2,0M$
-Komisarek at 2,0M$
-Perezhogin at 0,8M$

The lines:

Latendresse-SKoivu-Kovalev
Higgins-MKoivu-Smyth
Perezhogin-Chipchura-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brewer
Bouillon-O'Byrne/Côté

Huet
Danis

Total: About 46M$!!!

If the cap increases, that would be possible. That said, I know that the Wild won't trade MK and that the Oilers will do all they can to retain Smyth, but that dream is at least intriguing.

Chipchura is a question mark for next year but the lineup seems pretty good to me. And we had Esposito who would be able to replace Koivu and finally gives us the dominating center we are searching for.

lol i think the unrealistic part started way before that point:

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote